• We Want You To See Something...

    1298491844
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 684
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    Has the purple gone bluer and the coral gone redder?

    Still looks good and I still like it but just looks a lil diff?

    1298491903
    Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 684
    • Joined: 16 Sep 2010

    Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

    LittleKitty wrote:

    Cheers BB thought it was but thought I'd better check

    Any idea on searching the forums? Do we just use the same search box at the top of the page. Because it's not doing what I want it to do!

    If you wanna search the forums go to:

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=inurl%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.lovehoney.co.uk%2Fcommunity&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=J31&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&q=factsandfriction.blogspot.com+inurl:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lovehoney.co.uk%2Fcommunity++site%3Alovehoney.co.uk+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=6c3368735fa7a20

    (copy and paste!)

    Then replace my shameless factsandfriction.blogspot.com example/plug with whatever you would like to search for

    Ohh cheers!

    1298510945
    Nymeria [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1000
    • Joined: 26 Mar 2010

    LittleKitty wrote:

    Has the purple gone bluer and the coral gone redder?

    Still looks good and I still like it but just looks a lil diff?

    The purple/blue has gotten more purpley for me and the coral is coral- although it was darker at one point.

    Oh, one glitch type thing I found was that at the end of the checkout process- the survey and Bluebella ad type promotion offers are overlapped and in the way of the actual receipt/order confirmation. I think someone else mentioned that too.

    1298517511
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 281
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    I'm still not quite sold... I will not stop grumbling like a bitter ex-veteran until the colour is more "Sexy Weekend" and less "Car Insurance Quotes" ;D

    Also I understand the views about the new tagline. I guess even something like "Caring for Sex Lives", "Shop for Sexual Happiness" or "Spicing up Sex Lives" would be better. They sound fun, promising and far less seedy.

    Obviously these aren't suggestions, as I have always been terrible at taglines and subtitles.

    Personally though, I'm praying you'll make it "Love Honey - The Shag Shop". ;D

    1298542364
    Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 110
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2010

    Hey Folks, we think we're there, thanks for all your feedback. We'll be swapping over soon, so I'll turn off the preview later today. For those thinking the colours have changed, honestly they haven't! We have been looking at typography a lot, making stuff better for Windows IE types.

    Booties wrote:

    Personally though, I'm praying you'll make it "Love Honey - The Shag Shop". ;D

    Well....haha.....if you wait a few weeks.......

    1298547895
    Wilkibo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 316
    • Joined: 10 Nov 2010

    Found that the title bar doesn't extend beyond size of orginal window. To the right, blankness, when using left-right scroll bar. Tried refreshing window but no effect.

    1298548779
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Just a report:

    It looked quite the part on a much smaller device, netbook and smartphone. I think the mass of whiteness wasn't over powering.

    1298548957
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1326
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Just a report:

    It looked quite the part on a much smaller device, netbook and smartphone. I think the mass of whiteness wasn't over powering.

    I was looking at the site on my home screen (although being larger than my work computer, I work with two internet windows open side by side so each is smaller) and I agree that it looks super smart when the screen is narrower.

    Happy birthday, by the way!

    1298550078
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Just a report:

    It looked quite the part on a much smaller device, netbook and smartphone. I think the mass of whiteness wasn't over powering.

    I was looking at the site on my home screen (although being larger than my work computer, I work with two internet windows open side by side so each is smaller) and I agree that it looks super smart when the screen is narrower.

    Happy birthday, by the way!

    Thank you Alice. I await my massive birthday bumperpack with anticipation.

    Could it be an idea to take up some of the sidespace with testimonials, some offers, the design a sextoy comp etc?

    Actually I like the idea of the best selling table at the side to quickly showcase what is obviously well rated and sells well.

    1298551602
    Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 110
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Could it be an idea to take up some of the sidespace with testimonials, some offers, the design a sextoy comp etc?

    Actually I like the idea of the best selling table at the side to quickly showcase what is obviously well rated and sells well.

    I'm defo going to need easter egg space - Design & Tech frown at me when I talk about playing about with the site itself....

    1298565511
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3406
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    Ups. I accidently reported a post in this thread :( Sorry LH Numbers!

    Adx

    1298576899
    Booties [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 281
    • Joined: 9 Dec 2010

    Note: The finished thing is lookin' pretty good! Will take a bit of getting used to of course, but A+ =D

    1298578670
    JakeH [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 327
    • Joined: 12 Jul 2008

    Hey Numbers/Prof/Matt:

    Have a look at how the favicon appears in FF against a grey background rather than IE's white background:

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16001381/Screen%20shot%202011-02-24%20at%207.15%20PM.png

    A minor detail but it's not as pretty as it could be! Maybe try not using antialiasing or a different type of transparency? Do favicons support .png style transparency? Anyway, will leave that to you guys to worry about :P

    1298589358
    niftyb [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 143
    • Joined: 29 Dec 2010

    BUG!!

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/design-a-sex-toy/

    the logo in the banner link to the page has been changed, but not the logo on the actual page.

    *ka-ching!*

    1298590993
    Lovehoney - The Professor [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 19
    • Joined: 23 Nov 2007

    (Hands out prize to NiftyB) Thank you! We've got 8 years worth of content to go through, so cut us a little slack!

    : )

    The Prof

    1298593721
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007
    1298595327
    chipNroll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 257
    • Joined: 3 Aug 2010

    I don't like how all your recent orders are now hidden, and also how you have to go to your account first to get to your wishlists. Things are being made more long-winded rather than simpler:/

    1298595852
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    chipNroll wrote:

    I don't like how all your recent orders are now hidden, and also how you have to go to your account first to get to your wishlists. Things are being made more long-winded rather than simpler:/

    I've just thought the exact same two things.

    I think if WLs are hard to find then things will be added and never bought, not good. Bring 'em back!

    1298637464
    niftyb [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 143
    • Joined: 29 Dec 2010

    WandA wrote:

    Cheesy pics here!

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/sexual-happiness/

    lady: "look darling! i bought you a cock-ring... it matches my slip... now where is the ring you've bought ME?"

    smirking guy: "........." *smirk!!*

    i like the pics.. the colours are really nice, and the new knickers pic on the front page is great - the background wallpaper really works well with the coral buttons, and the blue buttons have grown on me, too...

    i had an idea!! what about a drop-down box for the account section? a quick-link to your wishlists, edit your profile, recent orders, etc... ?

    1298645035
    Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 110
    • Joined: 2 Aug 2010

    niftyb wrote:

    WandA wrote:

    Cheesy pics here!

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/sexual-happiness/

    lady: "look darling! i bought you a cock-ring... it matches my slip... now where is the ring you've bought ME?"

    smirking guy: "........." *smirk!!*

    i like the pics.. the colours are really nice, and the new knickers pic on the front page is great - the background wallpaper really works well with the coral buttons, and the blue buttons have grown on me, too...

    i had an idea!! what about a drop-down box for the account section? a quick-link to your wishlists, edit your profile, recent orders, etc... ?

    This "is" the plan in my head - but it's just in my head for now.

    Wishlist link will be re-appearing shorlty!

    Matt

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.