• How did you meet your Partner ?

geebee [sign in to see picture]

I met my partner at the local pub.
    My mate from years ago (I used to look after his son as a teenager) took over the pub and kept telling me I needed to come and see him.
    I'd just got out of a long and emotionally abusive relationship, my kids were with their dad and I thought I'll go and see A. I get to the pub, in a small village, where everyone knows everyone, the landlord isn't there. My cousin was a barmaid in the same pub, but it was her night off.
    Here I was a woman on my own, the only woman in the pub at this point. I get a drink and start chatting to the barman. A few of the regulars start talking to me, we put some music on.
    The door opens and in walks this gorgeous man. He sat with us at the table I'd made myself comfortable at. We started talking, then I went outside for a cigarette. I was cold so he gave me a cuddle, but kept putting his hand on the tattoo I'd had done that morning. I could tell he felt so bad hurting me. He told me he had just finished working at Silverstone for the British gp.
    We spoke about f1, then realised both our passions were moto gp, and British super bikes / world super bikes.
    He asked me to give him a lift home. We went back to his and had a cup of tea.
    I went home phoned a friend and made her come to the pub the next night with me.
    We went back and he was there again. We played pool, me and him against her and his mate. We won and I kissed him. Again we drove him home.
    I went back to my house and my mate and I disected every detail.
    On the Monday my mate came to my house and he was all I could talk about. I'd had a jack Daniels and coke, so couldn't drive and the kids were in bed, so she drove to his house, which was a laugh a second as neither of us could remember where exactly it was. She took my phone, and I was Googling the area, when bingo I know where to go. My mind was all over the place. I didn't think to ring my phone from my landlines to give her the address. Anyway she found him and gave him my number and put his number in my phone. He text almost immediately and wanted to talk. I couldn't wait to hear his voice so rang straight away.
    We've been together nearly 4 years, I moved into his house after we had a massive extension built.
    There are times I think wth, but with 7 kids living with us who wouldn't. The last few years have been amazing. He is the love of my life and I wouldn't change him for anything.
    As we grew we learnt, that so many times our paths had crossed. As a child I used to play outside his house. He was 19 and I was 5. We drank in the same social club, he worked where my dad took his work van for an mot and I used to go with dad everytime. But we were not meant to be until it happened as before then the age gap would have been an issue.
    Just writing our story gives me butterflies.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

geebee wrote:

I met my partner at the local pub.
    My mate from years ago (I used to look after his son as a teenager) took over the pub and kept telling me I needed to come and see him.
    I'd just got out of a long and emotionally abusive relationship, my kids were with their dad and I thought I'll go and see A. I get to the pub, in a small village, where everyone knows everyone, the landlord isn't there. My cousin was a barmaid in the same pub, but it was her night off.
    Here I was a woman on my own, the only woman in the pub at this point. I get a drink and start chatting to the barman. A few of the regulars start talking to me, we put some music on.
    The door opens and in walks this gorgeous man. He sat with us at the table I'd made myself comfortable at. We started talking, then I went outside for a cigarette. I was cold so he gave me a cuddle, but kept putting his hand on the tattoo I'd had done that morning. I could tell he felt so bad hurting me. He told me he had just finished working at Silverstone for the British gp.
    We spoke about f1, then realised both our passions were moto gp, and British super bikes / world super bikes.
    He asked me to give him a lift home. We went back to his and had a cup of tea.
    I went home phoned a friend and made her come to the pub the next night with me.
    We went back and he was there again. We played pool, me and him against her and his mate. We won and I kissed him. Again we drove him home.
    I went back to my house and my mate and I disected every detail.
    On the Monday my mate came to my house and he was all I could talk about. I'd had a jack Daniels and coke, so couldn't drive and the kids were in bed, so she drove to his house, which was a laugh a second as neither of us could remember where exactly it was. She took my phone, and I was Googling the area, when bingo I know where to go. My mind was all over the place. I didn't think to ring my phone from my landlines to give her the address. Anyway she found him and gave him my number and put his number in my phone. He text almost immediately and wanted to talk. I couldn't wait to hear his voice so rang straight away.
    We've been together nearly 4 years, I moved into his house after we had a massive extension built.
    There are times I think wth, but with 7 kids living with us who wouldn't. The last few years have been amazing. He is the love of my life and I wouldn't change him for anything.
    As we grew we learnt, that so many times our paths had crossed. As a child I used to play outside his house. He was 19 and I was 5. We drank in the same social club, he worked where my dad took his work van for an mot and I used to go with dad everytime. But we were not meant to be until it happened as before then the age gap would have been an issue.
    Just writing our story gives me butterflies.

