1. Get it off ! Support thread

Bigiain [sign in to see picture]

It's a workout in its own chasing after them and cleaning up around them 😂 good luck to you

Justthe2ofus2007 [sign in to see picture]

I stayed the same . So still 3 stone 8 off, gonna try and work abit harder this week x

Good, think of the positive, it's not a gain! Keep a positive head through it,

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

I stayed the same . So still 3 stone 8 off, gonna try and work abit harder this week x

Think positive. The chances are is that some fat has come off you and been replaced by muscle growth . The fact that your a dress size smaller kind of backs that up .

This is for your information in laymans terms .

When you excercise , you actually stretch your muscle and very lightly damage it in the process.

The body then will react by supplying nutients to that area to repair the damage and as a result the muscle will slightly increase in size. This is the aches you get after excercising and the aches the day after whilst repairing itsef. Thats why many experts recommend a day or 2 of rest to allow the muscles to repair and grow. Another reason for consuming protein as the body uses this to aid growth .I was told all of this by an Instructor friend .

[suspended user]

suspended user

Well I have managed it !

A big milestone reached for me

Drum roll..................................................................................................

I can fit into a pair of 30 inch waisted jeans . They are a tight fit and Mrs M will love them as they are tight around my bum .I was aged 18 when I fitted 30 inch waist trousers.

When I started out on this journey some 5 + years ago , I was wearing 42 inch waist trousers. So in effect I have lost 12 inches from my waist.

Mysteron That is amazing 💪 well done 👍 Hubby is off from Friday, so im hoping he don’t mess with my plan to much.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Mysteron That is amazing 💪 well done 👍 Hubby is off from Friday, so im hoping he don’t mess with my plan to much.

Thanks- Its been really hard work .But things are getting easier now as I understand the science a bit better.

You should be involving him if you can . I am sure he's probably got a couple of pounds he could do with losing .

Mrs M is doing very well and is looking slimmer. She is still some way off what she wants to achieve . With her being tall she wants to look elegant in an evening gown .

She is already getting many more admiriers and some I am having to chase off . I think this is her way of getting her own back ! Lol.

We are also getting many joint admirers who think we look good as a couple .

But I think there is a correlation or link between losing weight,looking better , and confidence.

Mysteron My hubby won’t diet, he works long hours, so he’s just glad to be home. But he now for the first time sees how much this means to me. He knows if he doesn’t I’ll revert back to being fat & miserable and no sex.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

I have just seen the pictures that you have uploaded. I can see a big positve difference. Your definition is coming through.

Missed out support me , opps

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Mysteron My hubby won’t diet, he works long hours, so he’s just glad to be home. But he now for the first time sees how much this means to me. He knows if he doesn’t I’ll revert back to being fat & miserable and no sex.

You can make subtle adjustments in his diet without him noticing . Grilled meat instead of fried. Minced steak instead of mince meat. More chicken instead of red meat. Low fat versions of foods he may like. Plenty to go at.

I make some really nice meals, and he hates them 😂 to him I’m busting my guts for nothing, because he’s not bothered by weight. For me, inside there’s an inner goddess screaming to get out. I want my legs out in dresses, nice lingerie and high heels . He doesn’t see the point, before he wouldn’t support me at all, he’d just order a take away. Now if he has take away, i sort a meal for myself.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Hi guys just thought I would drop in and say I'm maintaining my weight. Although I gained one of the three stones I lost last year, I have maintained at 16st 2 lbs. which is ok, not great but ok. I'm focusing on having good experiences with OH and making good memories for him (and me). So it feels good to be managing my weight.

FL Hats off to you hun, maintaining is the hardest part. Make some fantastic memories my dear. Thinking of you x

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Just a word about muscles and weight fluctuations: Women have a VERY hard time actually building up muscle mass - any weight gains during a wieght-loss diet are much more likely to be caused by water retention due to hormonal changes over the month (or a failed diet, as the case may be). These hormonal changes are the reason why one shouldn't worry about a pound more or less - as Mysteron said, the measurements are more important. Because the muscles won't get bigger, but the layer of fat will get thinner! The good news: Even the belly fat will go in the end. The last three words are the bad news...

I still have some, but it's noticeably less than it used to be (best seen in shoulder stand, where my belly used to try to smother me). The current still hot weather helps to get rid of it - I just cycled 20 miles to fetch my new triathlon shorts from the parcel drop off point. Tomorrow I'll see whether the Skins website is correct and I really can squeeze myself into size S shorts (they are compression shorts, so squeezing is definitely required. I had previously bought a pair in M which I got into reasonbly well, but after the swim they were loose in the waist.)

A website for seeing how much calories a certain type of activity burns: https://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburned.htm Perfect BS - the values suggest an accuracy that's just not warranted (and lots of factors are missing - wind in cycling, for example, and I'm sure the watering is done with a hose and not carrying two 12-l-watering cans around) - but it gives a rough idea.

Thanks talia It’s the belly area that’s my worse part. I’m worried I’ll end up with loose skin.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Justthe2ofus2007 wrote:

Thanks talia It’s the belly area that’s my worse part. I’m worried I’ll end up with loose skin.

Losing weight slowly will minimise your loose skin. You will end up with a little and I have a little and so does Davina McCall..Having a little shouldn't be a problem unless entering into a  body building competition. 

Mysteron I’m just really hating what I see in the mirror 😞

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.