1. Get it off ! Support thread

[suspended user]

suspended user

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

Goood morning, beauties! I have been away all easter, so this is my first time checking in with the much anticipated group. Excellent name choice!

I am only at the very beginning of my weightloss journey. I have lost 7 kgs and a bit, but still have 40 or so to go. Trying to be brave and patient.

Have lost the first 7 on my own, but starting Weight Watchers next monday. Excited and a little nervous about that!

You'll get more support from your new friends at the meetings which will help you. Tips and recipes will also become available to you as well. Both Weightwatchers and Slimming World are probably the most sucessful of the diets to follow .

[suspended user]

suspended user

mummymermaid wrote:

Weighed in tonight..put a lb on....not too bad actually considering...so will take that...going away tomorrow but will stay on plan as much as I can , where i am going my friends eat healthy anyways just the dangers of wine to worry about, but i am determined to be good xxx that's for all your support xx

Thts pretty good . You'll soon be back on track . A pound is nothing .

[suspended user]

suspended user

Well thinking positively ,I have shed 3 pounds of the Easter 5 pound gain. I am therefore 2 pounds heavier than at t h e same time last week . In view of the Easter indulgence like many others at this time of the year I am quite happy about that .Just have to keep myself on track. Friday night is going to be a tester as well as one of our suppliers has arranged a brewery tour at one of the local micro breweries. This brewer does make some really nice beers but beers arn't very good for weight loss. Testing time !

Still having problems in persuading the Mrs to join Slimming World. I thinks it's more to do with the apprehension of joining in with new people. So still much work to do to win her over. Just before anyone thinks I am being a tad selfish here its not the case. Body wise I am quite happy with my wife being curvy it's just that diabetes runs in her family .Any doctor will tell you that if this is the case and you are over weight ,this makes you more susceptible to the condition. Diabetes has already helped to claimed the life of my father and I don't want it to do the same with my wife .

Clockwork_Oasis [sign in to see picture]

It is taking quite some energy from me to be on Weight Watchers... I am so used to counting calories, that the thought of just pointing things feel really intimidating. Giving it a proper go though!

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

I'm doing so terrible. Haven't had time for the gym as kids are off school and I bought a slimming world guide and have barely looked at it :/ hope everyone else is doing better xx

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

I'm doing so terrible. Haven't had time for the gym as kids are off school and I bought a slimming world guide and have barely looked at it :/ hope everyone else is doing better xx

Can you do sneaky things like family walk/active day to get some movement into your day?
    Alternatively go for a walk/jog/gym before or after they've gone to bed?

My partner doesn't live with me so can't go out when they are asleep. It's a shame as I love an evening walk. To be honest I'm so shattered I'm usually crawling around the house by tea time. Just need to watch my calorie intake and get back to the gym once school starts again I think. Hope you get on okay on weight watchers! Have only tried slimming world myself. I always find pinterest fantastic for tips on specific diets though x

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

My partner doesn't live with me so can't go out when they are asleep. It's a shame as I love an evening walk. To be honest I'm so shattered I'm usually crawling around the house by tea time. Just need to watch my calorie intake and get back to the gym once school starts again I think. Hope you get on okay on weight watchers! Have only tried slimming world myself. I always find pinterest fantastic for tips on specific diets though x

I'm only on my third day, so trying not to pass any judgements yet. I do like the focus on fruit and veg, and the theory that "everything is allowed as long as you can fit it in your budget". But I am a bit weary/worried about their lack of understanding of different body types and PCOS for example. I will give it a go and see how I get on.

Hope you feel back on track again soon =) You coooould try to look for a nice and kind neighbour who wouldn't mind sitting in your house for an hour while you take your evening walks. I used to do that for a couple next door. Three times a week, when the kids had gone to bed, they'd call my cell and hang up, and I'd jump over there with my book to read for an hour while they went jogging. It was a nice arrangement I think.

they didn't pay me for it, but they did give me a thank you gift maybe two times a year.

Wow that was very kind of you. I may have to get a bit more friendly with my neighbours lol! Although I haven't tried weight watchers myself I do know a few people who have been extremely successful on it. As you say though everyone's body is different. Let us know how you get on x

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Could you get yourself an exercise DVD to do and get up a half hour earlier than the kids if you feel too tired to do anything at night? The JillIan Michaels 30 Day Shred is inexpensive to buy, really easy to slip into your day and gets good results.

