• Ask the Expert: All Things Lingerie

    1481216592
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    lovingnewtoys wrote:

    Fun Louise wrote:

    Ok so I'm being picky now but in who's world is a size 14-16 a 2xl -3xl? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37137

    Lord - what does that make me???

    I guess its that particular range - but come on guys, talk about give a girl a complex!!

    Xxxx

    Hi Fun Louise and lovingnewtoys, 

    It is a strange sizing system with the Casmir items, I agree! Unfortunately, every brand defines SM/L/XL differently, and it seems that their designs run on the small side, hence the sizing. 

    Thanks, 

    Sammi

    1481234938
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4618
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2016

    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

    lovingnewtoys wrote:

    Fun Louise wrote:

    Ok so I'm being picky now but in who's world is a size 14-16 a 2xl -3xl? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37137

    Lord - what does that make me???

    I guess its that particular range - but come on guys, talk about give a girl a complex!!

    Xxxx

    Hi Fun Louise and lovingnewtoys,

    It is a strange sizing system with the Casmir items, I agree! Unfortunately, every brand defines SM/L/XL differently, and it seems that their designs run on the small side, hence the sizing.

    Thanks,

    Sammi

    Thanks for the reply, but surely as a company they must realise they run the risk of alienating a huge number potential customers.

    Not your issue I know, but could be worth feeding back to them xxx

    1481364307
    Theatreman [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 14
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2016

    Many thanks we will give it a go

    1481460740
    Theatreman [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 14
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2016

    Also, do love honey sell suspender straps? One of my OH's outfits has lost all 4 suspenders straps, they've come unhooked and we can't find them.

    1481544422
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    lovingnewtoys wrote:

    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

    lovingnewtoys wrote:

    Fun Louise wrote:

    Ok so I'm being picky now but in who's world is a size 14-16 a 2xl -3xl? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37137

    Lord - what does that make me???

    I guess its that particular range - but come on guys, talk about give a girl a complex!!

    Xxxx

    Hi Fun Louise and lovingnewtoys,

    It is a strange sizing system with the Casmir items, I agree! Unfortunately, every brand defines SM/L/XL differently, and it seems that their designs run on the small side, hence the sizing.

    Thanks,

    Sammi

    Thanks for the reply, but surely as a company they must realise they run the risk of alienating a huge number potential customers.

    Not your issue I know, but could be worth feeding back to them xxx

    Hi lovingnewtoys, 

    I'll definitely pass it onto our buying team to consider with future products from this supplier.

    Thanks!

    Sammi

    1481544785
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    Theatreman wrote:

    Also, do love honey sell suspender straps? One of my OH's outfits has lost all 4 suspenders straps, they've come unhooked and we can't find them.

    Hi Theatreman, 

    We don't sell individual suspender straps, I'm afraid. Are you able to use any from other lingerie sets that your OH has?

    Thanks,

    Sammi

    1481808088
    glittergirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 279
    • Joined: 12 Aug 2011

    I have brought so many items of lingerie plus size i have large boobs even for plus size im alway stuffing my self in lol but love the lingerie so i do it. I was wondering if you will match cup sizes to you lingerie please i keep reading reviews on small cups and it is everytime in my case. Im bigger girl with even bigger boobies haha

    1481893212
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    glittergirl wrote:

    I have brought so many items of lingerie plus size i have large boobs even for plus size im alway stuffing my self in lol but love the lingerie so i do it. I was wondering if you will match cup sizes to you lingerie please i keep reading reviews on small cups and it is everytime in my case. Im bigger girl with even bigger boobies haha

    Hi glittergirl, 

    Thanks for your question. This is something that comes up quite regularly - as you can see even from other posts on this thread, we have requests from some people for larger cups in plus size lingerie, while others are requesting smaller cups as plus size dress doesn't always equal plus size boobs.

    Unfortunately, for both base size and plus size women, bust size doesn't always match up neatly with dress size, which can be a real struggle when it comes to creating lingerie! Our Lovehoney Lingerie designer always tries to make our lingerie as flexible as possible (with stretch materials/adjustable straps/lacing and ties), but, sadly, not every style will fit every person the same way.

    If you are struggling with the cups on the plus size lingerie, I'd suggest choosing styles without underwiring or padding. While soft cup lingerie doesn't always give enough support for day-to-day wear, it's a lot more flexible than lingerie with moulded or underwired cups, meaning it can comfortably fit a wider range of bust sizes for bedroom wear.

    Thanks, 

    Sammi

    1481902229
    We88er [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 19
    • Joined: 13 Dec 2016

    Glittergirl don't put your self down like that you look amazing and don't let anyone tell you any different xx

    1481936826
    glittergirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 279
    • Joined: 12 Aug 2011

    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

    glittergirl wrote:

    I have brought so many items of lingerie plus size i have large boobs even for plus size im alway stuffing my self in lol but love the lingerie so i do it. I was wondering if you will match cup sizes to you lingerie please i keep reading reviews on small cups and it is everytime in my case. Im bigger girl with even bigger boobies haha

    Hi glittergirl,

    Thanks for your question. This is something that comes up quite regularly - as you can see even from other posts on this thread, we have requests from some people for larger cups in plus size lingerie, while others are requesting smaller cups as plus size dress doesn't always equal plus size boobs.

