99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Spit as a lubricant

    1437555109
    The Lady Ligeia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 46
    • Joined: 27 May 2015

    Personally, I have never done this. But I have had it recommended to me. However, I have also heard that it's not a good idea for women because your mouth contains bacteria that doesn't belong in your vag. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this

    1437555292
    LadyS [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 915
    • Joined: 4 Jul 2012

    I've done this before both during solo pla and with a partner, usually when the lube is just too far away or is not available. It's not as good as proper lube, but it does the job when required. As for the bacteria, I don;t know to be honest, but can't imagine it poses any more dangers than oral sex would.

    1437555643
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7166
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    I think the only thing you need to watch out for is if your partner has cold sores but then you wouldn't let him do oral sex on you if he had these in the first place.

    However I think the modern lubes are far better at doing this job .

    1437556941
    Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 12520
    • Joined: 20 Aug 2014

    We've used it in an 'emergency' lol and have never had any issues, does the job ok for a bit but nowhere near as effective as the proper stuff x

    1437557493
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3205
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    I've done it in the past, but not loads of spit that you see in porn films. It's rare that I'll need to use lube, but if I do, I like to use silicone lube.

    1437559830
    wildflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4928
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2013

    Yes. we've done it in the past when we were in a situation where lube wasn't available but I'd much prefer to use proper lube. I shouldn't think that spit would introduce any more bacteria than oral sex and the vagina is pretty good at self cleansing. I should imagine that people have been using spit for thousands of years anyway :)

    1437561709
    mysteron [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7166
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    wildflower wrote:

    Yes. we've done it in the past when we were in a situation where lube wasn't available but I'd much prefer to use proper lube. I shouldn't think that spit would introduce any more bacteria than oral sex and the vagina is pretty good at self cleansing. I should imagine that people have been using spit for thousands of years anyway :)

    Kinky cavemen lol :)

    1437566653
    Spoonerism [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 309
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2011

    We often use spit to 'reactivate' lube once it starts to dry from all the friction and it's pretty good for that.

    As for the bacteria thing, I can't see it being worse than just receiving oral. Might be a good idea to avoid it if he's recently eaten or drank something really high in sugar as sugar and vaginas just don't mix!

    1437566769
    MattB [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 308
    • Joined: 20 Jan 2014

    Use it all of the time for vaginal sex, just to give the natural lube a bit of a helpimg hand until she really gets going ;)

    1437568475
    misstasty [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 37
    • Joined: 14 Jun 2015

    mysteron wrote:

    wildflower wrote:

    Yes. we've done it in the past when we were in a situation where lube wasn't available but I'd much prefer to use proper lube. I shouldn't think that spit would introduce any more bacteria than oral sex and the vagina is pretty good at self cleansing. I should imagine that people have been using spit for thousands of years anyway :)

    Kinky cavemen lol :)

    Kinky cavemen - made me giggle.

    1437569212
    Cuddlekins [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 425
    • Joined: 18 Feb 2014

    misstasty wrote:

    mysteron wrote:

    wildflower wrote:

    Yes. we've done it in the past when we were in a situation where lube wasn't available but I'd much prefer to use proper lube. I shouldn't think that spit would introduce any more bacteria than oral sex and the vagina is pretty good at self cleansing. I should imagine that people have been using spit for thousands of years anyway :)

    Kinky cavemen lol :)

    Kinky cavemen - made me giggle.

    Sorry Kinda off topic but got Captaib Caveman going round in my head now, Thanks

    1437570403
    LilHorror [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 850
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2014

    Nah, we personly avoid it. I have enough health problems going on around that region so I would not was to risk anymore issues xx

    1437570876
    TickleMeTots [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 158
    • Joined: 7 Jun 2014

    Umm, for me it does feel better than using lube. However, I've stopped doing using spit now as often it caused a bit of a problem. I actually tell my partner off if he goes to use spit when there is lube nearby.

    Though in the spare of the moment with no lube, it just has to be done, ahaa.

    1437574504
    Kimberleyking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 564
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2013

    This is a strange one for me reading the comments i kinda have a phobia of spit onec Mr spat on my clit when he was giving me oral and i stopped him because i was insulted and thought it was disrespectful lol

    But that said it does happen alot in porn you see loads of spitting and saliva swapping

    1437574766
    PetiteJess [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 235
    • Joined: 2 Mar 2010

    I have used spit before and it's never caused me problems before but I would choose lube over it.
    Spit tends to dry out quickly so a lube is much more efficient.

    1437672348
    KitsiKiki [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 301
    • Joined: 21 Jun 2013

    Yep. It can come in handy in a tight spot (pun not intended, but it works), but the OH and I don't use it as a matter of course. When we want or need a little extra glide, we prefer lube. Personally, I like water-based lubes.

    I find spit dries up quicker, like PetiteJess said, and it also seems to me to sort of negate my natural juices. My guess would be because of the digestive enzymes in saliva breaking it down? As for bacteria, I agree with the general consensus - probably nothing to worry about.

    However, no one has yet mentioned yeast. (Though Spoonerism's comment about the sugar kind of touches on it.) My partner is from a family who are sensitive to yeast, so we often have problems with thrush. He gets oral thrush a lot, so yeast can transfer easily through his spit. It's not too big a deal for oral - since it's mostly on the outside I can just wash it off and be relatively safe, but if we use spit for penetration, it's riskier and I prefer to avoid it.

    1437791188
    Kelv156 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 8
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2010

    Ive done it a few times with no issue. Only for mutual masturbation though!!

    1437792423
    The Lady Ligeia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 46
    • Joined: 27 May 2015

    Thank you to everyone who has responded I think I'm just going to stick with regular lube unless I REALLY need something fast lol

    1437812658
    kinkytaffs [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 201
    • Joined: 10 Dec 2014

    Purring-Pussy wrote:

    I've done it in the past, but not loads of spit that you see in porn films. It's rare that I'll need to use lube, but if I do, I like to use silicone lube.

    Love the loads of spit in porn films really horny visually an very noisy all that slurping making me twitch as I speak

    1437829303
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2062
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    I do not think its more risky than oral sex, tbh. Although during oral sex, you do not usually spit, still the saliva gets on and in the vagina. I guess as emergency solution, it could work, but I would prefer a lube, since that usually lasts longer and it is easier to use.

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.