It's the butterflies that let you know he is the right person. After 21 years of marriage I still get them when we go out and the Mrs looks her best. She's reverting back to being a blond this coming weekend and I cant wait.

Great story

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I first met him on the school bus but I didn't care much for him. He's a couple of years younger than me so his maturity was probably half the level of mine at that time. He just irritated me like all the boys did at that time.

5 years later our paths crossed again. I was at the pub with a friend for a flyer after work. We got our pay early so decided to make a night of it. I invited my friends and he invited his friends, one of which is my now husband. He had grown into a very handsome young man and was so sweet.

We saw each other every day after that and after a year he moved in. We still laugh about his crush on the rock chick on the bus who he acted a fool around and irritated the hell out of her over 17 years ago. Was meant to be.

Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

Me and captain met on an adult hook up site. I was not long out of a bad relationship and he was looking to have some fun as he was too socially clumsy to actually go out and meet someone. We lived 60 miles apart and it started as a bit of erotic emailing and then messaging. We soon moved passed any possibility of actually hooking up and had entered the friend zone. We talked every day. He was the first person I spoke to in the morning the last person I spoke to at night. We talked about anything and everything which at first was pretty hard as we actually had nothing in common. I think that something was drawing us together though because we couldn't go a day without talking. On October 2008 about 2 months after we forst started talking I took an overdose. I gave him plenty of chances to walk away he didn't. He got me through my first shift back at work and was there for me the entire time. In January 2009 I didn't hear from him all day and I thought he'd got bored of me. When he finally messaged me he told me he'd had a seizure and was in hospital. All I could think about was walking out of work and getting on a train to go to him. At the end of February we arranged to meet up just as friends and it felt like wed always known each other. That evening while listening to Evanescence he kissed me and stayed the night. 6 months later we were living together.

Bigtrak [sign in to see picture]

Went to an Easter Karaoke at a local pub. Saw her like a shining beacon. Asked her out...said yes and never looked back.

DJThunderGod [sign in to see picture]

We met virtually, on the forums on a Pagan site. She was encouraged to pursue me by a mutual friend. We actually met in real life a few months later (I'd never been so terrified in my entire life up to that point!). When I put her on the train to go back home (she lived several hundred miles from me), I cried like a toddler who'd lost their balloon. Sobs and everything. Not a pretty sight.

Anyway, that was 12 years ago. She still puts up with me!

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

I do think fate had a hand in Mr KB and I meeting as there are a few twists and turns to our story.
    On the night we met I was in a relationship but I knew it was coming to an end a few weeks before we met as my then boyfriend was a habit more than anything (I tried to break it off with him a few times, but he would get upset, I would weaken and we stayed together).

On the night I met Mr KB I was in a bar with my girlfriends from work, when I spotted an old school friend. We got chatting and I asked her who she was with. She pointed out Mr KB. I said oh he's nice, how long have you been going out together. She said oh we aren't together he is my brother. My heart was racing as he was devastatingly handsome. She said come and say hello, I did and I couldn't stop looking at him. I can't remember what conversation we had but my old school friend asked if I had a boyfriend and I said yes.

