1. Get it off ! Support thread

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

pinkanimal wrote:

I lost a stone in 11 weeks on slimming world x
    One more to go x

I've been thinking of joining. Unfortunately because of little ones I can't go to any of the groups though so can only use it online. I'm worried I won't be as successful that way though. Do you go to groups pink animal? X

I do go to group

I get a lot of support

Also lots of people take small ones to group.

For me group is important. I get support and ideas and it spurs me on. X

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

One word, Fitbit.

i have a Fitbit charge HR. (HR - heart rate).

This gadget acts as a watch. BUT, it measures:

*BPM

*calories burned

*steps counted

*floors climbed

*miles walked

This encourages you to move. It is stipulated that everyone should manage 10k steps a day. For me, this averages to be just shy of 4 miles. And yes it is actually DOABLE.

with this gadget you can keep a diary of the food you eat. An app on your smartphone, you log in food that you have eaten and it tells you how many calories it has. AMAZING. If I go over my daily calorie intake then it comes up as red, this is very discouraging and motivates you to burn what you over ate.

you can also add friends, 'cheer' or 'taunt' each other if they're doing well or not so well. This is also very encouraging.

you can also measure your bpm. I am very concerned with heart health and with this gadget it is super handy to monitor my bpm. Since I am on beta blockers, anti depressants, and sleeping medication it too benefits me in regards to my medication.

You can also track your sleep. (The pros of this gadget just keep on giving). With the sensors on this gadget it can monitor how you sleep, when you're restless, when you're awake and when you're in deep sleep. How this works is just pure genius to me. Given that I need sleep medication - this is extremely helpful.

I cannot not reccomend them enough. And aids greatly in weight loss.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

mummymermaid wrote:

Gone abit of track today...been good since tuesday ..mother in law got me with roast pots in oil and coffee cake...weigh in tuesday..really nervous now xx

Don't worry we all have days when we have treats or special occassions and a few treats won't do too much damage. It's only when everyday there's lots of treats that you start to undo all your good work x
    Thanks everyone for the great tips and advice so far. Lots of "food" for thought. Ha ha. The fit bit sounds really good x

"Wondercore 2 is the bench I will be looking at getting. Because I have a weakened back due to an accident at my former employers ,for me to do sit ups ,I need something to support my back. This fits the bill as it supports yiur back when working out. It also a bench that can be put to other uses as well ! "

Sorry to read that you had a work accident and now have a weakened back mysteron. The bench sounds a good idea and even better for its multi purpose uses;) I have an aerobics step that I think will come in handy with my door jam cuffs;)
    Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

Oo definitely going to look into getting the fitbit charge! Thank you for your advice mysteron, to be honest I hadn't considered that I could continue eating convenience food if I am a bit more conscious of which options I pick.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Another problem I have found with any diet is that I am a bit of a nibbler or snacker. My Mrs doesn't help because I am convinced she was born with a packet of crisps in her hand .

To get around this habit of mine , I tend to pick up one of those £1.00 tubs of salad and nibble at that all through the day when I feel like snacking. Drinking more water usual of the mineral variety also helps as well.

I am very confident approaching my Thursday morning weigh in that I have at least kept the weight off and maybe lost some as well.

Lovethekink [sign in to see picture]

Willing you all on and sending lots of positive energy..

I need to lose the last of my baby weight as I'm 16 lbs heavier than before pregnancy and it's all on my stomach, I'm not so fussed about the weight but more that I need to tone up, I'm only small and very petite so any weight gain is obvious on me.

I just need to try to eat healthier and exercise but I am so lazy and I hate fruit and veg. And my favourite things are carbs which doesn't bode well for me.

So I will be stalking and getting tips from you all 😘

[suspended user]

suspended user

Lovethekink wrote:

Willing you all on and sending lots of positive energy..

I need to lose the last of my baby weight as I'm 16 lbs heavier than before pregnancy and it's all on my stomach, I'm not so fussed about the weight but more that I need to tone up, I'm only small and very petite so any weight gain is obvious on me.

I just need to try to eat healthier and exercise but I am so lazy and I hate fruit and veg. And my favourite things are carbs which doesn't bode well for me.

