1. How did you meet your Partner ?

Etzio4891 [sign in to see picture]

She was a bar maid and I invited her back to mine. We had sex that night. She moved in a month later. We got engaged a month after that and married with in thirteen months of meeting. Twelve years marriage this year.

D&E [sign in to see picture]

I met mine after my dad got put into a care home, she was one of his carers so we just got talking then after a few weeks she text me after dad gave her my number, met up not long after and been together for 3 years now

rockstar [sign in to see picture]

She was the friend of one of my friends and we met at various social events in Leeds during my summer vacation from Newcastle university?

I didn't realise that she was attracted to me at all  (men are generally a bit dim over things like that) until another friend pointed it out.

We got together again over the Christmas break and she moved in with me a couple of months later. We have been together for 46 years now and married for 44 years. 

Very conventional I know but there it is.

MsR [sign in to see picture]

We were set up by mutual friends.

My line manager at the time invited me to a party 'for like-minded people': OH was a friend of her son. She did add, once I'd accepted the invitation, 'we've found you a man!', because her son and his wife had asked her if she knew anyone to introduce to their friend - I nearly ran a mile when I heard that, as most people say it when they are trying to fix up a friend with someone they wouldn't be seen dead with....

The 'party' was a stitch up just to get us to meet. We were both in our 30s with a bit of background.

OH had already accepted a job in another city so our first year was spent commutiing, but we 'just knew' after a couple of weeks. 15 years and 3 kids later...

@rockstar - kudos for the Newcastle link! Know it well.

MsR wrote:

OH had already accepted a job in another city so our first year was spent commutiing, but we 'just knew' after a couple of weeks. 15 years and 3 kids later...

17 years... 15 married. Was never any good at maths...

Knight1119 [sign in to see picture]

We were introduced through a friend.

Wildfish1 [sign in to see picture]

School. We became friends then parted ways only to meet at her 18th birthday party.

For Your Eyes Only x [sign in to see picture]

I’d love to have an answer as lovely and interesting as some of these replies.... but I met my boyfriend through Tinder! Happy to be proof that online dating can and does work.

Ms. D [sign in to see picture]

I met my wife in high school. She was in a steady relationship with a girl from a different school, but we were freinds back then. Fast forward a few years and she used her brother's Classmates (dot) com account to find me and invite me over to help her wrap Christmas gifts for her family. We did mostly that, but there was a strong attraction. Before I left, I picked her up, layed her done on the couch got real close to her face and said "I gotta go now, see you soon" and left.

TOTAL TEASE, but it worked. I proposed to her over a year later when I came back home from being deployed to Iraq and we'll have been married for 14yrs this June.

EmmaC1989 [sign in to see picture]

Met my partner when I was 21 via a mutual friend. I had just finished college so had alot of time on my hands during that time, so we often spent alot of time together. We started off as friends first for about 6 months but I started to develop feelings for him within those few months. I hadn't had a good experience with men, I was either ignored because they saw my wheelchair instead of seeing me or I was butt of their jokes and bullied, so I assumed he wouldn't want anything else besides friendship and I never got the guts to ask or tell him.  One evening he asked if he could come over and I said yes, he arrived and came to my room as I planned to put some movies on etc we would often lay on the bed and watch tv or whatever. This night was different, he moved closer and kissed me, that kiss turned into cuddling, it was like he was testing the waters but in a good way. We ended up having sex that evening and I haven't looked back and been together ever since. I'm 31 now and he's never brought my disability up or made me feel uncomfortable about my body. Only time it has to be brought up is in the bedroom so positions can be altered, but our sex life is just as active, fun and kinky as any other couple and I wouldn't have it any other way <3

Maturecpl [sign in to see picture]

We have been together 38 years Married 35 years. We met at School at 11 yes old and have been friends since then. We didn't go out together until we were 20 and both sowed alot of wild oats between us before then. God I feel so old now reading this. 😘

BL140505 [sign in to see picture]

At university. Married for 15 years in May.

Oldman [sign in to see picture]

At work , where I promised myself to NEVER date anybody from work . But she drew me in with her long legs and nice ass (in tight jeans ) . I caved in and asked her out . Think we liked each other and were both divorced . That was almost 33 years ago .

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.