I retuned back to the girls I was out with and mentioned to them about my old school friend and her gorgeous brother. They laughed and said oh, he works at our workplace but in a different department. I could not believe it. We bumped into each other again later that evening after going to the same club and shared a few words but that was that.

A few weeks later (I finally split up with my bf) and we were all going to a social event from work. I ended up having nowhere to sit, so I sat on Mr KB's knee (my work friends made sure there was nowhere for me to sit). We ended up sharing a stolen kiss outside the venue and have been together ever since. My heart still races when I see him. We've had to work at it but we are more in love than ever. We have 3 grown up children and 2 smashing grandchildren and we will be celebrating 31 years of marriage this year. He rocks my world and is more sexy now than he has ever been. Everyone we meet says we were made for each other and all of the doubters, when we first met, can eat their words as we are the only couple to still be together.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

I do think fate had a hand in Mr KB and I meeting as there are a few twists and turns to our story.
    On the night we met I was in a relationship but I knew it was coming to an end a few weeks before we met as my then boyfriend was a habit more than anything (I tried to break it off with him a few times, but he would get upset, I would weaken and we stayed together).

On the night I met Mr KB I was in a bar with my girlfriends from work, when I spotted an old school friend. We got chatting and I asked her who she was with. She pointed out Mr KB. I said oh he's nice, how long have you been going out together. She said oh we aren't together he is my brother. My heart was racing as he was devastatingly handsome. She said come and say hello, I did and I couldn't stop looking at him. I can't remember what conversation we had but my old school friend asked if I had a boyfriend and I said yes.

I retuned back to the girls I was out with and mentioned to them about my old school friend and her gorgeous brother. They laughed and said oh, he works at our workplace but in a different department. I could not believe it. We bumped into each other again later that evening after going to the same club and shared a few words but that was that.

A few weeks later (I finally split up with my bf) and we were all going to a social event from work. I ended up having nowhere to sit, so I sat on Mr KB's knee (my work friends made sure there was nowhere for me to sit). We ended up sharing a stolen kiss outside the venue and have been together ever since. My heart still races when I see him. We've had to work at it but we are more in love than ever. We have 3 grown up children and 2 smashing grandchildren and we will be celebrating 31 years of marriage this year. He rocks my world and is more sexy now than he has ever been. Everyone we meet says we were made for each other and all of the doubters, when we first met, can eat their words as we are the only couple to still be together.

Fate plays an important part which suggests to me if that happens you were meant to be together and usually its a solid relationship. My own post which is the first on here tells my story and the chances of us being together on that night is very remote. More chances of winning the Lottery.

WillC [sign in to see picture]

We met doing an after school/Saturday job in a buthcher`s shop,we worked together for a year before we actually started dating,36 years after our first date we are still together!

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

Mysteron - yes I agree we are solid. You should by a lottery ticket and if you win we are sharing 😜

KirstyLee [sign in to see picture]

Wow some amazing stories on here !
    I met my other half at a Fall Out Boy concert in Edinburgh (they were both our fave band).

I was 15 at the time, he lived in Inverness and had travelled with friends to the concert, one of the friends I was going to the concert with had started talking to a girl online beforehand and had agreed to meet up while queing for the gig (we used to queue up hours before the show in hopes of meeting our favourite band members, looking back I've no idea how I had the patience but there was some good times had in those queues lol)

It just so happened that the girl my friend had arranged to meet up with was one of the friends that my now OH was going to the concert with!
    We didn't hit it off right away as he had a girlfriend at the time, in all honesty we didn't talk much at the show, at the end we all exchanged contact details and back in the day of MSN messenger, me and my OH started chatting more and more.

