1. Get it off ! Support thread

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

Thank you Blueeyes82 :)
    Congrats to all those that are doing so well! You're all inspiring me to try a bit harder. Fantastic idea for a thread mysteron x

mummymermaid [sign in to see picture]

Well done to everyone so far! And thank you fun louise your doing amazingly well! I have a fitbit flex and I do try to do ten thousand steps everyday, which is a challenge at weekends and school breaks but I do manage it Monday to Friday..I have a dance DVD that I do 20 mins of three times a week trying to up that..want to get to swimming once a week too..I love swimming..I've had a sneaky weigh and I've lost but my official weigh in isn't til Tuesday so will disclose weight here then..just had a huge tuna salad with light salad cream..was yummy xxx

Jay R [sign in to see picture]

First up, congrats to everyone because this isn't always easy and you're all smashing it :)

Bodybuilding is one of my hobbies, love the gym, but I used to be quite a heavy guy at one point.

I found four top tips that really helped me to pour off the pounds with minimal time in the gym (no more than half an hour 5 days a week) and still enjoying takeaways.

- 2 glasses of water for every glass of pop you drink

- Cottage Cheese as a snack (It's about 29g pure protein a pot and dead cheap)

- CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) supplements (this really stripped the fat off me with exercise)

- Omega 3 Fish Oil (either pills, liquid form or striaght out of delicious fish)

I wanted to lose weight quick so I coupled that with a 300 calorie cross-train 5 days a week to ensure that I maintained a calorie deficit througout the week.

The final tip really is to modearate the takeaways and choccies, there's no need to cut them right out - we're not training to compete and that lifestyle is no fun at all.

If you do try my method, after 2 months you may find your weight loss stops, then you put on a little, then start dropping again over the course of a month. This is normal, increased protein will help you build up a bit more muscle (not loads) but enough to slow and stop the weight loss temporarily. Rather than worrying when this happens and swearing at the scales, start looking in the mirror because you'll see the changes in your body.

And if you every have a down day, come back to this thread for inspiration and lets keep each other strong.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Fun Louise wrote:

mysteron wrote:

I'm down from 18 stone 6 pounds to 14 stone 3 pounds as at last Thursday.

I weigh myself in the same spot on the same day at the same time every Thursday without clothes .

I think the latter is important as clothes can distort your weight by upto 3 pounds .

My next stage is to start toning and deve lop my abs.

Wow that is fantastic. I'm not sure I will ever get to 14 st 3lbs, I have not weighted that little since I was 17.

What are you hoping to get too, if yo don't mind me asking.

Subject to agreement with the Slimming World consultant ,for when I take the Mrs there ,I am looking at 13 stone 6 pounds as a possible target. That should get me down to wearing 32 inch waist trousers .

I am already benefitting by being able to fit clothes from Primar k of which are always very small sizes.

I am also looking to start toning my tummy area and to get those abs for which I have always wanted.

I think the main bonus is that I am very very happy with the food I eat and don't miss the pizza,burgers,sausages,bread etc. I really enjoy chicken and Ostrich .Ostrich is a very good alternative for fillet steak of which isn't too bad for fat anyway.

Losing all this weight makes me feel like 20 again and has taken 10 years off me age wise.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

That's great to hear mysteron that losing the excess weight has made you feel lighter and younger again. You've done really well.

What exercises are you planning to do to flatten your tummy and get some abs?

I've found in the past that pilates worked really quickly for me using the stretchy resistance bands and that was probably the flattest and tightest my stomach has ever been. Then I fell pregnant just as I had the flat stomach of my dreams but it was ages before my bump showed (in fact some people six weeks before I had my first baby asked me if I was sure that I was so far along) which I think was because my tummy muscles were so strong.

After completing my family I didn't have time to get to the gym or to exercise classes so I bought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd which was really easy to fit into my day and gave great results. I plan to get it out and do it again at the end of the month. The workouts nearly killed me to start with but I enjoyed them and soon began to feel stronger and fitter.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

After I lose a bit, tighten and tone up I will hopefully pluck up the courage to post some pictures on here and get a profile pick up at long last.

I also plan to treat myself to a boudoir photography shoot so that when I'm a really old lady I can look back at the photos with pride and see how sexy I used to look back in the day. Lol x

I have a few quick easy recipes that I would like to post later in the week.
    mummymermaid [sign in to see picture]

Gone abit of track today...been good since tuesday ..mother in law got me with roast pots in oil and coffee cake...weigh in tuesday..really nervous now xx

[suspended user]

suspended user

lmh95 wrote:

That's great to hear mysteron that losing the excess weight has made you feel lighter and younger again. You've done really well.

What exercises are you planning to do to flatten your tummy and get some abs?

I've found in the past that pilates worked really quickly for me using the stretchy resistance bands and that was probably the flattest and tightest my stomach has ever been. Then I fell pregnant just as I had the flat stomach of my dreams but it was ages before my bump showed (in fact some people six weeks before I had my first baby asked me if I was sure that I was so far along) which I think was because my tummy muscles were so strong.

After completing my family I didn't have time to get to the gym or to exercise classes so I bought the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd which was really easy to fit into my day and gave great results. I plan to get it out and do it again at the end of the month. The workouts nearly killed me to start with but I enjoyed them and soon began to feel stronger and fitter.

