• Other sex toy websites

    1306357833
    suze9 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 371
    • Joined: 5 Feb 2009

    BashfulBabe wrote:

    One thing that I don't like about the product photos here is the pop-up window for making them larger. Some of the items get the picture clipped to fit in the screen, so by looking at the enlarged version, some part is lost. It's especially frustrating if it's a lingerie item, where I might want to see the detailing on the hem or some such, but can't 'zoom in' without chopping the bit I want off. Then there's the fact that the alternative images are selected by a mouseover, rather than a click, since I'm a bit spazz-handed, and wil sometimes spend several minutes getting the image I want up, only to jerk slightly and make a different one pop up.

    For a better zoom function (IMO), sites like Bravissimo.com do it nicely: no pop-up, and you can control where you're focusing in on. Don't have an example of a click-to-select site, but that's fairly self-explanitory.

    This I find very annoying as it normally cuts off a fair bit of the item, book of the month has been very poor off late too, I dont want sex tips I want a good hot read :)

    1306358002
    SnL [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 196
    • Joined: 12 Feb 2011

    When I read the ruler idea, I intially thought it was good.

    However, you have the problem of perspective. Depending on how the photograph is taken, the proportion would vary.

    A customer might not know a size of an inch (at this point you're probably thinking aha a ruler). If you took a close up shot of a product with a ruler next to it, an inch may look like 50mm long when in reality it's 25.4mm. You're still either roughly guessing the size or you're going to have to get a ruler to roughly know how big it's going to be in your hands.

    Using a dummy credit card is better to use for scale because it's an universal standard size. Subconsciously in the customers' mind they have immediately guessed a more acurate scale of size in their mind because majority of people have and use credit cards, and if they still need to figure out the size they will always know where their credit card is unlike a ruler. It's much easier on a customer's sore head.

    Also, why haven't other retailers used rulers in their photographs before?

    1306359285
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    SnL wrote:

    When I read the ruler idea, I intially thought it was good.

    However, you have the problem of perspective. Depending on how the photograph is taken, the proportion would vary.

    A customer might not know a size of an inch (at this point you're probably thinking aha a ruler). If you took a close up shot of a product with a ruler next to it, an inch may look like 50mm long when in reality it's 25.4mm. You're still either roughly guessing the size or you're going to have to get a ruler to roughly know how big it's going to be in your hands.

    Using a dummy credit card is better to use for scale because it's an universal standard size. Subconsciously in the customers' mind they have immediately guessed a more acurate scale of size in their mind because majority of people have and use credit cards, and if they still need to figure out the size they will always know where their credit card is unlike a ruler. It's much easier on a customer's sore head.

    Also, why haven't other retailers used rulers in their photographs before?

    This is actually a very good point. Makes sense, I had never though of it like that before.

    1306360807
    Ellipsis [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 52
    • Joined: 23 May 2011

    SnL wrote:

    Using a dummy credit card is better to use for scale because it's an universal standard size. Subconsciously in the customers' mind they have immediately guessed a more acurate scale of size in their mind because majority of people have and use credit cards, and if they still need to figure out the size they will always know where their credit card is unlike a ruler. It's much easier on a customer's sore head.

    Also, why haven't other retailers used rulers in their photographs before?

    The answer to that question lies in the paragraph above it. A ruler displays differently depending upon both the screen and picture resolution, which isn't really helpful, a universally familiar sized item as you suggest is a far more helpful visual cue because irrespective of the size it displays on either a 15" or 27" screen, the person seeing it will know how big it is. With a ruler pic, they'd need to have a real ruler to hand and then scale in their mind.

    1306361991
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1827
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    i'm happy with lovehoney.

    I have used other websites because i needed some extra large condoms and they were cheaper and did the smaller packs that LH didn't do at the time.

    there's not much that i would change really. everything that i need is in lovehoney allready and i don't mind any of the layouts

    1306366236
    Pixieking [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 597
    • Joined: 31 Aug 2010

    The only website that I think is ahead of LH is Edenfantasys, but mainly Edenfantasys is better because it has a huge range of products that probably aren't easy to get over here, or are so expensive or limited that it might not be worth even stocking them in the UK. They also tend to stock all the colours or forms of toys that they have in stock, such as the funfactory toys. They also have a pretty rocking review programme which might not be easy to replicate considering how big the American market is.

