1. Get it off ! Support thread

Justthe2ofus2007 [sign in to see picture]

Mysteron My waist seems smaller than my hips, which I don’t mind, but at present I feel it looks funny. My hubbys never complained about my size ever, but I feel guilty. Also his work outs on a work Xmas do, which we never go to, because I feel rubbish about myself. I’ve met 5 blokes from his work, but even if we accidentally bump into someone i tend to dissspear as to not be judged.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Mysteron My waist seems smaller than my hips, which I don’t mind, but at present I feel it looks funny. My hubbys never complained about my size ever, but I feel guilty. Also his work outs on a work Xmas do, which we never go to, because I feel rubbish about myself. I’ve met 5 blokes from his work, but even if we accidentally bump into someone i tend to dissspear as to not be judged.

I think Christmas this year, going off your past progress so far ,you will be a little nearer to how you want to look. So just maybe you could give the works do a go and I am sure your hubby would love to have you on his arm accompanying him at this do. I am sure he would be proud to take you .

You have roughly around 5 months until then ,just see what you can do. 

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Mysteron, could you please stop trying to depress us?!

Justthe2ofus2007, don't believe him, if you want to be a size 12-14 again, you can be. If you can look at other beautiful women without feeling bad about yourself, get hold of a copy of Sly Moves and check out Jennifer Flavin's belly after three pregnanices.  (You can look inside at amazon - page 126 - stomach vacuum - shows what I mean. It's a good exercise as well, btw.)

[suspended user]

suspended user

Not trying to depress anyone. I am a firm beliver in acheivable targets . If J2O can get down to a size 16 then her next target could well be a size 14 . If she doesnt reach her goal then she will be deflated and nobody wants that.Going from size 18 to a size 14 is a large target, perhaps too large in one go.  So small steps as they say and work towards a size 16 first .She has already gone down to a size 18 which is a great achievment in itself. She is still young enough to do it.

But thats just my opinion which can be disregarded if she so wishes .

Sorry we’ve been to the seaside today, so not been online. You both give brill advice, and I do appreciate it all. This weeks been tough as my hubbys off for the week, so we’re out doing day trips. I’m expecting a gain as my routine is all over the place. I

Do ab tinning belts work? Would this help sort my belly? I own pretty much every bodystocking in plus size section, however I wore one last night and it was really loose, I’m worried about getting one in the normal non plus size and it clinging to my belly.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Do ab tinning belts work? Would this help sort my belly? I own pretty much every bodystocking in plus size section, however I wore one last night and it was really loose, I’m worried about getting one in the normal non plus size and it clinging to my belly.

yes and no. IMO they are better used when the fat has nearly gone and then they tend to be used for toning. I can't say I have seen any results from mine but it was only a cheap one. Better results have come from continual use of the wonder Core Smart in my workouts. 

As for the body stocking go for a slightly smaller size and make that a goal. You may surprise yourself and fit a smaller size anyway if your existing ones are too big .

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36752 https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35577 https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34587

I have these in every colour, and sized 18/22 or 18/24 all hanging off me. I haven’t checked my measurements again, but I’m def not in a 16, I had a size 20 dress on today, with belt under the boobs and it def feels looser than before.

I don’t want to buy from the non plus sized and then get disappointed when it doesn’t fit.

body toning belt, I was hoping it would help toned some loose skin, I’m really conscious of it, and my hubby & me have had a few words over it.

he doesn’t care about it, and I want to get rid/hide it, he gets annoyed when I get conscious of it while we’re havjng sex

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

I've got the first one in your list in the plus size and it's a bit  too loose on me as well. I've also got the third one but in the standard size 8-16 I think it is and it fits great. They're so stretchy that for the first time ever I've not had to get the plus size !

I'm round about the top end of a size 16 but with big boobs and I found it to be a lovely fit and very flattering too .

I also discovered the stomach vacuum exercises Talia  mentioned and have been doing them for about 6 weeks now and I've noticed an improvement with my tummy and waist has more definition too .

Wildflower

thank you, I’ve been working hard, but I don’t want to get to dishearten if it’s to small, I’m really self conscious right now, and my anxiety has been terrible lately. I’d love to see a change in my belly area, I’ve also seen waist trainers, I’m not sure if that would help.

ultimately my hubby loves me no matter what, I do know that, but he understands I’ve been hiding behind a cloud for a very long time, and I’m just struggling to find “me” in all of it, I kinda lost my identity after a traumatic event and I’ve hid behind food and clothes that were way to big for me.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I would go with what Wildflower suggested.

