1. Why women wear high heels

zun [sign in to see picture]

Let's discuss this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5693914/

Though it doesn't explain the noise of heels

dave82 [sign in to see picture]

I need to find a new job! How do you get paid to do studies like this :-)

Bearjamin [sign in to see picture]

The link doesn't seem to work from me :(

From what I heard before though, wearing heels points the toes and slims the calves?
    I heels sexy but biologicaly why? I couldn't tell you! Haha.

I'd love to see the article thought if you could manage to re post the link.

I dont know why the link doesn't work. Try one of these, you have to copy and paste it because LH removes links.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5693914/

https://dx.doi.org/10.3389%2Ffpsyg.2017.01875

Google Why Women Wear High Heels: Evolution, Lumbar Curvature, and Attractiveness

Thank you. Turns out on mobile Lovehoney site the links didn't text wrap for some reason so they were extending off the end of the page, meaning I couldn't copy the whole link. Managed to see it on desktop though.

So its all to do with the "optimum attractive lumbar angle is 45.5° [which indicates] (...) fitness benefits, such as being able to sustain multiple pregnancies without suffering spinal injury and being able to forage longer into pregnancy."

Really interesting article actually. Glad they mentioned the calf muscle thing towards the end. Means I didn't just make it up after all! Haha

Yes man [sign in to see picture]

I was always under the impression women wear high heels because it makes their legs look longer and accentuates the shape of their legs. Speaking from a personal point of view this is definitely the case for my OH! She looks god damned sexy in heels for exactly those reasons!
    Oh and she also wears them daily because she is a shorty and she likes the extra height but thats a bonus for her.

Yes man wrote:

I was always under the impression women wear high heels because it makes their legs look longer and accentuates the shape of their legs. Speaking from a personal point of view this is definitely the case for my OH! She looks god damned sexy in heels for exactly those reasons!
    Oh and she also wears them daily because she is a shorty and she likes the extra height but thats a bonus for her.

They actually address this and try and eliminate that variable too. They say, "if long legs are a cue to youth (Sear et al., 2004), men have a preference for such cues in women (Swami et al., 2006; Kiire, 2015) and high heels increase the distance between the floor and the top of the leg, then any heels-attractiveness link could potentially result from these relationships." And then goes on to say they crop the heels out so both before and after photos look the same height, and only difference in lumbar curvature is visible. Also that means that if them men had any attractions to the heels themselves, then that variable is eliminated too, as they aren't visible.
    SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Wearing heels to work gives me confidence, i feel more attractive too

In the past, I wore heels. Not anymore, each time you take a step, your feet on heels make impact and transferred up to your knees. Thats why you get feet and knee problems later on in life.

According to my research if you're wearing heels, go with one that absorbs impact.

LadySpider [sign in to see picture]

I have never worn heels... I've always been a Dr Marten girl...I have several pairs, and still have a pair from when I was 16... so almost 40 years old and been worn to death, but I still love um! I love my New Rock boots and converse too.

This is an interesting read about heels.... http://www.thelist.com/33317/real-reasons-women-wear-heels/

Pierced_n_Spanked [sign in to see picture]

LadySpider wrote:

I've always been a Dr Marten girl...I love my New Rock boots.

Me too! I wear flats most of the time, but I looove heels and have a collection. I love them for a variety of reasons : - extra height - elegant look and dramatic feel - sense of submission in being less able to walk, particularly in really extreme heels
    Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I'm only 5ft 2in so I need all the help I can get !! xx

HawkeyeMatt [sign in to see picture]

I don't know why women wear heels, but can I just say that at 6'7 I really appreciate it when you do!

DreamsOfChi [sign in to see picture]

I wear them because they look hella sexy and drive my Hubby crazy but I only wear them in the bedroom because they tend to throw my hip out (I've had dodgy joints since I was a nipper) and that's not very sexy at all.

Also I am very much a 'princess and the pea' person when it comes to shoes, I only have to glance at a badly fitting pair and I get blisters.

Also I'm really clumsy and I can fall down from a standing start in bare feet so heels are just asking for trouble. Luckily I don't tend to stay on my feet very long when I wear heels in the bedroom anyway ;-) .

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.