    One thing I like about Edenfantasys is that they allow video reviews to be up-loaded. Unfortunately I can't do video reviews because I have a shared house that invariable has someone else in, but I would love LH to have some video reviews alongside the product vids. =)

    Overall though I think LH is literally amazing. I haven't bought a toy from another site because I trust you guys so much.

    1306378899
    CatCrazy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 1
    • Joined: 19 May 2011

    I really enjoy using Love Honey, it feels friendly, safe and welcoming - not tacky or skeezy like a lot of site you might come across.

    One thing I have noticed is that while LH carries a large selection of toys, they don't have as much as some other stores, at least in some respects. I know the LH doesn't carry all of the toys in the Icicles line, which is rather dissapointing, as I really like their glas toys, and I'm sure there are others, but on the other hand, they do carry many toys that other sites might not, as well as a wonderful selection of other goodies. They also don't have all the colors that the toys come in, which I found rather dissapointing actually - I really want the Lelo Alia in Black!!!

    There's something about Eden Fantasy's that is also pretty great, aside from their wider selection of toys. I haven't bought anything from them yet though, as their prices are also fairly steep, but they carry a larger selection of toys, have more search options, and a lovely site layout. It might be nice for LH to implement more of their browsing/search options; for example, being able to search for a toy based on its function (vibrating, rotating, pulsating, etc.) material, texture, lenght, etc.

    There is also another store online called Black Label Sex toys wich is a luxury sex toy retailer, and I'd say it blows away every site I've seen in terms of website design and quality. Their selection is very slim though, and limited to only high-end brands, but it's a beautiful website that makes you just want to go through it and drool over the expensive toys. They toys are generally more expensive, and I haven't bought anything from them either (and don't plan to...). The site does have a very interesting feature though: the "hide" feature that links you to a screenshot of an Office Excel spreadsheet! Might be handy if you're being naughty at work!

    I certainly can't complain about LH, the community, and especially the service (even from way overseas!) but there are still some other sites out there that have more to offer or different things to offer. Generally, I prefer LH for browsing through toys, I go to Eden Fantasy's to look at their promotions and see if there are any interesting sales (because I'm cheap-o) and then if there's something in particular that I really really want, I occasionally go to Amazon and order the item there for a low price.

    1306399375
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2143
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    CatCrazy wrote:

    I really enjoy using Love Honey, it feels friendly, safe and welcoming - not tacky or skeezy like a lot of site you might come across.

    One thing I have noticed is that while LH carries a large selection of toys, they don't have as much as some other stores, at least in some respects. I know the LH doesn't carry all of the toys in the Icicles line, which is rather dissapointing, as I really like their glas toys, and I'm sure there are others, but on the other hand, they do carry many toys that other sites might not, as well as a wonderful selection of other goodies. They also don't have all the colors that the toys come in, which I found rather dissapointing actually - I really want the Lelo Alia in Black!!!

    There's something about Eden Fantasy's that is also pretty great, aside from their wider selection of toys. I haven't bought anything from them yet though, as their prices are also fairly steep, but they carry a larger selection of toys, have more search options, and a lovely site layout. It might be nice for LH to implement more of their browsing/search options; for example, being able to search for a toy based on its function (vibrating, rotating, pulsating, etc.) material, texture, lenght, etc.

    There is also another store online called Black Label Sex toys wich is a luxury sex toy retailer, and I'd say it blows away every site I've seen in terms of website design and quality. Their selection is very slim though, and limited to only high-end brands, but it's a beautiful website that makes you just want to go through it and drool over the expensive toys. They toys are generally more expensive, and I haven't bought anything from them either (and don't plan to...). The site does have a very interesting feature though: the "hide" feature that links you to a screenshot of an Office Excel spreadsheet! Might be handy if you're being naughty at work!

    I certainly can't complain about LH, the community, and especially the service (even from way overseas!) but there are still some other sites out there that have more to offer or different things to offer. Generally, I prefer LH for browsing through toys, I go to Eden Fantasy's to look at their promotions and see if there are any interesting sales (because I'm cheap-o) and then if there's something in particular that I really really want, I occasionally go to Amazon and order the item there for a low price.

