• We Want You To See Something...

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs471.snc4/50416_40776576006_124024_n.jpg

Lovely! oh it's not that close! :-)

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

LOL @ Tigerlilies!

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Grand - looking forward to more feedback

Currently, to summarise:

1) Folks like the logo

2) The tagline makes sense, eventually

3) Basket/Checkout is good (v.pleased about that one!)

4) Search is easier to see

5) Folks like livechat being up there

6) But the rest of the links might be a bit hidden

7) People miss the wishlist link (might have to argue with you on that one!)

8) The dark blue/purple is overpowering

9) The tab colour clashes, and is difficult to look at, but you get used to eventually. <-- disagree!!

We'll be making some more small changes tomorrow, but please do keep giving feedback. We are just putting in a new header at the moment, which will cascade down to the rest of the site once it's finalised.

there was one point where you had it as a deep purply pink .. #B4007B, and highlighting with #EDACEF
    - that looked nice against the purple and was MUCH easier on the eyes.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

niftyb wrote:

Currently, to summarise:

1) Folks like the logo

9) The tab colour clashes, and is difficult to look at, but you get used to eventually. <-- disagree!!

We'll be making some more small changes tomorrow, but please do keep giving feedback. We are just putting in a new header at the moment, which will cascade down to the rest of the site once it's finalised.

there was one point where you had it as a deep purply pink .. #B4007B, and highlighting with #EDACEF

Yes! I agree with nifty. If you match that deeper colour with the logo I think you may be onto a winner lol.

It's just that initial shock to the eye can be brutal..

lol@TL. I'm actually glad the colours don't match too much lol. Who knows- Maybe Tesco will add LH to their links..

niftyb wrote:

Currently, to summarise:

1) Folks like the logo

True - though there was much miserable faces around Lh towers on that one - it just wasn't "us". We'll see what design can come up with tomorrow. I think the Coral will stay and we'll see what we can do with the Blue/Purple

I think the coral is a nice romantic and fun colour as a base for LoveHoney. The blue/purple colour is too strong to go with it though.

Also, is LH trying to make the site more gender friendly-like with the changes? Or just give it a revamp?

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

Ive had a play around with it and

I like the new colour and logo.

I dont like the grey colour highlighting the comunity/advice i know people say that they never see the fourm page but i dont like the grey.

I like the search bar at the top of the page.

I dont think the blue blends in wellwith the forum colours.

I never new that thier was a one year return and ive just noticed the best sellers list ive never seen that before

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

i forgot to say that i think the revamp has an overall fresher look.

Thanks Fizzy! I kind of agree with the grey issue, I have blue up my sleave again for that as well, might give it a go tomorrow

x X x wrote:

I think the coral is a nice romantic and fun colour as a base for LoveHoney. The blue/purple colour is too strong to go with it though.

Also, is LH trying to make the site more gender friendly-like with the changes? Or just give it a revamp?

Alice & Steve are working on a nice page which explains what we're up to here, it'll take up quite a post to explain it all!

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

x X x wrote:

Alice & Steve are working on a nice page which explains what we're up to here, it'll take up quite a post to explain it all!

world domination, no doubt.

i really dislike the community advice/help tabs in blue next to the coral pink why not put them in that other deep coral colour, just to differentiate?

Agree with nifty. It looks odd and mismatched.

Will look forward to that post/page. It sounds interesting though!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I like the blue of the community and help boxes but they don't *go* with the purple banner right now. I really love the purple banner - I was just unsure of the other colours. The reddy colour fits much better than it did this morning (I think - I may just have got used to it but I think it's changed) and the font's looking better. It's just that blue that I think needs tweaking now!

Not sure about the big shadow over the banner either - it reminds me of Bebo for some reason.

Adx

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I like the blue of the community and help boxes but they don't *go* with the purple banner right now. I really love the purple banner - I was just unsure of the other colours. The reddy colour fits much better than it did this morning (I think - I may just have got used to it but I think it's changed) and the font's looking better. It's just that blue that I think needs tweaking now!

Not sure about the big shadow over the banner either - it reminds me of Bebo for some reason.

Adx

It's the monkey tail! (It's so funny you said that, a couple of people 'in the street' said that too!) I've become quite fond of the monkey tail.

Booties [sign in to see picture]

Okay ignore the forum comment I made earlier, my browser just went a little odd with the formatting. Dunno why, I use Chrome which could be it, but it has sorted itself out now.

My main points are indeed that I miss the wishlist link and think blue is a little too formal and cheap looking. Also it does not connotate sex at all. If I sound really picky I am sorry, but the Written/Published Media student bit comes out sometimes...

Not Sure guys, don't want to go obvious with the red, like the idea of bringing in a different colour for these sections - trying to break out of what "a sex toy website looks like", since the whole "this is a sex toy website" thing can put off people who really, really, could do with some sex toys in their lives :-) I'll leave the blue up tonight, see what other folks think, then have a further diddle tomorrow. Thanks for all your help today by the way! Matty

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

It's the monkey tail! (It's so funny you said that, a couple of people 'in the street' said that too!) I've become quite fond of the monkey tail.

It could also be described as Captain Hook-esque.

It's odd but I'm sure it'll grow on me!

Adx

Not Sure guys, don't want to go obvious with the red, like the idea of bringing in a different colour for these sections - trying to break out of what "a sex toy website looks like", since the whole "this is a sex toy website" thing can put off people who really, really, could do with some sex toys in their lives :-) I'll leave the blue up tonight, see what other folks think, then have a further diddle tomorrow. Thanks for all your help today by the way! Matty

I think it looks great with a different colour over community and help - separates the sections and I do think the whole thing looks classier than other sex toy sites!

Personally I think it's an improvement and I don't miss Honey - if she were a bigger part of the place then yeah but she just sat up there watching over, she isn't the heart of LoveHoney imo.

Adx

Also - did it always mention delivery and returns in the top right corner? I can't remember but I think having it there with the basket looks good - I hate on shopping sites having to divert away to figure out how much it's going to cost me in delivery and if I can return it!

Adx

JakeH [sign in to see picture]

It's definitely a monkey's tail :D

'sexual happiness people' sounds a lot more modern than 'adult shopping'. Anything described as 'adult' automatically sounds a little seedy to me.

Is it just the masthead that's changed?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.