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

It is taking quite some energy from me to be on Weight Watchers... I am so used to counting calories, that the thought of just pointing things feel really intimidating. Giving it a proper go though!

Good luck with the weight watchers plan. My Aunt is on it and it seems a really good, varied, healthy diet plan once you get the hang of it x

lmh95 wrote:

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Could you get yourself an exercise DVD to do and get up a half hour earlier than the kids if you feel too tired to do anything at night? The JillIan Michaels 30 Day Shred is inexpensive to buy, really easy to slip into your day and gets good results.
    Great tip. I may just do that. Though I've tried a jillian Michaels work out before, it was hell lol! May need an easier one x
    Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I'm struggling with motivation. My Castlemans has flaired up so my right side has swollen up quite a lot. I feel fat and hate the feeling of fluid in my leg, bum and bust.

I keep looking at the picture of where we are going in Italy but it's not working.

Also my OH is on call and work has been rubbish so he keeps getting called out just when I'm excited and wanting some fun. My toy box has been getting some hammer this week, and it's only Wednesday!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Managed to get my weight back down to the pre Easter weight of 13st 13lbs. It's taken nearly 2 weeks to get it off .Got to be happy though and puts me back on track again.

Fun Louise wrote:

I'm struggling with motivation. My Castlemans has flaired up so my right side has swollen up quite a lot. I feel fat and hate the feeling of fluid in my leg, bum and bust.

I keep looking at the picture of where we are going in Italy but it's not working.

Also my OH is on call and work has been rubbish so he keeps getting called out just when I'm excited and wanting some fun. My toy box has been getting some hammer this week, and it's only Wednesday!

I'm sorry about your Castlemans flaring up! Do flare ups usually last long? I had to read up on it now, because I didn't know anything about it, but it seems like a complicated and exhausting thing to live with. I am very sorry. You're tough and awesome for being such a force of positivity and inspiration on here, despite! =)
    When are you going to Italy?

Good thing you have a toybox who can take the preassure, hope things get better soon, x

mysteron wrote:

Managed to get my weight back down to the pre Easter weight of 13st 13lbs. It's taken nearly 2 weeks to get it off .Got to be happy though and puts me back on track again.

Hurrayyyy!! *sprinkle glitter on* What's your goal weight?

[suspended user]

suspended user

Clockwork_Oasis wrote:

mysteron wrote:

Hurrayyyy!! *sprinkle glitter on* What's your goal weight?

13st 7 lbs

Thanks I am just 6 pounds away of what was my new target after I reached my intitial target of 14st 7 lbs

This brings onto my next question actually . What does one do when they reach their target Weight ? Ie do I need to eat a little more to bring my calorie intake to around 2000 per day ? I don't want to start "pigging out" and then put it all back on .

On a side note I am wearing today on old friend. They are a pair of Lee jeans , I rescued from my old disposal pile . They are 34 inch waist and havn't worn these since before our son was born and he is now 15 .The tailoring of these appears to be different to the mens jeans of around today. They are quivalent of straight leg but fit much tighter around my rear to my wifes approval. Mens jeans of today tend to be much more looser fitting around the rear. I have now dropped 4 trouser sizes since startiing on my journey and hopefully I can find more 34 inch examples at the bottom of my wardrobe which could save me a bit of money .

Do they still make Lee jeans by the way ?

Well done mysteron.

Yes they do still make Lee jeans. They might not be exactly the same style of fit as they used to be but they are still a good quality product.

I love the shirts and jackets too.

Doing my first ever fitness class this morning. So nervous I'm going to embarress myself by big so unfit :/

[suspended user]

suspended user

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Doing my first ever fitness class this morning. So nervous I'm going to embarress myself by big so unfit :/

I am guessing your probably fitter than what you think you are. Chasing around after kids all day does keep you active and other household chores also tend to burn up calories.

If you are nervous then try and get a spot at the rear of the class then that way not many others can see you .

Otherwise you may have to wait until the Starship Enterprise is overhead and Scotty can beam you up! lol

But I think you will be fine

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.