• Profile Ideas: Guestbook + Viewer Count + Last Log in

Imogen Arie [sign in to see picture]

innocent-fun wrote:

I did previously think a private chat functionality would have been good, but reading the views/reasons against this, I've since changed my mind. Sure on occasion it would be nice to send someone a private message, probably more so you know that they will see it, but I wouldn't want it open to abuse (which would happen) and I wouldn't want the forums to suffer, it's a good community.

I don't like a profile guestroom or view counter, just my personal opinion, I'm quite happy with the profiles as they are.

But i do like the idea of a notification for some things.

Thanks for the feedback! If they did bring in a notification feature, what type of notifications would you like? For when you've been qouted or if a friends online? both?

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

I'm trying to ascertain exactly why you would want to receive feedback on ideas that you have been told that have no relevance on this forum? What are you actually hoping to achieve? I'm not trying to be shady, i'm just trying to understand.

The Forum is only a small part of what Lovehoney do - their technical teams have far more important things to worry about than implementing what are, in essence, useless features. I don't know why anyone would want to know how many times their profile has been viewed - it's not like it's a dating profile - just because you want to know people are reading your reviews - i'm not sure that's a good enough reason to put the functionality in place.

Secondly, the 'guestbook/comments' would never happen - it takes a lot of time and effort to moderate the forum and photos, let alone to then have to moderate additional comments that people are posting elsewhere - self-moderation won't work because you will have people who will abuse it (just like they did with the chat system). The forum is designed to be OPEN to all - and that's why all chat/comments/feedback goes through the main board.

Also, last login etc again is a little redundant - again - what is the point? Not everyone is active on the community, and that could be taken advantage off (cyber-stalking is a real issue).

You posted this on an open forum and you requested feedback - you have it. Just because someone didn't agree with what you suggested, doesn't make their 'feedback' any less valuable than anyone elses.

Yet again, if you can explain what you expect to achieve from getting this 'feedback' - it might help me understand.

DavidB1986 wrote:

I'm trying to ascertain exactly why you would want to receive feedback on ideas that you have been told that have no relevance on this forum? What are you actually hoping to achieve? I'm not trying to be shady, i'm just trying to understand.

Think you missed the entire concept of what an 'idea' is then lovely.

All feedback is welcome, keeps my thread bumped up for more people to see and comment. :)

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Imogen Arie wrote:

DavidB1986 wrote:

And you have missed the entire concept of open discussion. Seriously, you're only thanking people who agree with your idea and being argumentitive and petty towards those who don't. This is not how this forum works.

Imogen Arie wrote:

DavidB1986 wrote:

All feedback is welcome, keeps my thread bumped up for more people to see and comment. :)

And you missed the point entirely - what is the point of discussing 'ideas' that are NEVER going to come to fruition?

- Cazz [sign in to see picture]

DavidB1986 wrote:

The Forum is only a small part of what Lovehoney do - their technical teams have far more important things to worry about than implementing what are, in essence, useless features. I don't know why anyone would want to know how many times their profile has been viewed - it's not like it's a dating profile - just because you want to know people are reading your reviews - i'm not sure that's a good enough reason to put the functionality in place.

Secondly, the 'guestbook/comments' would never happen - it takes a lot of time and effort to moderate the forum and photos, let alone to then have to moderate additional comments that people are posting elsewhere - self-moderation won't work because you will have people who will abuse it (just like they did with the chat system). The forum is designed to be OPEN to all - and that's why all chat/comments/feedback goes through the main board.

Also, last login etc again is a little redundant - again - what is the point? Not everyone is active on the community, and that could be taken advantage off (cyber-stalking is a real issue).

You posted this on an open forum and you requested feedback - you have it. Just because someone didn't agree with what you suggested, doesn't make their 'feedback' any less valuable than anyone elses.

Yet again, if you can explain what you expect to achieve from getting this 'feedback' - it might help me understand.

*Curtseys at David* 

Thank you for explaining this and very well may I add.

macspants [sign in to see picture]

kinkyman wrote:

*Stands well back and lets the ladies get on with it* .....any man worth his salt , knows that arguing women are to be avoided ....at all costs

Surely Kinkyman this does not apply if the badger dress code is adhered to. I am willing to acquiesce on the paddling pool... But it might get messy.

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

DavidB1986 wrote:

*Curtseys at David*

Thank you for explaining this and very well may I add.

Looking good today, Tink :D

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

I agree that it would put people off. Even saying that you can approve messages still means you see them and once youve seen something you cant unsee it! The bullying aspect aside, even compliments arent always welcome.

Someone whos happily married might not appreciate being sent messages of a sexual nature and could lead to people leaving the community because they dont feel comfortable with it.

Profile views and such just seems like a pointless popularity contest.

Theres a reason these things arent here. I think the removal of the "sexy messages" sent with secret gifts speaks volumes. Obviously that was getting out of hand so was removed, just as the chat function was.

Theres no reason to change the forum as it works perfectly well as it does!

^ guestbook/profile views is off the table for the majority.

If anybody is intererested in a notification system any feedback on what type of notifications you would like to have? obviously with the ability to turn it off.

slinkykinky [sign in to see picture]

Just out of interest, are you researching for another project? If so, I'm sure people would be more open to giving their opinions on that if you wanted them. It's clear that Lovehoney aren't going to change the way things are done on here so there seems little point discussing it.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

slinkykinky wrote:

Just out of interest, are you researching for another project? If so, I'm sure people would be more open to giving their opions on that if you wanted them. It's clear that Lovehoney aren't going to change the way things are done on here so there seems little sense discussing it.

I was wondering the same thing...

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

slinkykinky wrote:

Just out of interest, are you researching for another project? If so, I'm sure people would be more open to giving their opions on that if you wanted them. It's clear that Lovehoney aren't going to change the way things are done on here so there seems little sense discussing it.

I was wondering the same thing...

I didn't want to say anything but...exactly what I was thinking. Why I avoided commenting, I don't want to be part of some research project on here without consenting to it first.

Skitty [sign in to see picture]

I think people would also be more willing to discuss these things if it was for somewhere else, as obviously people on the forums have quite a lot of investment in the things as they are - the ones of us who hang around the forums are probably the people who like things here the way they are.

Holding a discussion on changing it when it's not going to get changed feels kind of... fruitless... just for the sake of having the discussion. I think people are maybe a little exasperated because it feels a lot like you're not listening to people explaining why it might not be a good idea, or even if it was a good idea for some people, because of practical moderating reasons it still isn't going to happen, since you're still asking for more feedback on ideas that probably really aren't going to be implemented here. All assuming that this is still for LH, of course.

I think in some ways maybe this thread just rubs people the wrong way because there are other threads already available for making suggestions about how the site works, and people have given a lot of feedback already on this and with the content of this thread asking for feedback it feels more like the sort of thread that a LH staff member would start since they'd have the practical measures in place to actually change things based on the feedback.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

I don't like change either - lol - and I think the forums are perfect as they are :) xx

slinkykinky wrote:

Just out of interest, are you researching for another project? If so, I'm sure people would be more open to giving their opinions on that if you wanted them. It's clear that Lovehoney aren't going to change the way things are done on here so there seems little point discussing it.

whaat? I don't know the first thing about business I'm a pharmaceutics students. you can be rest assured I'm not doing any research. I was very curious to why the forums/profiles were so restricted but after reading some useful comments I understand now. Also I asummed because my thread wasnt closed that that was lovehoney staff hinting the notification aspect were still open for discussion. #

Looool sorry that's made me laugh no I'm not a researcher folks!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.