£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Giving advice

    1427294863
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3207
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    Is giving advice something you succeed at? Does it just come natural? I must admit, it's one thing I fail miserably at. I'm much more of a listener and a keeper of secrets.

    Just feel a bit crap as I can't use these forums how a lot of the regular posters do, by helping others and giving advice.

    1427295192
    LadyS [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 915
    • Joined: 4 Jul 2012

    I don't think I'm great at giving advice, but I do it anyway, lol. I figure that so long as I'm sensitive and don't pretend to know it all, then just sharing my thoughts on the topic might be of some help somewhere and even if it's not then at least it's another voice of support.

    Don't feel crap though, I have seen you offer support and give you good wishes to people and stuff, and sometimes that is just as well needed as advice.

    xxx

    1427295514
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3207
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    I just never know what to say to people at all, it's easier over the internet as I'm not face to face with anyone, but 2 friends have recently fallen out with each other and I didn't have a clue what to say, especially as I didn't want to side with anyone.

    It's something that has got me down for years, just feel nobody can appreciate me for anything.

    1427295800
    LadyS [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 915
    • Joined: 4 Jul 2012

    Aw hun, I'm sure are appreciated for lots of things *big hugs*

    I'm far less helpful in real life, lol, much better when I can sit an type my thoguhts out.

    Sitting and listening can be a really valuable thing though, sometimes people just need to talk. I've been through loads this last year, and actually 9/10 times I didn't want advice, I just needed to verbalise my thoughts so they weren't stuck in my head. So friends had to just be patient while i rambled.

    Also being able to keep secrets is a very good thing, knowing you can trust someone with something and they won't discuss elsewhere is a great thing to have x

    1427296173
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3207
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    Thanks for your input LadyS and hugs right back at ya. Feel a bit better already

    1427296405
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6273
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    I totally agree with LadyS, being a good listener and your friends being able to trust you to keep secrets is a huge thing in my book. You sound like you are a very good friend to have, please don't feel crap about anything, you come across on the forums as such a lovely person :D xx

    1427296736
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3207
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    Scorpius12 wrote:

    I totally agree with LadyS, being a good listener and your friends being able to trust you to keep secrets is a huge thing in my book. You sound like you are a very good friend to have, please don't feel crap about anything, you come across on the forums as such a lovely person :D xx

    Do I really sound a lovely person? I struggle to get my personality across, which is the best part of me, I'm such a funny, mad woman, with quite a dry sense of humour, but I just lurk on the bloomin' game threads

    Need to make more of an effort I reckon!

    1427297078
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6273
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    Purring-Pussy wrote:

    Scorpius12 wrote:

    I totally agree with LadyS, being a good listener and your friends being able to trust you to keep secrets is a huge thing in my book. You sound like you are a very good friend to have, please don't feel crap about anything, you come across on the forums as such a lovely person :D xx

    Do I really sound a lovely person? I struggle to get my personality across, which is the best part of me, I'm such a funny, mad woman, with quite a dry sense of humour, but I just lurk on the bloomin' game threads

    Need to make more of an effort I reckon!

    Don't you worry Sweetie, your personality does come across really well, and yes you do sound lovely :D xx

    1427297080
    fantasia fairy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1049
    • Joined: 20 Oct 2014

    Purring-Pussy, you are on my 'to gift' list (yes i actually have such a thing) so you cant be doing that bad! You helped me out alot over th past week although i do have to second what everyone else said that sometimes you need just someone to listen more than you do help. :)

    1427297669
    AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1647
    • Joined: 9 Oct 2012

    Listening allows people to work through problems and help themselves. Active listening is an important communication skill where you respond to cues and prompt people where needed.
    Don't underestimate how helpful listening can be!

    1427297923
    LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2026
    • Joined: 21 Mar 2013

    Purring-Pussy wrote:

    Is giving advice something you succeed at? Does it just come natural? I must admit, it's one thing I fail miserably at. I'm much more of a listener and a keeper of secrets.

    Just feel a bit crap as I can't use these forums how a lot of the regular posters do, by helping others and giving advice.

    I feel exactly this, and when I feel I can contribute I struggle to find the correct way of explaining it by text.. but you know what... I feel being a good listener and being able to keep a secret work just as well too.. :)) you have always come across as a genuine and lovely person.. So I wouldn't stress lovely, I think u are doing just fine xxx
    1427297972
    GlamRockChick [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 461
    • Joined: 24 May 2012

    Purring-Pussy wrote:

    Scorpius12 wrote:

    I totally agree with LadyS, being a good listener and your friends being able to trust you to keep secrets is a huge thing in my book. You sound like you are a very good friend to have, please don't feel crap about anything, you come across on the forums as such a lovely person :D xx

    Do I really sound a lovely person? I struggle to get my personality across, which is the best part of me, I'm such a funny, mad woman, with quite a dry sense of humour, but I just lurk on the bloomin' game threads

    Need to make more of an effort I reckon!

    Have to totally agree with the others. I've always loved reading your posts and find them very thoughtful and entertaining. I'm as delighted to have you as a friend on here as I'm certain I would be knowing you in real life! Actually, that goes for all of my forum friends, to be honest. This is the loveliest bunch of people I've ever met!
    1427298055
    GlamRockChick [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 461
    • Joined: 24 May 2012

    LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

    Purring-Pussy wrote:

    Is giving advice something you succeed at? Does it just come natural? I must admit, it's one thing I fail miserably at. I'm much more of a listener and a keeper of secrets.

    Just feel a bit crap as I can't use these forums how a lot of the regular posters do, by helping others and giving advice.

    I feel exactly this, and when I feel I can contribute I struggle to find the correct way of explaining it by text..
    Same as I said to Purring Pussy, always enjoy your posts too, LSB!
    1427298065
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3207
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    MissBrownEyes92 wrote:

    Purring-Pussy, you are on my 'to gift' list (yes i actually have such a thing) so you cant be doing that bad! You helped me out alot over th past week although i do have to second what everyone else said that sometimes you need just someone to listen more than you do help. :)

    Mega blushes! No need to gift me, I was no where near as helpful as others, I merely agreed with everyone else as I got to your posts late. Mwaaah

    1427298115
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3207
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    Now I'm feeling overly embarrassed and attention seeking.

    Thank you all for your input and kind words x

    1427298164
    LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2026
    • Joined: 21 Mar 2013

    Purring-Pussy wrote:

    Now I'm feeling overly embarrassed and attention seeking.

    Thank you all for your input and kind words x

    No hun.... Ur post didn't come across that way at all x
    1427298248
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6273
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

    Purring-Pussy wrote:

    Now I'm feeling overly embarrassed and attention seeking.

    Thank you all for your input and kind words x

    No hun.... Ur post didn't come across that way at all x

    +1 xx

    1427298273
    LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2026
    • Joined: 21 Mar 2013

    Pp, I was in the middle of update be my typos lol you'll have to ignore the ones I missed lol bahaha me and texting = epic mess... Big hugs anyway hun xxx

    1427298761
    Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3207
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2012

    thanks guys xx

    1427298765
    capricorn13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1621
    • Joined: 25 Aug 2013

    PP I really enjoy your posts and your wit and humour comes across when we are sparring on a games thread.

    I do know how you feel though about advice. I often spend ages writing a considered reply to a thread only to find that 5 people have posted in the meantime, all phrasing things much better than I have done. I often think " Why couldn't I put it as clearly as that". I guess we are all different and that it was makes life interesting.

    Hope you feel a bit more positive x

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.