• We Want You To See Something...

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Booties wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

Ohhhh - is it me or are there some changes to the site today?

Colours on the birthday boxes etc appear to have gone blue within the last few minutes!

I noticed that too! And the new search interface thingie =)

New search thingy? you mean search.lovehoney.co.uk? that's super secret right now......

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Booties wrote:

LittleKitty wrote:

Ohhhh - is it me or are there some changes to the site today?

Colours on the birthday boxes etc appear to have gone blue within the last few minutes!

I noticed that too! And the new search interface thingie =)

New search thingy? you mean http://search.lovehoney.co.uk/? that's super secret right now......

Ohhhh.........

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

Was that search bar always at the bottom? Because when I was writing a review, and on the last proofread stage, that 'search' button at the bottom was in the natural place one would expect a 'submit review' button and I clicked it. Then I panicked and thought I'd lost the entire review! Especially when the 'back' button didn't work.

Luckily I managed to recover it, but I don't think you want people's reviews getting eaten by accidental misclicks!

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

And now I'm panicking again because the review isn't showing up on my profile as 'awaiting approval'. So maybe it did get lost? And it's a tester review, so I can't just shrug it off if it is lost. >.<

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

silverdrop wrote:

And now I'm panicking again because the review isn't showing up on my profile as 'awaiting approval'. So maybe it did get lost? And it's a tester review, so I can't just shrug it off if it is lost. >.<

I has it

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

Love the new side bars with green and light blue, ADORE the flock wallpaper behind the picture and the couple photos are fantastic. Makes Lovehoney stand out against the sites that only have page 3 style pictures (always a bit odd when used on the pages for women)

Tigerlilies wrote:

Love the new side bars with green and light blue, ADORE the flock wallpaper behind the picture and the couple photos are fantastic. Makes Lovehoney stand out against the sites that only have page 3 style pictures (always a bit odd when used on the pages for women)

Ahhhh, you're seeing a test! Glad you like.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

*Bump*

We've gone blue!

Which I like - but it doesn't match the purple banner!

But what's with the weird green -->

And whilst the list page of the forums looks good the threads look like I've clicked the "accesibility" option - it's massive!

Adx

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I love the icons that have been made for sex toys categories on the front page. Makes it look very professional and fun! I like how the colours are all actually fitting together too.

Great to the design team. =]

Check out the search. It auto-completes now. Niiiiiiiiice!

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

just had a look alice it works well! i still dont like the green headings though.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

I love it however I mentioned in one of the blog posts comments that the auto complete only "detects" products from it's first word of the title. So for eg, if I type "egg" only products that begin with that show up not something like "basic love egg".

I think that may work better as Im sure others remember partial bits to the full product title/name like myself.. >.<

x X x wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

I love it however I mentioned in one of the blog posts comments that the auto complete only "detects" products from it's first word of the title. So for eg, if I type "egg" only products that begin with that show up not something like "basic love egg".

I think that may work better as Im sure others remember partial bits to the full product title/name like myself.. >.<

I expect there's a very good reason for this, which I will try to guess at (as Numbers is on holiday now).

I think the thing is that the search doesn't auto complete with products, just popular search terms. Some people do type in (or paste) the names of products which is why the most popular can come up as suggested search terms.

The vast vast vast majority of people don't know what they're looking for, as evidenced by the number of people searching for JUST 'nipple'. Autocompleting with popular search terms that will then display a list of potentially relevant products (and articles too!) is more helpful to most users. Very few people will think 'I want a BASIC love egg!' (though using your example, the basic love egg comes up as the second item one you search for 'egg' so you can still easily find the most wanted items).

Ohh, ok! That sounds a lot better actually. I'm glad the search results in relevant productsand popular items, not just titles.

Thanks!

Private_member [sign in to see picture]

Why have you now got pinned threads under subject areas?

It is bad enough that they are growing in number on the main forum page but now under topics?

Please put in place a way for those who aren't interested to hide these threads.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Private_member wrote:

Why have you now got pinned threads under subject areas?

It is bad enough that they are growing in number on the main forum page but now under topics?

Please put in place a way for those who aren't interested to hide these threads.

Leanne wrote this earlier:

"I know we don't have the best search function, it has been raised.

So I have put a sticky on some threads. I will rotate this around from time to time. I am hoping this will help get some topics out there to help other members. You are so knowledgable and I think that information really benefits others including us at Lovehoney "

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.