Wondercore 2 is the bench I will be looking at getting. Because I have a weakened back due to an accident at my former employers ,for me to do sit ups ,I need something to support my back. This fits the bill as it supports yiur back when working out. It also a bench that can be put to other uses as well !

[suspended user]

suspended user

lmh95 wrote:

After I lose a bit, tighten and tone up I will hopefully pluck up the courage to post some pictures on here and get a profile pick up at long last.

I also plan to treat myself to a boudoir photography shoot so that when I'm a really old lady I can look back at the photos with pride and see how sexy I used to look back in the day. Lol x

I have a few quick easy recipes that I would like to post later in the week.

I have done boudoir photography and I LOVE it, such a confidence boost. I have another one coming up which is helping me stay motivated.

[suspended user]

suspended user

slinky binky thanks you are making a bit blush I love that playsuit and had so much fun taking those and teasing the OH at work with them....

Wanted to share a random thought tonight since I have been trying to get on with my bouncer more I found myself with sore legs from the squatting over the toy. Decided that that can count as part of my minutes of "activity" today.

The biggest thing for me is walking, if I do that I maintain ok even on a bad week. But the movement of the body helps reduce my binge or stress eating. I distract myself and drink water and the see if I still crave a snack.

Lovehoney - Sparkle [sign in to see picture]

Yesss I am SO coming in here for motivation. I am totally unmotivated/eating badly at the moment and im ready to kick my butt into gear.

Yummymummy :-* [sign in to see picture]

I've not had the best week emotionally, I was really let down and since then have had a fair few calm me down glasses of wine. What a waste of calories!! Feeling better now but I know I've put weight back on. Can't give up though! (this is the time I normally would)

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

I lost a stone in 11 weeks on slimming world x
    One more to go x

[suspended user]

suspended user

mummymermaid wrote:

Gone abit of track today...been good since tuesday ..mother in law got me with roast pots in oil and coffee cake...weigh in tuesday..really nervous now xx

Don't let that worry you. A good diet system will allow for the occasional treat and has been proven to help keep you motivated.

Good luck on your weigh in .

[suspended user]

suspended user

pinkanimal wrote:

One more to go x

Thats probably the best and healthiest way to lose weight over a period like your doing and I am doing.

Well done ! x

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

what a great idea and well done to you all ! 

I need to get back to gym and healthy eating .Since I started working for Lovehoney I have put on 2 stone , you know what they say about being content!  

I can not wait to hear more about all of your journeys and some tips you all have.

pinkanimal wrote:

One more to go x

I've been thinking of joining. Unfortunately because of little ones I can't go to any of the groups though so can only use it online. I'm worried I won't be as successful that way though. Do you go to groups pink animal? X

[suspended user]

suspended user

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

pinkanimal wrote:

One more to go x

I've been thinking of joining. Unfortunately because of little ones I can't go to any of the groups though so can only use it online. I'm worried I won't be as successful that way though. Do you go to groups pink animal? X

You don't need to go to groups. All you need to do is to set yourself a target without starving or punishing yourself . I have had no support whatsoever but just a look in the miirror set me on my journey . Will power I built up on the way.Start by just placing a few lower fat alternatives in your shopping basket and build on from that. For excercise have a walk with the kids . They will have bags of energy to burn and will help to burn off some of your calories. A suggestion of about 1 hour walking is about right.

On saying that you can certainly get Online support from Slimming World and I dare say Weight Watchers will offer the same.

Thanks mysteron :) I really do love this thread! I think the problem I have is a lack of motivation. I also tend to only eat convenience food like prepacked sandwiches etc for breakfast and lunch. That's definitely not doing my waistline or my bank balance any favours.
    I go to the gym a few times a week and often play sports like squash and basketball with my eldest son. I think i'm proof that exercise isn't enough to make you lose weight. Unfortunately you have to change your diet too :(
    Mostly I just want to feel as healthy as possible after 8 years of being really ill. I want to eat food that benefits my body. I just like my convenience food too much :/ I wouldn't really say my main aim is to lose weight, though at 13 and a half stone I certainly wouldn't mind if I did!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Well for sandwiches then go for the healthier options. Most supermarkets offer them EG Morrisons NUME range . Asda have silmilar. I dare say the others have theirs as well. Many prepacked sandwiches have also the fat and sugar content labelled in the traffic light system With Morrisons and Asda in mind here avoid those that are showing reds in the fats and sugar sections. Greens are best and Amber has a second choice . Normally its the Mayo that whacks up the fat content so avoid sandwiches with Mayo on if you can.

We have ready meals during the week as well as we both work ( I am suppose to be working now! ) Again these products are amongst the best clearly labeled products and again most supermarkets have their healthier versions. For example I like the NUME Morrisons Cottage Pie. On the trafiic light system its all the greens. Dump a lot of pickeld red cabbage on it which is zero calories and fat and you won't taste the difference! Avoid the posher ready meals as well as these are the ones that tend to be heaverly laden with fats .

Part of the battle is just being careful about what you place in your supermarket basket. It may take a little longer to do your shopping but eventually you will know like the back of your hand which meals to go for .Don't forget the freezer section as well for more variety. I think it was the Bisto Beef in red wine I bought the Mrs and again it was greens all the way and shge loved it. normally it would have been chicken Kievs wich are laiden in fat .

So really there is no will power involved here its just being a bit more selective and perhaps trying new tastes . If you can avoid take a ways or just have them as an occasional treat .

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.