FREE 1 Day Delivery - Spend £50 and 24-hour tracked delivery is FREE
  1. Can you be friends with your ex?

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Personally, I've never been able to be friends with an ex. I'm on civil terms with one, and don't speak to any of the rest of them. For me, there are just too many feelings involved, too much history to forget. Easier to just have a clean break.

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

In my case....... NO! lol

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

I do think that its hard at time because of as shelly said, shared feelings and history. Its hard not to remember stuff when you see them.

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

I'm friends with one of mine, and not the other (although the latter still talks to me - rather she didn't!)

[suspended user]

suspended user

sometimes you have to say fuck it life's to short ..but then if it was painfull it takes time beleive me

[suspended user]

suspended user

perhaps she's jealous that you have moved on and she can't or perhaps she can't forgive herself for being such a prat ..who knows the mind is fickle when it comes to finished relationships it took me a long time with my last woman in the end i just put her out of my mind ..moving away always helps too...

*Emma* [sign in to see picture]

Personally no, i couldnt and havent. Once a relationship is over i cut all ties and move onwards. Everyone works differently though so see how it makes you feel and go with that x

BabyH [sign in to see picture]

It definately depends how the relationship ended. In my experience, he tried his hardest being nice and trying to stay friends but the second I met someone else he turned nasty and now has nothing to do with me. This does not bother me in the slightest. I'd rather ex's stayed in the past where they belong.

UBM4 [sign in to see picture]

Good hint well made there dear. I too wish she'd fuck off. She's got her money now, hopefully she will disappear.

sookie101 [sign in to see picture]

i went out with my ex for 3 years he was me first love and first sexual partner we have been split up over 2 years ago and now he is my best friend we are both in commited long term relationships and go on double dates with eachother and it doesnt feel weird at all

titania [sign in to see picture]

I remember coming across a saying along the lines of "All things end badly, otherwise they wouldn't end". Obviously its not universally applicable (holidays, university?) but I think it is to my previous relationships.

I did try to stay friends with one ex where it ended amicably (long distance). In the end we got back together and ended un-amicably! We are still in touch via a very occasional email (years rathe than weeks or months) but now its more acquaintances than friends. So, for me, the answer is no.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

sookie101 wrote:

i went out with my ex for 3 years he was me first love and first sexual partner we have been split up over 2 years ago and now he is my best friend we are both in commited long term relationships and go on double dates with eachother and it doesnt feel weird at all

Thats really suprisng but well done!

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

Gaahhh!

Someone pull me away from this thread for fuck sake!

SG x

Phew!

occhiverdi [sign in to see picture]

In my opinion no... my ex and I do talk, we split up about 3 years ago by my choice. We talk but end up fighting as we know how to annoy each other. He's not been in touch with me for about 6 months now and I am glad that is the case.

So in my opinion no... but to be honest i think it depends on how it ended, how you are as a person and I am sure some people can just become friends and plod along nicely if you bump into them in their social circle.

Mistress D [sign in to see picture]

No im sorry, i so wish i could, but no.

LuciousLips [sign in to see picture]

Not particularly,but both our ex partners have contact due to children,so we kind of rub along really without any agg,it's ok.

healerwhore [sign in to see picture]

Yeah am friends with a few of my exes. No probs for me. No hard feelings...not for me anyway

maccess [sign in to see picture]

no no and no again, they just think they can get you back.....

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

At first - I was a friend to my ex - even made a birthday cake for him once and a friend of his made a joke: "Oh, it is made by your ex - I am so not eating it! She would poison you!", lol.

And now - although he has a girlfriend, I am married, everyone has their own life - well, I don't feel like meeting with him anymore. I am not calling him, he is not calling me. But I don't have anything against him. I believe that our paths just split.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I am friends with both ex, but not really that close, but we do meet each other for a coffee and talk and there is no hard feeling. Plus me and one are in similar academic discipline and it is likely that we will run into each other, so better be nice than with hard feelings. But it took some time and for a while we did not talk. I never thought of getting them back, as I know it would not work. Surprisingly enough took them more time to get over me than me over them. Which was funny, considering he left because of another woman.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.