99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Regular stocking / hold ups wearers

Bexy [sign in to see picture]

So my sister was surprised the other week to find out that I wear stockings on a very regular basis. It's not something I feel compelled to tell people randomly but I've never hidden the fact either and it doesn't bother me people knowing. However, she thought it was very strange ("you should wear tights if your legs are cold") and didn't believe that this was a very normal thing to do. Personally, I hate tights and always have and hold ups tend not to work with my legs for some reason.

If your friends, family, acquaintances or just random strangers have found out that you're a regular stockings or hold ups wearer, what sort of reactions have you had and have people been surprised? Did you receive compliments or snide / derogatory remarks?

Gigglesandjiggles [sign in to see picture]

I love wearing stockings and hold ups and tights tbh. I wear tights for convenience mostly but much prefer how stockings and suspenders make me feel.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

On the daily I tend to opt for tights, but mostly because I often wear mad coloured tights which you just can't get as stockings, or I'm wearing a skirt that's too short for stockings (for me to be comfortable). 

Having said then when I used to work in an office where we had to wear "proper" office attire, I would always wear stockings and a supender belt as it was more comfortable. I don't remember anyone being snide or judgey - maybe a little surprised - but I was always in retro gear back then so I don't think it was ever shocking that the era of my lingerie matched the era I was displaying with my clothes. 

Bella29 [sign in to see picture]

I’m a jeans kind of girl so I don’t wear stockings on a regular basis, apart from weekends when tights just wont do. I’ve never had anyone show me negativity about what I’m wearing, if anything, friends would possibly find it strange if I was a tights wearer at weekends. My best friend (male) also loves the feel of wearing stockings…who are we to judge. If they make you feel sexy, wear them with pride Bexy!

I have loads of different colour and patterned stockings Jess. If you want details, let me know.

I find stockings with a belt far more comfortable too and if you went for the vintagy look, I guess it wouldn't surprise many people to know that you finished the outfit properly. I bet you looked lovely in a period outfit. I wish I had the time to do that every morning but it's not conducive when you go to the gym before work like I tend to do.

ToGildALily [sign in to see picture]

I try to wear stockings often but sometimes I find tights in a colour or design I can't get in stockings. If a skirt or dress is too short then it is always tights. Some people think it is old fashioned or too "sexy" but it is more comfortable and my fwb loved it when he found out I'm a regular wearer. Nobody has been off about it and if they felt that way they kept quiet about it!

Penny26 [sign in to see picture]

I don't like tights so I wear hold ups, I have got proper stockings and suspenders for play time.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

If I'm wearing a skirt or dress then I always (except when it's blazing hot in the summer) wear stockings or holdups. I feel very uncomfortable in tigths. Virtually everyone who knows me is aware of this and most think it's really sexy.....both males and females xx

Vixenchel [sign in to see picture]

My friends have always known my family do too but they're all open and fine with it.

I wear tights most of the time due to life style but still wear stockings and hold ups at times and I used to wear them regularly for years . also wore to my old jobs as well was only really people who didn't know me who reacted tbh xx

collector [sign in to see picture]

My OH has started to wear a belt to work again as she finds them more comfortable and was sick and tired of continually hoicking up her tights.

She stopped wearing stockings because she could not get a belt that was comfortable enough to wear all day. However, after I failed miserably to convince LH through the pander to me thread to re-stock a six strap high waist belt she found one through another place. And since then has bought a couple more in different colours and also to ensure that one is always handy (ahem) if the other is in the wash.

Just like Jess, she still wears her wacky tights to work every now and then. I guess that stockings are just too serious an apparel for the manufacturers to consider going.... wacky.

Not sure that anyone apart from me is aware of her under apparel. I suspect that it would cause a frown or to due the nature of her work.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I prefer sticking. My mum noticed I was wearing some when I was sat down and my dress rode up a bit too far. She was very negative, but she often puts me down.

Collector. The six strap belt is essentially for daily stocking wear. Not necessarily the prettiest lingerie but far more comfortable and practical than the sort of belts you can buy in most high street shops and from adult shops. I'm glad your OH has found something she's comfortable wearing. I switched to stockings for the precise same reasons she has with her dislike of tights falling down all the time. PS I know a couple of good places that have lots of different colours and patterns of stockings, almost as many as tights. A google search will probably find her some answers.

Purring-Pussy, that's so sad to hear about your mum putting you down re your choice of hosiery and matters generally. You should wear whatever you're comfortable wearing. Out of interest, what did she say about your stockings?

collector [sign in to see picture]

Bexy wrote:

Collector. The six strap belt is essentially for daily stocking wear. Not necessarily the prettiest lingerie

Au contraire. My OH can often hear me growl as she gets dressed for work. I think that the look of a six strap belt is far more sexy than a four. Eight is far too many.

Hands All Over [sign in to see picture]

Am I the only one who finds it kind of interesting that wearing stockings was so normal to wear on a daily basis years and years ago but now it seems to be considered "too erotic" for daily wear? At least, that's what I believe is the case.

Personally I do prefer stockings with a suspender belt over tights because it's so much easier when going to the bathroom AND indeed a lot sexier but most of my skirts are just too short for them. If it would just be an issue of me bending over too far then that would be easily fixed but I notice that my stockings/suspenders themselves also like to slip down when I wear them. So sadly, since the stockings won't stay underneath my hemlines, wearing them on a daily basis is a no-go for me.

I haven't had any remarks on the occassions where I have worn stockings and they peeked out from underneath my hemline yet but I am sure people noticed. Definitely made me feel a little bit uncomfortable as I don't need the entire world to see that, even when people would make positive remarks about them..

Hands All Over, what sort of suspender belts are you wearing if you've having trouble with your belts and stockings slipping down? I have a few belts that don't move at all when I have them on so would recommend trying them if you aren't already using that type.

I tend not to be too worried if I give an accodnet flash of a bit of stocking top or bare thigh, it's just underwear after all and not really any different from a bra strap being seen or a bra showing through a top which is something you can see quite often now.

I've never really had any bad comments either although one woman at work had noticed due to the fact a new skirt I was wearing showed the outline of my suspender belt from behind more than I thought it would have done. My sister is really the only person who has said anything negative that I can think of and even then, I think it was more surprise and that she's rather prudish and equates stockings with sex like you say.

FiE [sign in to see picture]

I only wear tights if my dress or skirt is short. I dont like encasing my bum in layers - i hate full coverage knickers too.

Otherwise it's usually hold ups at work as i tend to wear pencil skirts, although I do feel sexy in a suspender belt with a matching string, so that's what I prefer on a night out (or in lol).

@Bexy mostly suspender belts from a lingerie brand that is quite popular in my country (if not the most popular) with 4 straps. I'm already buying my suspenders belts in a smaller size and putting them up on my waist instead of my hips with the straps as short as they can go but they still seem to have a mind of their own :( I have yet to find a cute suspender belt with 6 straps that is not black and doesn't break the bank..

Hands All Over. I have the same problem in trying to find pretty looking six strap belts but I have two that I'd recommend. One is a pull on one that doesn't have adjustable straps. Googling WKD and suspender will probably take you to it. There's also a brand called Beredita that have a nice lacy belt. They only come in black and white but both are excellent for everyday wear. SHQ is another place that does good six strap belts in tonnes of colours and worth a look.

@Bexy thank you so much for your suggestions! I have made sure to bookmark them, seen some very cute, colored ones already :)!!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.