• Important Announcement: Erotic Fiction Closing

Alastor [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Stephanie wrote:

Hi Alastor,

No rules are being changed here, you can still post links to things as long as they aren't illegal, competitor sites or advertising, and as long as they are relevant to the topic and not spam :)

Stephanie

Pretty much all blog references are effectively 'advertising', but they are not advertising anything commercial, and having them in one place obviates spam.

My worry is that sites like Literotica provide erotica for people to enjoy and Lovehoney [] also sell erotica and that might class as 'competition' and thus more problematic 'advertising'.

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Thats great to know we can get bloggers links

Stephh1170 [sign in to see picture]

It is a shame but understandable. The time to moderate the submissions must have been significant.

Stephh1170 wrote:

It is a shame but understandable. The time to moderate the submissions must have been significant.

It might seem so, but it would be interesting to know the 'words per week' count compared to other sections that are much busier. However, I can see that the erotic fiction might tend towards 'dead space' (wrt to encouraging people to extend their purchases) more than (eg) advice-oriented threads, and they do seem to need some space on the database.

I would have thought that, like most of the forum, the threads would be 'self flagging' if something truly problematic arises, bescause people comment and report rapidly. It is entirely possible that problematic items may have been removed before I saw them, but I cannot recall any advocation or description of anything illegal in the fiction (bar sex in public areas which also gets discussed elsewhere).

In terms of the existing rules, I don't recall to-and-fro flirting, and it seems the most likely area of concern might be the explicit content using obscene language. Anyway, if it allows the staff to improve service still further and keep the other forum benefits intact the I guess it is a worthwhile sacrifice, no matter how annoying I personally find it.

mrsdivine69 [sign in to see picture]

I don't spend as much time on here as I once did. However, I always check out the erotica when I do have time to log on. People have posted some very sensual stories. I have especially enjoyed Mary Kitty Cat's and Alastor's contributions.

I am shaking my head with sorrow. Such a shame for all the talented people who have taken the time to write and contribute and also for the members who appreciated their efforts.

It really is sad that this forum is being closed :(

Stephanie [sign in to see picture]

Links to Literotica are also fine :)

As I said, erotic fiction writers are more than welcome to put links to their writing on our thread dedicated to LH community bloggers, but there's also no reason we couldn't have a separate thread dedicated to LH community erotic fiction blogs/links, to keep them separate from blogs dedicated to sex toy reviews and such.

That would be one way of keeping everything in one place without us having to moderate for explicit language.

LadyS [sign in to see picture]

I think that sounds like a good idea Stephanie :) I did wonder if the erotica blogs may get a little lost in the blog thread, with them probably being in the minority I would imagine.

Ave atque vale. Morituri te salutant.

johnmax [sign in to see picture]

Totally agree with this.

chunkyg [sign in to see picture]

That's a real shame and slightly disappointing. I understand that LH is a business and businesses have to control costs but my observation of this site is it attracts a lot of first timers to the world of internet sex.

Therefore those first timers are potentially going to miss out on new horizons in the form of Erotic Literature / Real Life stories / Fantasies.

I also understand there are many other sites out there but the sheer volume of newbies and people wanting to learn is what sets LH apart.

I think LH are missing an opportunity and only time will tell what the opportunity cost of not having it will be. Don't forget many newbies rolling up here would have been first exposed to erotic "literature" by the 50 shades..........I guess that was quite successful!

Things change, things move on & decisions are always agreed with!

capricorn13 [sign in to see picture]

I will miss the fantastic stories. I hope the very gifted writers find an alternative outlet for their talents.

capricorn13 wrote:

I will miss the fantastic stories. I hope the very gifted writers find an alternative outlet for their talents.

LadyS's stories are now here:

http://www.eroticreflections.co.uk/

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

Working on a load of new ones for my eyes only though.

kittencub wrote:

Working on a load of new ones for my eyes only though.

We could try twisting your arm...

...or asking Peter to do it.

Alastor wrote:

capricorn13 wrote:

LadyS's stories are now here:

http://www.eroticreflections.co.uk/

Thanks for the link, Al. I have added it to my favourites. Do you have a site for yours?

Not as yet. Debating between trying Literotica or trying to set up my own like the talented LadyS.

Thanks for the advertising Al, what would I do without you, lol

Alastor wrote:

Not as yet. Debating between trying Literotica or trying to set up my own like the talented LadyS.

Al, your stories are classier than many on literotica, in my opinion. Just keep us posted what you decide so we can continue to read your wonderful creations.

Maybe I should try to sneak through LadyS's backdoor...

(Oo-er missus!)

Cheeky! Maybe I should consider a guest author page, i would give your submissions a fair chance with all other applicants :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.