£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Get it all out thread. Warning Rants will be had! PLEASE READ PAGE 1

    1519906879
    Mr Pheebs [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3906
    • Joined: 12 Jun 2016

    KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

    Thank you both, I don’t like to talk about my problems too much but I am feeling low tonight so have pulled out more lashes, argh.

    Huggage!

    1519907870
    Covered in bees [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 886
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2011

    Sending hugs to you KMM and hoping you're feeling brighter today. Xx

    Also sending a massive thumbs up to MrPheebs - that's such good news about the medication! I hope it means a big change for you with managing the migraines in the future. Xx

    1519908597
    Tazzy84red [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1008
    • Joined: 18 Aug 2017

    Mr Pheebs wrote:

    So I need to share something..

    Since I was a very young child I have been plagued with Migraine that cause the weirdest sensory ‘faults’ for want of a better word and the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I once broke my arm and my ankle and went to sleep the numbness off because the pain was tolerable and didn’t compare to these migraines. I also nearly died of pneumonia which was not treated in time and again the pain in my lungs was bad but didn’t compare.

    I thought I had grown out of them but over the past year or three I have been experiencing random sensory changes with smell and taste and have experienced what I can only explain as right sided facial and cerebral electrocution along my face for days at a time that have been crippling.

    I have been getting my sinuses checked out because of this pain but after getting rid of a long term sinus infection I was still experiencing the pain. I had a CT scan and was told the pain was not my sinuses. I was referred onto a neurologist. I was diagnosed with a rare form of migraine and was given medication to take on point of pain.

    Today my head fired up so I took a pill. The pain went away! I have never had a migraine that has not crippled me for at least 24 hours, usually 48 hours sometimes even 96 but I can’t begin to explain how profound this is for me.

    I have been ill so many times for such a long time (since I was 3 or 4 years of age) with this that I actually feel like crying with joy, which I haven’t done since my children were born. In the past 3 months I have been ill with migraine for 21 days . I just wanted to share this with you all. I know these pills won’t work every time but I’m hoping I can start getting my life back in order.

    Night Night, I hope you’re all ok X

    Have you ever tried Reflexology or reiki both are ment to be amazing at healing migraines. I've a friem who has suffered severe migraines since a child and she has reflexology once every two months and there's help to keep it at Bay. Also I know there's some really good magnetic bracelets you can wear to help ease the pain is well. Pleased the tablets are working for you. Big hugs
    1519917040
    wildflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6111
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2013

    Mr Pheebs wrote:

    So I need to share something..

    Since I was a very young child I have been plagued with Migraine that cause the weirdest sensory ‘faults’ for want of a better word and the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I once broke my arm and my ankle and went to sleep the numbness off because the pain was tolerable and didn’t compare to these migraines. I also nearly died of pneumonia which was not treated in time and again the pain in my lungs was bad but didn’t compare.

    I thought I had grown out of them but over the past year or three I have been experiencing random sensory changes with smell and taste and have experienced what I can only explain as right sided facial and cerebral electrocution along my face for days at a time that have been crippling.

    I have been getting my sinuses checked out because of this pain but after getting rid of a long term sinus infection I was still experiencing the pain. I had a CT scan and was told the pain was not my sinuses. I was referred onto a neurologist. I was diagnosed with a rare form of migraine and was given medication to take on point of pain.

    Today my head fired up so I took a pill. The pain went away! I have never had a migraine that has not crippled me for at least 24 hours, usually 48 hours sometimes even 96 but I can’t begin to explain how profound this is for me.

    I have been ill so many times for such a long time (since I was 3 or 4 years of age) with this that I actually feel like crying with joy, which I haven’t done since my children were born. In the past 3 months I have been ill with migraine for 21 days . I just wanted to share this with you all. I know these pills won’t work every time but I’m hoping I can start getting my life back in order.

    Night Night, I hope you’re all ok X

    As a fellow migraine sufferer I'm so pleased that you've finally got some medication that works! I wish you continued success with it x

    1519920509
    KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7118
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2013

    Thank you LittleMugs, Mr Pheebs and Covered in Bees, it means a lot just seeing your comments so really, thank you. Although I had a bit of a rough night, I do feel better today :)

    Keep safe and warm everyone x

    1519932310
    Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7032
    • Joined: 30 Mar 2015

    I'm sorry to hear of your problems mr Pheebs and I'm pleased to hear you might have now located a way to control the problem. Hopefully this will bring you much needed relief

    1519933857
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6394
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    Scorpius12 wrote:

    Mr Pheebs wrote:

    So I need to share something..

    Since I was a very young child I have been plagued with Migraine that cause the weirdest sensory ‘faults’ for want of a better word and the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I once broke my arm and my ankle and went to sleep the numbness off because the pain was tolerable and didn’t compare to these migraines. I also nearly died of pneumonia which was not treated in time and again the pain in my lungs was bad but didn’t compare.