    Unfortunately, for both base size and plus size women, bust size doesn't always match up neatly with dress size, which can be a real struggle when it comes to creating lingerie! Our Lovehoney Lingerie designer always tries to make our lingerie as flexible as possible (with stretch materials/adjustable straps/lacing and ties), but, sadly, not every style will fit every person the same way.

    If you are struggling with the cups on the plus size lingerie, I'd suggest choosing styles without underwiring or padding. While soft cup lingerie doesn't always give enough support for day-to-day wear, it's a lot more flexible than lingerie with moulded or underwired cups, meaning it can comfortably fit a wider range of bust sizes for bedroom wear.

    Thanks,

    Sammi

    thank you for that advice sammi i will definitely keep that in mind for my next purchase think it will help alot x
    1481936956
    glittergirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 279
    • Joined: 12 Aug 2011

    We88er wrote:

    Glittergirl don't put your self down like that you look amazing and don't let anyone tell you any different xx

    that's very kind of you thank you
    1481982224
    Theatreman [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 14
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2016

    Unfortunately they are stockings that need suspenders, we are after hold ups!

    1482246303
    Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6388
    • Joined: 30 Mar 2015

    Hi Sammi, I'm a dress size 18-20 (nearer 20 ) at present, but I have 38F/FF bust.

    Im looking at this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37026

    Is there a difference in the bust/cup size between the 1x/2x and the 3x/4x?

    Im planning on losing some weight in the new year and don't want the body to be too big if I choose the larger size, or the cup to be too small. Any guidence is welcome. Thanks

    1482400036
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    Theatreman wrote:

    Unfortunately they are stockings that need suspenders, we are after hold ups!

    Hi Theatreman, 

    At the moment, we don't have any nude and black seamed hold-ups, but we do have several pairs of black seamed hold-ups, such as these ones

    Thanks, 

    Sammi

    1482400343
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    Fun Louise wrote:

    Hi Sammi, I'm a dress size 18-20 (nearer 20 ) at present, but I have 38F/FF bust.

    Im looking at this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37026

    Is there a difference in the bust/cup size between the 1x/2x and the 3x/4x?

    Im planning on losing some weight in the new year and don't want the body to be too big if I choose the larger size, or the cup to be too small. Any guidence is welcome. Thanks

    Hi Fun Louise, 

    The 1x/2x has an overbust measurement of 40-46 inches, with the 3x/4x measuring 46-50 inches, so there is quite a substantial difference between the cups on the two. With this and your cup size in mind, I'd suggest the 1X/2X over the larger size, particularly if you think your size will be changing slightly. 

    Thanks!

    Sammi

    1482720208
    laitao [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 2
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2016

    hello

    1482863069
    VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1195
    • Joined: 25 Jun 2014

    Evening Sammi! Sorry if this has been asked already but are we getting this in the blue?

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36215

    1482916050
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    VioletWolf wrote:

    Evening Sammi! Sorry if this has been asked already but are we getting this in the blue?

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36215

    Hi VioletWolf, 

    Thanks for your question. We're not bringing this in in blue at the moment, but it could be a future colourway!

    Thanks, 

    Sammi

    1482917903
    JoCat [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 1
    • Joined: 8 Jun 2014

    Hi
    Dressing up for myself & a man is something that always appealed to me but my ex & my fwb were not interested. I've found someone new who is very interested in seeing me dressed up (yay!) Problem is, I don't have much & I don't really know where to start! I have these amazing fishnet stockings with a stud line up the back of my legs, but can't seem to find anything that would work with it. Lace & satin don't really go with them or at least not what I have. I am about a UK size 18-20 in most things, big boobs that need support so a decent cup & support is a must. I had bought a basque but the cup was way too small & the straps were too far towards my arm pits to offer any sort of support & a bra just took away the look of it :( I would like something simple, sexy & not too slutty just yet to ease myself in without it being too scary... any ideas? Thanks

    1482922086
    Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 113
    • Joined: 1 Oct 2015

    Hi JoCat, 

    Thanks for your question. Sounds like a chemise might work better than a basque for you, as they often have soft cups, which makes them more flexible when it comes to fitting larger busts. Many are also underwired, or feature deeper underbust bands for extra support.

    The Adore Me chemise could be just what you're looking for, as the underbust band and wide shoulder straps gives comfy support without wiring, and it comes with suspender straps for those amazing stockings of yours, too! Plus, because it's made of microfibre with just a few lace accents, it'll show off the fishnet really well, and it's the right blend of sexy enough to wow both you and your partner, while still keeping you feeling comfortable. 

    Hope that's some help!

    Thanks, 

    Sammi

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.