Toning belts are really for muscle stimulation and they do that by way of subjecting the muscle to short bursts of electrical charge. I can't see that working for loose skin .

A toning belt you could consider perhaps when your near your desired weight. There are special female versions , I think Slendertone is a make that come to mind .

As they tend to be expensive , I would research review and results done by others as i havnt had any significant return on mine.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I still think you have one of the best machines to concentrate on your tummy area ie The Wondercore Smart . I am just wondering if you have it on a setting that is giving you a workout ?

I lost my Beer gut after around 6 months but I was using it on the highest setting and doing around 500 sit ups in a session. I am currently doing a 1000 in a session and its defining my Abs . Better than my toning belt and I can see the results .  

Mysteron

it seems my FB is overloaded with adds with toning belts, waist trainers and all different exercises to combat belly fat.

I’m Guessing they somehow see what I’m searching the net for and put adds to that specific area to capture my eye.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Mysteron

it seems my FB is overloaded with adds with toning belts, waist trainers and all different exercises to combat belly fat.

I’m Guessing they somehow see what I’m searching the net for and put adds to that specific area to capture my eye.

I would ignore toning belts for now as your not at that stage yet .Waist trainers I have no experience with

I would do a two pronged attack . Use the method the Talia and Wildflower suggested ie the Stomach Vacumm excercises and crank your Wondercore up a notch . If your Wondercore is giving you a workout with this heat your top should be wet through with sweat if its set right.

Dont forget to take plenty of fluids on board in this heat.

Mysteron

mine hasn’t got an indicator, possibly an old model, but I’ve (I think) done it up tight, so like the screw is really tight.

I’ll be honest I haven’t worked out since last Wednesday as I don’t train on Thursday because it’s weigh day.

hubbys off this week, it’s his only week off this year, so he wants to make the most of it.

[suspended user]

suspended user

So how many sit ups are you doing in a session? I would have thought you would have worked your way upto around a 100 by now.

Best time to excercise is possibley first thing in a morning before your get properly dressed for the day and start taking in food and fluids. It should only take around an hour at most .

The most I did last Wednesday was 330 sit ups. I’m finding the exercise bike a tad boring lately.

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Mysteron

Your guess is correct, that is exactly what is happening. I'd recommend to forget the toning belts and waist trainers and to do the exercises. Of which the easiest - doable anywhere, including right now in front of the PC -  is to just pull in you belly (imagine pulling your navel to your spine). I could do "before and after" (diet, training program, exercise gadget) pictures in 5 minutes if I had somebody to take the photos.

I suppose "no pain, no gain" is from the 80s, and may seem old fashioned, but in my experience it's still true. If you want to be fit, you need to work for it. And I mean work, not spend the money and have somebody or something do it for you.

As for lingerie sizes: If the plus size bodystockings hang off you, buy smaller ones. If the smaller one is a bit too tight (though as Wildflower says, they are very stretchy), use it as motivation for loosing more weight. I have quite a few items of lingerie which I tried on and thought "this would look really good if only I were slimmer". I kept them for the day when I would be slimmer ;) (Should probably try them one again...) Right now I'm regretting that I didn't buy one of my new dresses a size smaller, for the (hopefully near) future... (my only consolation is that the saleslady said that the dresses can be taken in quite easily a size) My other regret is that yesterday I had to decide that my two favourite, best-fitting, most expensive bras (bought only 10 or so years ago) now definitely are too big  :(

Your body is a work in progress, you need to accept that. Make the best of what it is right now and keep looking forward to what it will be in the future. And there's nothing wrong with preparing for that future, especially when one of the items you desire comes up for sale... (not sure whether I've ever paid full price for anything on LH)

Thanks talia, I know I have a tough road ahead of me. < p> so I emailed my measurements on 24/7 and they were bust 40, waist 42 and hips 49.5, hubbys measured today and bust 38 waist 39 and hips 48

[suspended user]

suspended user

Talias right in what she says. You have to work . When I do a workout I am ending up  flat on the floor  exhausted and soaking with sweat.  If your not getting to that stage then you may have to have a rethink as your not getting the workout that you need. The following day you should be aching in places you havn't ached before and thats why we need rest days as well .

At end of the day the machine will not do the workout for you , you have to make the machine work .

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.