    I thought I had grown out of them but over the past year or three I have been experiencing random sensory changes with smell and taste and have experienced what I can only explain as right sided facial and cerebral electrocution along my face for days at a time that have been crippling.

    I have been getting my sinuses checked out because of this pain but after getting rid of a long term sinus infection I was still experiencing the pain. I had a CT scan and was told the pain was not my sinuses. I was referred onto a neurologist. I was diagnosed with a rare form of migraine and was given medication to take on point of pain.

    Today my head fired up so I took a pill. The pain went away! I have never had a migraine that has not crippled me for at least 24 hours, usually 48 hours sometimes even 96 but I can’t begin to explain how profound this is for me.

    I have been ill so many times for such a long time (since I was 3 or 4 years of age) with this that I actually feel like crying with joy, which I haven’t done since my children were born. In the past 3 months I have been ill with migraine for 21 days . I just wanted to share this with you all. I know these pills won’t work every time but I’m hoping I can start getting my life back in order.

    Night Night, I hope you’re all ok X

    I'm so pleased that you have managed to find some relief at last, and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that this continues to help you xx

    Also, I wondered if you have ever considered Kinesiology? I go a couple of times a year, and find it really helps to discover any imbalances in the body, and to help to heal any issues naturally x

    1519978946
    Salina D. [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 27
    • Joined: 1 May 2017

    Mr Pheebs, I can so relate: getting meds that work feels miraculous. Congratulations!

    My migraines have never been really bad, but my son lost one whole year of middle school before a working medication was found (propranolol hydrochloride, a beta blocker that prevents his attacks). In his mid-teens he could wake up five or six mornings in a row with migraine -- even though his old meds took away the pain and most of the queasiness and dizzyness, the damn attack was back the next day. Only migraine preventing medication truly helps him, and very much thanks to it he did finish middle school (something we had been worrying he might not be able to do).

    I am so thankful for modern meds.

    Wishing you all the best!

    1519979992
    Salina D. [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 27
    • Joined: 1 May 2017

    VR wrote: ... I REALLY need to see my GP but today is the 9th (working) day in a row I've rung and having finally got through, have been told all the appointments are gone AGAIN. ...

    Salina - Ugh. Really hate period pains, too. Have you tried different painkillers?

    I hope you did get an appointment in the end?

    Thanks for asking: I listen to my body & use whichever of the ones that suit me feels like it would work the best: ibuprofen, paracetamol or naproxen (I must not use acetylsalicylic acid, because.of having had an ulcer when I was young). I do have combo tablets of paracetamol and codeine, and also tizanidine in the house, but as both meds knock me out completely, I prefer to not use them unless I feel like I'm dying. An electric blanket under the small of my back also helps a lot, and remembering to drink a lot of liquids and going to the loo often.

    1519995664
    Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2199
    • Joined: 27 Feb 2010

    Salina D. wrote:

    VR wrote: ... I REALLY need to see my GP but today is the 9th (working) day in a row I've rung and having finally got through, have been told all the appointments are gone AGAIN. ...

    Salina - Ugh. Really hate period pains, too. Have you tried different painkillers?

    I hope you did get an appointment in the end?

    Thanks for asking: I listen to my body & use whichever of the ones that suit me feels like it would work the best: ibuprofen, paracetamol or naproxen (I must not use acetylsalicylic acid, because.of having had an ulcer when I was young). I do have combo tablets of paracetamol and codeine, and also tizanidine in the house, but as both meds knock me out completely, I prefer to not use them unless I feel like I'm dying. An electric blanket under the small of my back also helps a lot, and remembering to drink a lot of liquids and going to the loo often.

    VR that happens at my GP's, and I found out why. It turned out that people go to the surgery before they start answering the phones, and book appointments there and then, for that day. So by the time anyone can get through on the phones, all the appointments have gone.

    I also found out why they started only taking bookings for the day of the appointment. it's because the gov, decided that people where having to wait too long to get to see someone. So they started to penalise GP's who took over a certain number of hours to see a GP, from the time of booking the appointment. If someone phones up and they want an appointment for that day, and there are non left, and they book them in for the next day the GP has gone over the time limit.

    So by only taking on the day bookings, they can't go over time. But the result is now that people can't get appointments if they can't go in in person on the same day; and end up taking even longer to get to see a GP.

    1519999754
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2822
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    All - hugs and positive vibes all around... I will be honest there are times I cannot pop in here for a sense of feeling overwhealmed with life here but then I feel guilty not replying to each of you as my workload and homelife have really been crazy.

    Fun Louise I especially am glad I did pop in today. I hope you and the oh are having a lovely time on Holiday... you deserve it. My heart breaks knowing the tool it takes to place a loved one in a home. We just lost a grandparent who had been in nursing care and extended time frame and it was hard to see her go down hill but there was no way to care for her at home and dementia is an awful thing.