    I agree with the glass toy comment, I did think of it yesterday but thought I might have been acting like a pain. There are a few Icicle glass toys I would love to see on LH because they are very pretty and the grooves look different to the glass toys already stocked.

    Also I'm with Sweetlove in regards to condoms. Cheaper and more pack sizes would be great. Espically for me I tend to go else were for condoms as I need non latex ones and can get through a lot in a week, but LH charge too much for me to beable to afford them, also the selection isn't overly great for them.

    1306421971
    Tupperwareheart [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 199
    • Joined: 2 Jun 2010

    I agree with the condoms comment. I like to think i'm quite loyal to Lovehoney - the fantastic customer services, return policy and the community here outweigh the slight price difference for me when shopping for toys. LH gives me security when purchasing that if i don't like something i can return it, so i'm happy to pay a little more for that priviledge.

    However with condoms and lube.. I'm another latex free user, and i only buy organic lube so the expense is very important here. Until now i've always carried on buying these from LH along with my toys but i just can't afford it anymore when i can go through a box a week- i can get the condoms i use for half the price they are here, and the lube is actually cheaper to buy directly from the manufacturer.

    So i guess i'm saying price is a big issue with the essential products, but when it comes down to toys i think Lovehoney is perfect.

    1306488004
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1326
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    *furiously scribbling notes*

    Any more insights, on anything at all from your experience?

    1306498917
    Lovehoney - Bonny [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 758
    • Joined: 1 Nov 2007

    TheKittyKat wrote:

    I agree with a lot of what's been said, especially in relation to a luxury DotD.

    The only thing I would add, and perhaps it's just me, but there are times when I'd like to see everything in a category as I'm really not sure what I'd like. For example, I was looking at the erotic books section yesterday and wanted to browse through all the erotic books, not narrow it down to fiction or short stories immediately. Does that make sense?

    Hiya - this is not perhaps immediately obvious but it is there - On the home page of the Erotic Book Category it shows a four way of New sexy reading - below that is a small link that says See all Erotic books when you click that link it takes you to a page featuring ALL Books regardless of category. You can then sort within by newest, popularity, reviews etc. Something similar is available on other pages but shown in different ways. For example you can view ALL Vibrators by clicking on the Best Sellers link on the vibrators home page. I love this view as I can see in one glance the current bestselling vibrators.

    1307026427
    sharry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 396
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2011

    I've bought a couple of 'Sex Toys' versions of the grab bag and have been a little disappointed with them compared to LH's. Their dispatch was fast although for some reason the arrival time seems to be less prompt than LH's as well. They do offer 20% discount on anything you buy within 14 days of your last order which is better but there's something a little sleazy about their site that I don't like, the forum doesn't have the same community feel either. On the whole they aren't really any cheaper than LH (other than the 20% discount) but more than that, even though they seem to have the same return policy if you're unhappy with your purchase, I don't feel they would live up to their claims. Nothing concrete, but I did write a bad review for a product and it never made it on to the reviews last I checked. I asked why and was told that bad reviews went to the purchasing dept first to look at and decide what to do with the product.

    LH is certainly my prefered company. Not only for their generosity with testers but the feel of the website and the service seems more friendly and profesional.

    1307027130
    lilmadam92 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 85
    • Joined: 2 Apr 2010

    LH is always my preferred website. The customer service is beyond amazing and the prices are usually so competitive. However, when it comes to the more expensive toys, such as the We-Vibe 2 that we are currently shopping for, we recently found it on Bondara for nearly £10 cheaper! I'm now torn between ordering it on there but then my loyalty to the lovely LH!

    However, perhaps I should block LH from my browser as it definitely swallows up so much of my pay cheque! haha

    1307027510
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    sharry wrote:

    I've bought a couple of 'Sex Toys' versions of the grab bag and have been a little disappointed with them compared to LH's. Their dispatch was fast although for some reason the arrival time seems to be less prompt than LH's as well.

    I've found this. I haven't bought anything from them but when I've had the odd tester (which I've given up on because although they let you ask for what type of toy you want to test, they somehow manage to send you something completely unsuited to you so you can't test it properly which seemed like a waste of postage, their money and my time - I also don't like that they seem to encourage really short and really vague reviews which seems like a pointless exercise!) it seems to take forever, whereas I know my tester from Lh will arrive first thing tomorrow!

