1. Get it off ! Support thread

    1533900074

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7742
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

    Mysteron

    I’ve never shown any love or affection in the 15 years we’ve been together. By eating I was secure in the knowledge that he wouldn’t want sex with me. So we were just parents. For us now, it’s like a new relationship, where you can’t keep your hands off each other.

    my hubbys worried I’ll take it to far and loose to much weight, he loves curves and he loves boobs & bums, to him 2 more stone is to much really, he’s happy for me to maintain my weight as it is now. But by the nhs guidelines I’m still 7 stone overweight ?

    Well iMO I think he will love your new shape and perhaps more important so will you. It does take some getting used to but you will have so much energy and life to do things. It will enable you to dress more sexily , nicer lingerie  and more choice as well  You will feel much younger  again and I am sure you hubby will benefit from all of  that . For me it was simple things like being able to tie my own shoe laces again and see them whilst I tied them ! I used to go out in a baggy T shirt and baggy jeans. Now its a slim fit t shirt or shirt. with tighter fitting jeans and a blazer. Blazers/tailored jackets look much better when your slimmer as well .

    All of this you have to look forward if you can keep the faith in the strides you are making and not let others try and derail your progress .

    1533900332

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7742
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    I forgot to mention the benefits in the bedroom . As mentioned you will have much more enegy and stamina and you will also be able to do many of those sex positions that you couldnt perhaps try before .

    1533900416
    wildflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6299
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2013

    To be honest I don't take too much notice of NHS guidelines....they are exactly that guidelines. There is no one size fits all, they don't take into account body shape, frame etc. According the NHS I should weight between 8 and 9 stone! I didn't even weight that little on my wedding day and was only a size 14 then.

    The lowest weight I ever got down to was 9 and half stone after i had my first baby and it was probably all due to constant breastfeeding! I didn't like it though, I lost all my curves and didn't feel like me anymore. 

    Over the years weight did creep back on but I lost 4 stone just by eating better, cutting out lots of sweet snacks and exercising a lot. I'm relatively ok about how I look now although I would still like to lose a bit more tummy but spot reducing is impossible . Although the stomach vacuuming is helping with my waist! 

    Obviously my comments about the NHS guidelines are completely my own opinion based on my personal experience .

    1533901013
    Justthe2ofus2007 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1121
    • Joined: 4 Mar 2018
    Wildflower

    the guide says I should be 10 stone exactly, I started this journey at 21 stone 13 and I’m now 17 stone 1, have to say it’s depressing thinking I still have another 7?stone to go.

    but at the same time, I like to look womanly with hips, bum and boobs, so it’s finding a happy medium I guess .

    people from the outside say that’s enough or you don’t want to loose to much, but being I’ve had a problem with food since my teenage years, I don’t know what’s right for me yet.

    1533901320
    wildflower [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6299
    • Joined: 17 Jul 2013

    I think you'll know how much is enough when you get to a stage when you can look in the mirror and see for yourself how much your effort has paid off and feel happy about how you look.

    Totally agree that the thought of having to lose 7 stone is horrific ! That's why it's best to think only of one stone at time , breaking it all down into smaller bits seems less daunting.

    1533901507

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7742
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    wildflower wrote:

    To be honest I don't take too much notice of NHS guidelines....they are exactly that guidelines. There is no one size fits all, they don't take into account body shape, frame etc. According the NHS I should weight between 8 and 9 stone! I didn't even weight that little on my wedding day and was only a size 14 then.

    The lowest weight I ever got down to was 9 and half stone after i had my first baby and it was probably all due to constant breastfeeding! I didn't like it though, I lost all my curves and didn't feel like me anymore. 

    Over the years weight did creep back on but I lost 4 stone just by eating better, cutting out lots of sweet snacks and exercising a lot. I'm relatively ok about how I look now although I would still like to lose a bit more tummy but spot reducing is impossible . Although the stomach vacuuming is helping with my waist! 

    Obviously my comments about the NHS guidelines are completely my own opinion based on my personal experience .

     I agree . My Mrs is 6ft and heavy boned and doesnt fit in with NHS criteria. I agree its only a guideline , just like the BMI index of which nearly every PT will fail becasue of thier built up muscle.

    For me from experience , whats most important is how you look, when you look at yourself in a mirror  and how you feel rather than logged figures .I appreciate the former can be quite painful in the beginning and I can testify to that but it does get better over time.

    1533901646

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7742
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    wildflower wrote:

    I think you'll know how much is enough when you get to a stage when you can look in the mirror and see for yourself how much your effort has paid off and feel happy about how you look.

    Totally agree that the thought of having to lose 7 stone is horrific ! That's why it's best to think only of one stone at time , breaking it all down into smaller bits seems less daunting.

    Exactly . Thats why I think getting to a size 16 first and then progressing on to a size 14 is a more realistic target than trying to get to size 14 in one go.