    I wont rant, as it is the same cycle of stress that I am looking for a way to change but know that I am making little changes and when i have a bad day I just let it go and realize I can't change what has been... and just try again tomorrow.

    1520015912
    Covered in bees [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 886
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2011

    Aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!

    *cries*

    Sorry, everyone. Emotional dump over. As you were.

    1520018281
    Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7032
    • Joined: 30 Mar 2015

    Thanks Vanessa there is a hidden stress level in putting mother in law in home but it is the best thing.

    covered in bees, Huggs, I care.

    1520030432
    Shouganai [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 303
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2016

    Two tiny screams into the void:

    1: Dr. C, please stop sending my referrals to the wrong gosh darn places. Please. I need treatment.

    2: I don't want to have to buy stuff of this nature from anywhere but lovely LoveHoney. Please make my size...

    1520033397
    Mr Pheebs [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3906
    • Joined: 12 Jun 2016

    Thanks for all of your brilliant posts of support X, 2 migraines 2 pills 2 great escapes!

    Bees why the emotional dump, want to talk about it? I’m holding your hand right now hon X

    Fun Louise, showing concern shows caring so kudos to you Both. Feeling stressed is not great, the health and social professionals should be considering mum holistically which includes family but it’s not totally avoidable even then. I could tell you a lot of stories about families that won’t put relatives in a home to save the ‘estate’ and how these clients pop in and out of hospital due to falls, medication overdose and even neglect, it’s cruel and is no quality of life so you’ve done the right thing here and you should both be proud your putting mum first 💕

    Vanessa, proud of you! Baby steps are the way to go but they’ll get bigger as you progress. Being able to acknowledge your limitations and what you can and can’t control is a massive progressive leap in terms of stress and anxiety management. Well done!

    Shougani, hang in there! As for the size thing I feel like that about a lot of sex toys for males. I think LH are active in reviewing sizing for their own test products which is really positive though!

    1520077942
    Covered in bees [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 886
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2011

    Thank you FunLouise and MrPheebs.

    Everything is a bit complicated and stressful right now. It's hard to explain.

    Mostly I can deal with it, but sometimes I seem to get a real mood crash around about the kids' tea time and everything just feels overwhelming and horrible. I feel like all my coping mechanisms spiral out of control and it's all just too much. But, it passes, mostly.

    That said, I've done something a bit reckless and stupid this morning because I'm an idiot when I feel sad and lonely. *sigh* Must try to learn healthier patterns of behaviour :(

    1520078125
    Mr Pheebs [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3906
    • Joined: 12 Jun 2016

    Why do you feel sad & lonely?

    1520082275
    KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7118
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2013

    Frustrated, annoyed and not happy. I was expecting 2 next day deliveries today (not Lh), I have recieved part of one...

    I know that the snow is an issue but according to tracking it is not and I know that time of the order is to be considered although I ordered with in the time etc etc.

    I am most annoyed about the one that I have part of; why don't I have the rest of it?! I have a confirmation of both parcels being sent and have accepted that one missed the lorry on their side but the one that I have part of.... Why?! It doesn't have an invoice either so I am left to assume that that will be in the other part and hope that I do actually receive it.

    Then while checking my emails to find out what the heck is going on, I deleted an email by accident, not sure what it was, I just know that I can't get it back or even find out what it was so that is really annoying.

    To top it, I have got up for this mess but I need to go back to sleep because I have work later and now I'm in this mood, so getting back to sleep is going to be hard.

    1520092112
    Xialos [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1022
    • Joined: 14 Dec 2017

    KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

    Frustrated, annoyed and not happy. I was expecting 2 next day deliveries today (not Lh), I have recieved part of one...

    I know that the snow is an issue but according to tracking it is not and I know that time of the order is to be considered although I ordered with in the time etc etc.

    I am most annoyed about the one that I have part of; why don't I have the rest of it?! I have a confirmation of both parcels being sent and have accepted that one missed the lorry on their side but the one that I have part of.... Why?! It doesn't have an invoice either so I am left to assume that that will be in the other part and hope that I do actually receive it.

    Then while checking my emails to find out what the heck is going on, I deleted an email by accident, not sure what it was, I just know that I can't get it back or even find out what it was so that is really annoying.

    To top it, I have got up for this mess but I need to go back to sleep because I have work later and now I'm in this mood, so getting back to sleep is going to be hard.

    The deleted email isn't sitting in your trash bin, is it?

    1520099833
    KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7118
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2013

    No, it would appear that from a phone, if you go on to the email and hit the delete button then it will go there but if you swipe it, it doesn't and I swipped accidentally trying to scroll :/ Thank you for the suggestion though :)

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.