    Lh seem to have the testing spot on - they send something you can get on with and suits you so you can thoroughly test it and they encourage detailed reviews. The Lh review system is second to none - there is so much useful information held in the reviews!

    I'll never buy something from Sex Toys because their postage is just so slow and I'm used to the speediness of Lh!

    Adx

    1307029044
    sharry [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 396
    • Joined: 18 Jan 2011

    Alicia D'amore wrote:

    I also don't like that they seem to encourage really short and really vague reviews which seems like a pointless exercise!) it seems to take forever, whereas I know my tester from Lh will arrive first thing tomorrow!

    Lh seem to have the testing spot on - they send something you can get on with and suits you so you can thoroughly test it and they encourage detailed reviews. The Lh review system is second to none - there is so much useful information held in the reviews!

    I'll never buy something from Sex Toys because their postage is just so slow and I'm used to the speediness of Lh!

    Adx

    Totally agree. It really makes a difference to have good reviews to read. With LH you also get to see what other kinds of toys the reviewer has tried so you know that if you have the same toy chances are you'll have a common reference point.

    1307031347
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    sharry wrote:

    Totally agree. It really makes a difference to have good reviews to read. With LH you also get to see what other kinds of toys the reviewer has tried so you know that if you have the same toy chances are you'll have a common reference point.

    It's great - you can find a lingerie reviewer with a similar body size/shape to you and know their reviews help or you can know they have similar tastes to you (or problems) and the forums really help too - I've had at least two people contact me to tell me "I tried this toy and it would be perfect for you" which is just amazing!

    Adx

    1343423777
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    Not sure if Numbers is still interested in this thread but I have this suggestion:

    Some forums offers a couples type account where you can both use the account and put that you are a couple. I have noticed that quite a few couples that use Lovehoney put both people on one account. It would be nice if there was a she is .... and he is.... or he/he or she/she etc.

    I also use other websites for some lingerie, especially boned corset and even the plastic boned ones.

    1343424358
    Chamelian [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 41
    • Joined: 24 Aug 2011

    I have looked at other websites when searching for toys and as you say you are nominally more expensive but I always end up buying from LH.. 1. because of the customer service, 2. Because I don't want my details on loads of toy sites really.

    Would love if you had a recommended by a friend reward system as have had at least 3 friends join you recently, as Lh usually ends up as top topic in the pub!!

    Slight niggle - I find that the loyalty points pages a bind having to troll thru everything - could you put a search bit on that or could we just use points on the general pages??

    Beyond that niggle am LH loyal and wish the rest of the marketing world had customer services like you, if the sex industry ever goes tits (lol) up, please please please go into teaching customer sevice to the world.

    1343425332
    Nymeria [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1000
    • Joined: 26 Mar 2010

    I don't know how feasible it is for Lovehoney's lingerie section but on this other clothing site- I loved how the product image picture contained the details of the model (bust, waist, hips) measurement and stated which size they were wearing. I think this will be very helpful in deciding what garments to choose and what will fit.

    Also, if there was a comment section to the reviews so that buyers' can ask for mor information or clarification.

    I echo with the others for the corset area of the lingerie category. I'd love to see more on offer both for the petite and the bigger busted ladies. I know it's quite hard to fulfil this demand due to sizing and warehouse space etc.. But I think once you get the balance and the products right it'll be a good selling point. I already adore the Kiss Me Deadly range- something with a great quality and brand name would be ideal.

    A beginner's and more adventerous page may be useful too although the guides could technically cover this part. I think having a more picturesque view with some goos review points may be more ideal than the block of words that come with it.

    1343561521
    boing-boing [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 108
    • Joined: 16 Mar 2012

    Lovehoney is easily the best site I've used. But I do wish that on the plus size underwear photos, that actual plus sized models were used. It's hard to tell how well the item fits a larger shape or how flattering an item looks when the model used is blatantly not plus size.


    It's a shame also to see that Lovehoney don't really have much in the way of ebony/darker skin tone male sex toys. It'd be great to have a choice of skin tone when choosing products, everythings a bit 'flesh tone'!

    Apart from that, Lovehoney rocks :)

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.