    1533902468
    Justthe2ofus2007 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1121
    • Joined: 4 Mar 2018
    A proper size 18 first, my measurements indicate a size 20, but my knickers are A 18 now, and I have 2 dresses that are an 18.

    It’s our anniversary soon so I’d love to buy something sexy for our night, and use my blooming sex swing !

    1533904027

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7742
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

    A proper size 18 first, my measurements indicate a size 20, but my knickers are A 18 now, and I have 2 dresses that are an 18.

    It’s our anniversary soon so I’d love to buy something sexy for our night, and use my blooming sex swing !

    Well there are plenty of new lingerie little numbers to choose from. I want to get the Mrs one of those Show Girl quarter cup basque sets. Frustratingly she wants lose some more weight first before ordering as well as a new Cop Uniform .

    1533912182
    Justthe2ofus2007 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1121
    • Joined: 4 Mar 2018

    Mysteron I’ve just seen the range 😍 can’t decide which one to choose 😍

    1533915014
    NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1032
    • Joined: 16 Aug 2016

    Wow, no wonder some women have body confidence issues when men tell them if they lose weight they can dress sexier or buy nicer lingerie. In my opinion sexiness comes from within and lingerie can be beautiful in every size. Ashley Graham for example is a plus size model who struts her stuff on the run way in beautiful lingerie and she is smoking hot! What a terrible body image to promote!!!! By all means have a personal preference but please don't suggest that slimmer equals sexier

    1533915916
    Ian Chimp [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 813
    • Joined: 27 Mar 2018

    NaughtyNerd wrote:

    Wow, no wonder some women have body confidence issues when men tell them if they lose weight they can dress sexier or buy nicer lingerie.... By all means have a personal preference but please don't suggest that slimmer equals sexier

    I'm not sure anyone has done either of those things?

    1533916926
    NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1032
    • Joined: 16 Aug 2016

    Ian Chimp, yes they have. the exact words were..."it will enable you to dress more sexily , nicer lingerie and more choice as well"

    1533917294
    teacake [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 829
    • Joined: 24 Oct 2011

    My daughter went through a eating disorder she is still finding it hard to eat, the one thing we had to do was get rid of the weighing scales, i think scales can become addictive, then we had to take some of our full standing mirrors down, With all the air brushing fake slim photos no wonder kids of today think about how they should look. 

    It was dam hard making her eat forcing someone to eat their meal  isn't easy to do.

    When i was loosing weight the scales do become addictive I'm glad we don't have them anymore. 

    1533917971
    K&c30's [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1676
    • Joined: 15 Dec 2017

    Naughtynerd- I agree it's not a great quote and the wording is terrible. What I would add though is the person that has written it has been particularly supportive of weight lose on this tread to a number of people.

    Teacake- really sorry your daughter went through this, I hate social media at times for this reason. It gives our children an unrealistic view of the world at times.i hope her recovery is coming along well.

    1533919172
    Ian Chimp [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 813
    • Joined: 27 Mar 2018

    NaughtyNerd wrote:

    Ian Chimp, yes they have. the exact words were..."it will enable you to dress more sexily , nicer lingerie and more choice as well"

    Ah... I think I'll let mysteron reply to that himself 🙂

    Though I do think it's a shame you've singled out that one sentence from all the support he's been giving to all the people on this thread who have chosen to lose weight.

    1533919379
    NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1032
    • Joined: 16 Aug 2016

    That may be and I don't dispute that but the persons mouth it comes out of doesn't change the potentially damaging impact especially on a public forum.

    1533920346
    Ian Chimp [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 813
    • Joined: 27 Mar 2018

    Possibly. Though I wished you'd chosen a less sexist way of expressing your disagreement. 🙂

    1533920611
    Justthe2ofus2007 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1121
    • Joined: 4 Mar 2018

    I don’t think mysteron meant that if your larger your less attractive, what he was saying was I’d feel sexier once I’ve lost the weight I wanted. I really don’t think he meant to offend anyone.

    1533922933

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7742
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

    I don’t think mysteron meant that if your larger your less attractive, what he was saying was I’d feel sexier once I’ve lost the weight I wanted. I really don’t think he meant to offend anyone.

    Exactly that as I was rsponding to your post and that's why I quoted it.

    As regards body confidence issues, I had these myself when I was around 6 stone heavier ,so its not just restricted to women either. But once I lost the weight ,I don't want to wear the same boxer shorts as these would be down to my knees and so  I  wear things more fitting to my new shape.

    In the same way my Mrs once she lost her weight wanted to wear things more befitting to her new shape as once you reach the mainstream sizes there are more options than in the plus size ranges.

    And further more I have repeatedly said the size of a person does have any consequence with me as for choosing a partner if Ibwasnt married that is. 

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.