• Ask the Expert: All Things Lingerie

JamJamin [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sam,

My OH and I have bought some underwear for him and though they feel and look great there's a problem.... My OH's pretty large and if he's even a bit aroused then there isn't enough space in the underwear for it all! Are there any ranges or anything that might be better for him? Any help would be great thanks!!

JamJamin [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sam,

My OH and I have bought some underwear for him and though they feel and look great there's a problem.... My OH's pretty large and if he's even a bit aroused then there isn't enough space in the underwear for it all! Are there any ranges or anything that might be better for him? Any help would be great thanks!!

Iwish [sign in to see picture]

Hi sammi I was thinking of purchasing the love honey indulge me underwired babydoll for my wife she is a large 16 so I was wondering do I go for the 14/16 large or maybe go to the smallest plus size what would you suggest

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Iwish wrote:

Hi sammi I was thinking of purchasing the love honey indulge me underwired babydoll for my wife she is a large 16 so I was wondering do I go for the 14/16 large or maybe go to the smallest plus size what would you suggest

Jumping in a bit here.

I would go with the larger personally.

Or

Get both and return the one that doesn't fit.

Xxx

Iwish [sign in to see picture]

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Iwish wrote:

Jumping in a bit here.

Or

Xxx

Is that from experience I saw your pics and it looks hot.

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Iwish wrote:

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Iwish wrote:

Jumping in a bit here.

Or

Xxx

Is that from experience I saw your pics and it looks hot.

It truly is a lovely piece.

Here is my review which may be of some help to you

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36360&reviewpage=1#customer_reviews

Hope the link works.

Xxxx

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole [sign in to see picture]

RubyDarling wrote:

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

RubyDarling wrote:

Hello Sammi!

Which stockings or hold ups would you recommend for me that would be the same size/length as these? http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21305

I bought a pair recently and I absolutely adore them. They are the perfect length for my short legs. I wanted to buy more pairs but they are now sold out and discontinued...

I tried the Lovehoney sheer hold ups (these ones: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32645 ) but they are too high on my thigh, they reach just under my bum which can be handy wih a short skirt but isn't very sexy with a suspender belt for example... so I definitely need some shorter ones, like the pair on the first link I posted, their length is exactly what I need!

Thanks for your help

Hi RubyDarling,

Thanks for your question. Can I ask what height and dress size you are?

But for starters, brand-wise, for shorter legs I'd advise against Leg Avenue, Classified, and Gabriella, as they tend to make quite long stockings.

Thanks,

Sammi

Hi Sammi, thanks for your reply!

I am 5'3" and a size 8, I usually have no problem with the size of the stockings, they stay up well, it's really the length that is a problem as I have short legs, they reach very high on my leg, usually just below my bum.

Hi RubyDarling, 

Based on your height, I'd definitely recommend these: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31661, as they tend to sit further down the leg than many of our other stockings. 

Hope that's some help!

Thanks, 

Sammi

Talia wrote:

Lovehoney - Sammi Cole wrote:

Also, the name change is down to a new way of naming our lingerie collections that we're trialling at the moment.

Thanks for your answer, I'll head over to the Suggestions Thread. As for the name change - whereas I can see that you might run out of "seductive", snappy verbs - "Underwired Front-Fastening Satin Basque" is quite a mouthful and difficult to remember (plus nearly all basques are underwired, besides, for me the defining criteria of the Spoil Me Range was the racerback) and IMHO that's not the way to go either...

Hi Talia,

Thanks for your suggestions. With the names, it tends to be the words that are used in the title that help to drive search results when people are buying lingerie online, so really, they're more about helping people to find the right lingerie for them.

Plus, there are a lot of customers out there who don't necessarily know what a basque is right off the bat, so by adding the word 'underwired', it's immediately obvious that this is a supportive lingerie style. 

Thanks, 

Sammi

JamJamin wrote:

Hi Sam,

Hi JamJamin, 

Thanks for your question - that sounds like quite the dilemma!