After a few years of long distance relationship he finally moved to be with me and since then we have now moved to Somerset, we will have been together 10 years in September.
    Being young and first proper relationship has definitely had its strains but we are learning together and hopefully that continues :)

Mr&MrsA75 [sign in to see picture]

At school! We are teenage sweethearts

SmokingHotLove [sign in to see picture]

Omg love these stories 💕

I was 15 and he was 17. Didn't even notice him at school at all! Was mates with a guy I went out with for a few months... any hoo! My best mate at the time was a guy, and this particular day came in for me to go out and muck around (as we did, was a proper tom boy). So I've answered the door, mid way through eating a trifle (very attractive, I know!) and he's stood there with this cuter than cute guy (my OH) and I was like WOW! Big brown eyes, very well dressed and smelt amazing! So, after rolling my tongue back in and smartening myself up (washing the cream of my face) off we went. He was painfully shy, and I'm the complete opposite lol. After a few times of being in his company (and proper fancying him) he came out of his shell and started being mean to me! This weirdly made me like him more 😳 My best mate decided to tell me HE had feelings for me, which was not good! Loved him, as friends only. Then his mate (who I was now smitten with) kept up the banter (made me laugh) and asked me if I liked, liked my best mate.... HELL NO was obviously the answer. We started getting closer and closer (seemed like forever)! Mutual closeness, could feel a chemistry between us. He invited me to his house and asked if I wanted a coffee... I said yes and he proceeded to come through with a tray, cup, coffee, sugar, milk the works... after I'd finished laughing he made me my coffee! Sheepishly sat next to me in his room on his sofa bed and then he kissed me.... My legs were like jelly, had butterflies so bad and my heart was racing like 1000 miles an hour! I was in love ❤️

Its not been plain sailing, and we have have overcome so many obstacles, but we are still together after 25 yrs and married for 13. We have a son who's our world and a little miracle, and i love and am so in love with him more now than I have ever been. The fact that I am so attracted to him and still get butterflies.... I am a very lucky lady and I make sure to tell him everyday. He's my soul mate, best friend, companion and father of our son and I have so much respect for this man that I sometimes cannot believe my luck. I can confide in him and trust he will always tell me the truth whatever I ask him.

#blessed #luckylady #fitslikeaglove #soulmate #partnerforlife #somuchlove

goldenoldie [sign in to see picture]

At a university dance 53 years ago.

glitterismyfavouritecolour [sign in to see picture]

my OH and i met online, about 2 years ago via webcam, here is probably the only place id tell! we both kinda dont know what to say if anyone asks how me met... i really liked him immediately, massive crush, we met irl after about 6 months of skype and whatsapp (we're long distance at the mo) and by then I knew id met someone really special, he gives me butterflies and i hate being apart from him, its been really hard with the distance, but hes amazing . i cant wait for the day i have a one way ticket in my hand.

Browncoats [sign in to see picture]

glitterismyfavouritecolour wrote:

my OH and i met online, about 2 years ago via webcam, here is probably the only place id tell! we both kinda dont know what to say if anyone asks how me met... i really liked him immediately, massive crush, we met irl after about 6 months of skype and whatsapp (we're long distance at the mo) and by then I knew id met someone really special, he gives me butterflies and i hate being apart from him, its been really hard with the distance, but hes amazing . i cant wait for the day i have a one way ticket in my hand.

Its an amazing feeling glitterismyfavouritecolour I hope you get to feel it soon. Me and captain were long distance for 9 months and we knew we had to do something because it was getting harder to day goodbye.

afrodan [sign in to see picture]

glitterismyfavouritecolour wrote:

I met my OH online too in a web chat room. I wasn't expecting to find love, but we clicked and really connected on so many levels. Now we're serious and making long distance work as best we can. She's the best thing that's happened to me.

dem1 [sign in to see picture]

I met my boyfriend through a NSFW Kink Tumblr that I have. We didn't intend to become an item as it would have been long distance, but now I've moved to live with him.

When people ask and I say online, I always have to say it was through Instagram or something, embarrassing!

Yes man [sign in to see picture]

Really boring answer, down the pub 25 years ago, been married 20 years this year!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.