• Foreplay for the tired

Salvadore [sign in to see picture]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome

Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]

Salvadore wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome

Oooh, thank you, that was interesting and useful, I appreciate that. :)

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Lubyanka - a belated thank you for your interest in this topic! I personally really appreciate people who are willing to learn about things like this, there is an incredible prejudice that surrounds any chronic fatigue/chronic pain condition and it is good when there are people who are interested in learning about things that are widely misunderstood. I would be interested to understand your experience of fatigue? But I appreciate if it is too personal to discuss.

Ax

Lubyanka [sign in to see picture]

AdnaW wrote:

Lubyanka - a belated thank you for your interest in this topic! I personally really appreciate people who are willing to learn about things like this, there is an incredible prejudice that surrounds any chronic fatigue/chronic pain condition and it is good when there are people who are interested in learning about things that are widely misunderstood. I would be interested to understand your experience of fatigue? But I appreciate if it is too personal to discuss.

You're very welcome! If you hadn't noticed, I'm a bit of an information monger, I eat information up like, um, a really eaty uppy thing. :p

Besides, my advice about the caffeine could have been really harmful and I was really pleased you stepped in and saved the day. Plus that means the next time I talk about caffeine, I can add the caveat of if there is no pre-existing condition which caffeine could aggravate, and to go to the doctor first and get checked out and so on. So you've helped make that part of my advice a whole lot better. :)

If you like you could start a thread about illness and sex, that might be good, if you want to. But in brief, I had glandular fever for 4 and a half years in my early to mid 20's. I thought I was never going to feel young or energetic again. And since 2002 I've been recovering from a spinal thing which causes a lot of pain, which itself is pretty exhausting. I take stuff for it but it never really goes away completely. Some days are better than others.

I like the spoon theory way of describing it to people, if you've ever come across that:

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/the_spoon_theory/

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Lubyanka wrote:

If you like you could start a thread about illness and sex, that might be good, if you want to.

This is a good idea, I just might do that when I have some time (busy week this week hence few postings and slow replies).

I thought I was never going to feel young or energetic again.

I understand this feeling! It's not fun at 19 to realise you have the energy of an 80 year old!

And since 2002 I've been recovering from a spinal thing which causes a lot of pain, which itself is pretty exhausting. I take stuff for it but it never really goes away completely. Some days are better than others.

I sympathise, I have this issue with my joints (unfortunately all of them!) and chronic pain is never enjoyable and it really takes it out of you! In my experience back pain is the worst type of skeletal/muscle pain, I don't get it that often luckily, but when I do I turn into a child, I just can't cope with a painful back!

The spoon theory is a brilliant way to look at it, I have come across it before and I love it, people don't understand fatigue until they have really felt it so it's a good way of helping the people close to you to understand what things you have to consider on a daily basis.

I have real respect for anyone who can say "oh I didn't know that, thank you" when you correct them on something so I appreciate you taking that response, I never had the intention of undermining your post and I'm glad it wasn't taken that way! My post was out of concern for the original poster and if I educated you as a byproduct of that then that can only be a good thing :)

I will start an illness and sex thread at some point in the near future, it seems a few people on the forums have problems they have to deal with on a daily basis and it would be nice for everyone to get an insight into what can cause difficulties, how people work around those difficulties and give hope to people who are just coming to terms with new difficulties :)

Ax

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.