So I will be stalking and getting tips from you all 😘

If all the weight is based on your tummy , then when you lose weight it will show. My tummy was the last area where weight had accumulated , so when I lose it it comes from there. A flatter tummy give you much much more body confidence. Like you I will need to tone which will have to involve excersise and I want to develop my abs as well. Eventually I am sending off for the Wondercore 2 excersis bench as advertised on TV . This is a must for me as I have a weakened back and will give me the support I need. So i am just waitoing for the last installment on my Carpet Cleaner and then I wil be sending off for it.

bex1213 [sign in to see picture]

As a fat woman, I have to say I'm probably the diet expert after the years of both strangers, friends, and family members trying to give me unsolicited weight loss tips. In fact, the first time I was called fat was at a gymnastics competition when I was 7 (which I won by the way) where an older girl said my thighs were too big to do floor exercises. It's been a downhill tragectory from there.

I'm currently on a diet where I don't eat until the evening, which used to work WONDERS and I lost about 2 stone in 3 months, but since I've been with my partner and I've had the birth control implant put back in, no matter what I do I just can't shift it. Even on just salads and cleanses, I'm actually putting on weight! I know this is a problem with hormonal birth control and I think I'm going to have it removed but what would y'all suggest in the mean time? I exercise daily as I have to walk 2 miles everyday at least to get onto my campus and I'm just so frustrated with this situation. Any weightloss success stories on the implant?x

Aw bex that must be so frustrating! I know after my first son I had the implant put in but I lost the three stone I had gained through pregnancy anyway. I didn't find it effected my weight loss, but we are all different.
    Not eating until the evening sounds very restrictive. Is it just possible your metabolism isn't being kick started by breakfast? Seems impossible not to lose weight on such a restrictive diet though. Perhaps it would be a good idea to try a different form of birth control.

mummymermaid [sign in to see picture]

Weigh in tonight at 7.30...nervous..hoping for even a pound loss! Or half a pound..just a loss..I have really tried just Sunday was messed up..made sure I've done my ten thousand steps on my fitbit too daily xx

mummymermaid wrote:

Weigh in tonight at 7.30...nervous..hoping for even a pound loss! Or half a pound..just a loss..I have really tried just Sunday was messed up..made sure I've done my ten thousand steps on my fitbit too daily xx

Good luck mummymermaid! I'm sure you will get a good result xx
    wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I'm a bit late joining in on this thread but in the last few weeks I've fallen off the wagon a bit and I really need to get a grip on the situation or I'll end up putting back on the 3 stone that took 2 years to lose .
    I have been a bit down lately and I'm a bit of an emotional eater but mainly I've let the exercising slip ....I used to enjoy exercises but seem to have lost motivation a bit recently.
    I think some of my issues are possibly age related ( could be menopause) I'm not sure . Sorry to everyone if this all sounds a bit moany but I haven't talked to anyone about till now .
    Anyway, everyone on here seems to be doing so well I hope some of that positivity will rub off on me , think I just need to pull myself together a bit .

bex1213 [sign in to see picture]

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Aw bex that must be so frustrating! I know after my first son I had the implant put in but I lost the three stone I had gained through pregnancy anyway. I didn't find it effected my weight loss, but we are all different.
    Not eating until the evening sounds very restrictive. Is it just possible your metabolism isn't being kick started by breakfast? Seems impossible not to lose weight on such a restrictive diet though. Perhaps it would be a good idea to try a different form of birth control.

It is restrictive but I have such a low resting heartrate (inherited from my father) that my metabolism doesn't kick in ever really unless I exercise. This has been the only effective method, unfortunately. If I'm honest, I didn't start the weight gain until I had this thing in in the first place about 5 years ago. I took it out when I wasn't sexually active and that's when I started to lose weight.

Now that I'm saying it I do think that the only way to go is a different method but every option for me seems to be hormonal which obviously exacerbates the situation as I've never given birth. Oh well. Maybe just back to condoms and crossed fingers.x

mummymermaid [sign in to see picture]

lost a lb tonight xx

[suspended user]

suspended user

Well done.! I just hope I can do the same on my weigh in. Like you I endured a bit of "damage" at my mums.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I've lost 4 lbs this week! This brings my weight down to 13st 13lbs .Just did a naked victory dance around the room after coming off the scales. Just noticed the curt ains were open Oops .

I am just 6 pounds away from my new target and I havn't seen the Slimming World consultant yet .

Just feel on top of the world at the moment !

That's fantastic mysteron! Just in time for the summer too :)

[suspended user]

suspended user

Bumped into the sister in law earlier today and she couldn't believe how different I looked within a month. She said my looks have taken about 10 years off me.

Very flattered and feeling very happy.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.