I'd definitely recommend looking for styles with a high elastane or spandex content, as they're a lot stretchier. Our LHM boxers could be just what you need, as they're cut much more like day-to-day boxers than some of the other brands we stock, which gives a bit more coverage, and are really stretchy.

Alternatively, have you considered something with a fastening to the front, like these? That could be a quick (and sexy!) way to get around the... uh... sizing issue!

Hope that's some help!

Thanks,

Sammi

Iwish wrote:

Hi Iwish, 

I'd agree with LNT - if your wife's at the larger end of the 14/16 size range of our Large option, sizing up to the 1X/2X would probably be most comfortable for her. 

Thanks, 

Sammi

HornyHousewife90 [sign in to see picture]

I would love to wear the beautiful lingerie from love honey but my bust is just too big so I'm always missing out :( at 32L it's just not fair 😭 I wish there were more options for us bigger busted ladies

Naughtybad [sign in to see picture]

Hi, love your lingerie but would you consider a pastel range? Pale pink, baby blue, mint green, lilac, coffee etc would be absolutely gorgeous!

Baise_moi [sign in to see picture]

Hey, was hoping for some advice on stockings.
    I'm 4ft 10, with chunky thighs so always stick to plus size stockings. Issue is they always come right up to my crotch/bum leaving absolutely no leg on show.

Any idea how I can over come this? Or ideas on how to get the right length? Petite stocking don't seem to exist.

Thanks

HornyHousewife90 wrote:

I would love to wear the beautiful lingerie from love honey but my bust is just too big so I'm always missing out :( at 32L it's just not fair 😭 I wish there were more options for us bigger busted ladies

Hi HornyHousewife90,

Thanks for your comment. As mentioned in previous posts in this thread, in the past, we have tried stocking bras in larger cup sizes, but unfortunately the number of sales were very low, and being an ever-expanding business with increasingly limited space, we have to stock items which we know will sell and justify their space.

If you add your request to the 'Pander to Me' thread, however, then our Buying team will be able to see your request for future reference.

Thanks, 

Sammi

Baise_moi wrote:

Hey, was hoping for some advice on stockings.
    I'm 4ft 10, with chunky thighs so always stick to plus size stockings. Issue is they always come right up to my crotch/bum leaving absolutely no leg on show.

Any idea how I can over come this? Or ideas on how to get the right length? Petite stocking don't seem to exist.

Thanks

Hi Baise_moi, 

Thanks for your question. I'd definitely recommend Seven 'til Midnight plus size stockings for shorter legs, as they tend to sit lower on the leg than other brands. I'd say it's best to avoid Leg Avenue, Classified, and Gabriella, as they tend to be quite a lot longer. 

Alternatively, although we now no longer stock them, Kix'ies are a great brand as their hold-ups are sized by height and thigh width rather than dress size. You can find them here

There have been quite a few questions on stocking recommendations for more petite frames in this thread, so do have a look at some of the past posts to see some of my other recommendations.

Thanks, 

Sammi

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sammi

As ive recently lost a bit of weight, i am now 12.3stones, 5ft2, bust 36E and my size 16 jeans are loose on me now. Do you think I am plus size or regular? Thanks!

🐼

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Hi Sammi

As ive recently lost a bit of weight, i am now 12.3stones, 5ft2, bust 36E and my size 16 jeans are loose on me now. Do you think I am plus size or regular? Thanks!

🐼

Hi SquirtyPanda, 

Thanks for your question! The truth is, it really depends on a few factors, including:

a) which brand you're buying

b) where you tend to carry your weight

c) which style you're buying

A size 16 usually fits into the base sizes anyway, so the fact that your jeans are loose would suggest that you're below the plus size threshold. However, the fit between lingerie and jeans is often quite different! I would suggest, however, that with a 36E bust, plus-size cups will give you a better fit than base-size items.

Thanks, 

Sammi

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.