• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Learn something new everyday...

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

chipNroll wrote:

xxxxchelzsxxxx wrote:

I have learnt from this thread that maybe its too early to put my decorations up?? x

Yes! I heard the DFS advert talking about Christmas earlier and was horrified

We put the christmas decorations up on the 12th and take them down on the 28th or 29th

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

chipNroll wrote:

xxxxchelzsxxxx wrote:

I have learnt from this thread that maybe its too early to put my decorations up?? x

Yes! I heard the DFS advert talking about Christmas earlier and was horrified

We put the christmas decorations up on the 12th and take them down on the 28th or 29th

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

chipNroll wrote:

It just said 'Christmas', that was enough.

We usually put ours up in the last few days of November. To get our money's worth:P

This year has gone so fast!

We have to wait until after my mum's birthday which is the 12th. Then they come down 12 days after xmas. I like to save them because it makes xmas more special and different!

I have already started xmas shopping though but that's due to needing to shop on a budget.

I learnt (well was reminded) today that vaccinations don't half leave your arm numb for a day or two!

Adx

CurlyCoupleWife [sign in to see picture]

Today I learnt that apple sauce is really easy to make! Mmmmmm roast pork & apple sauce!

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

I was in a shop the other day and they were playing Christmas songs. Felt a bit weird as I was standing next to their massive Halloween section.

Ecksvie wrote:

I was in a shop the other day and they were playing Christmas songs. Felt a bit weird as I was standing next to their massive Halloween section.

Now xmas songs is a different matter - I could listen to those all year round! I love xmas songs!

Adx

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

Now xmas songs is a different matter - I could listen to those all year round! I love xmas songs!

Adx

*shudders*

Wicked Willy [sign in to see picture]

Ecksvie wrote:

I was in India not so long ago and they were playing Christmas songs but without the words in the hotel. India is 97% Hindu...

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Wicked Willy wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

I was in India not so long ago and they were playing Christmas songs but without the words in the hotel. India is 97% Hindu...

It is odd but the former Portuguese parts are about a quarter Christian. Christianity, good ol' colonial export ey?

Alphena [sign in to see picture]

heres a recipie for a Love potion

1 - Cognac Love Potion

This is an old recipe that http://somethinbeautiful.blogspot.com/2008/06/top-10-things-to-know-on-your-first.htmls back to antiquity and it tastes great. It is known to unchain mad and unbridled passions and will whip the laziest of lovers into a tiger. A word of caution, not too much or else you will have a drowsy and sleepy tiger as opposed to a ravenously aroused sexual partner.

* 1/2 Liter of Dry White Wine
    * 1/2 Liter of Cognac (or enough to fill a glass of Cognac)
    * 30g of Cinnamon Sticks
    * 1 Sprig of Vanilla
    * 30g of Grated Ginger
    * 50g of Maple Syrup
    * 2 Quail Eggs
    * Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
    * Try This http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/latest/organic-wine-460708

Prepare ahead by soaking cinnamon, vanilla and ginger in white wine for 48 hours.
    Filter the mixture and then add maple syrup, quail eggs, cognac and nutmeg. Beat all ingredients together, let the mixture rest a few minutes, serve in a cognac glass. The quail eggs have a subdued and lighter taste than chicken eggs and are high in protein and amino fatty acids, which gives this concoction, the added benefit of nourishing you and keeping you alert.

xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]

CnR i just saw the DFS ad!! and im filled with joy!!

I learnt christmas music never gets old :) x

Today, I learnt that shin splints basically are just a generic name for pain of the shins!

I googled it because my shins hurt and my dad said "it'll be shin splints - they're just growing pains" (funny how my "growing" pains started the day after a long day of shopping when I have a chronic pain condition).

Turns out they *are* shin splints, which in my case are caused by tendonitits...I didn't learn that last bit, I just get tendonitis enough to know what it is.

I wouldn't have googled it if it weren't the automatic response for people every time "shin" and "pain" are used in the same sentence. For once, the general "assumption" is actually correct - if only accidentally.

Adxx

LittleMiss1981UK [sign in to see picture]

I think putting Muttering in the Urban Dictionary will teach peiople something new lol

Last night I learnt some people are beyond help. My trusty tool reason just doesn't work on some psychopaths!

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

I learned that Milton Keynes is a not named after Milton, or Keynes.

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

A dyke is a word for three things Violetseyes. A dry stone wall, a ditch, and the volcanic formation.

Yay for the efficeincy of language. =P Everyones right!

Pixieking wrote:

A dyke is a word for three things Violetseyes. A dry stone wall, a ditch, and the volcanic formation.

I didn't know the wall one.

Who the fuck gives the same name to a wall and a ditch!

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

i learned that the the world is meant to end on the 22nrd of the 12th 2012, no need to start saving next jan for xmas 2012 then?

lol

Dxx

Inara14 [sign in to see picture]

diamonds wrote:

i learned that the the world is meant to end on the 22nrd of the 12th 2012, no need to start saving next jan for xmas 2012 then?

lol

Dxx

This is actually a big misunderstanding! It was because they ended their calendar then - it wasnt because they necessarilly predicted the end of the world....

Big conspiracy theory really....

boobaloo [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Pixieking wrote:

I didn't know the wall one.

Who the fuck gives the same name to a wall and a ditch!

this made me chuckle, you have a good point though WandA

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.