£1.79 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. We Want You To See Something...

Tigerlilies [sign in to see picture]

niftyb wrote:

also i think you can find a more sophisticated way of saying "the sexual happiness people"... it sounds a little strange..

True, it doesn't scan well. I can't think of any better alternative. "the sexual happiness company" maybe, I'm not sure. Tricky business this.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

The tab colours look like a deep purple to me which is a definite improvement to the red as it really clashed before.

I do admit it's a lot more informal but it definately looks less cluttered. As for how it may appear to potential new customers- I think it looks really professional. The community side of the site adds the personal touch to LoveHoney really.

The catchphrase could be better.

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

toycar69 wrote:

hey Numbers, personally I preferred the lighter brighter red from earlier, but I can see how the new darker one may make the text more visible.

I prefer the brighter red too. The dark red is just too "generic"

It really really clashed before though..

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Just put another option up (a bit different)

Blue with Blue looks Tory HQ

x

Although maybe a ligher blue would work at the top instead of the Tesco blue.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

niftyb wrote:

also i think you can find a more sophisticated way of saying "the sexual happiness people"... it sounds a little strange..

True, it doesn't scan well. I can't think of any better alternative. "the sexual happiness company" maybe, I'm not sure. Tricky business this.

We thought of quite a lot of alternatives (and several of us propositioned people in city centres asking them to choose their favourite ) and 'people' does feel like a good fit. After all, we've got our faces all over the site!

Tigerlilies wrote:

x

Noo.. Grr, I can't stop relating it to that now lol.

And I don't think it really goes together.. Maybe if the heading was a more purpley-blue it may just work.

Righty, going back to the Coral!

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

niftyb wrote:

We thought of quite a lot of alternatives (and several of us propositioned people in city centres asking them to choose their favourite ) and 'people' does feel like a good fit. After all, we've got our faces all over the site!

The man on the steet is a good place to go. We're all very familiar with the LH site here so we could be looking at things too closely. Bit like how saying a word over and over will make anything sounds strange.

For Honey fans, she does appear on some of the banners below products but I was never a fan.

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

Tigerlilies wrote:

x

thats a better tagline than "the sexual happiness people" at least ..

the blue/purple is a bit nicer.. doesnt make my eyes want to retreat to somewhere behind my brain, anyway... i think it'd be a pretty bad move to purposefully design a colour scheme that clashed O_o

I do like the coral I just wish the blue was less Royal Blue. Not purple-ly though.

Tigerlilies wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Tigerlilies wrote:

niftyb wrote:

The man on the steet is a good place to go. We're all very familiar with the LH site here so we could be looking at things too closely. Bit like how saying a word over and over will make anything sounds strange.

For Honey fans, she does appear on some of the banners below products but I was never a fan.

I agree. It does seem weird when you first read it.. but it settles in after a bit. LH staff do provide sexual happiness! Just not in a seedy kind.. >.<

Also, I think I've become a little used to the colours. The red actually fits a bit better as it matches the heart in LoveH♥ney. =] It's a bit of an eyesore at first probably because the original site is so much more subtle. The red still stand out a little too much with the base colour though. It is top heavy and too rich. One still needs to be toned down.

Either way LH is leagues ahead of 99% of other pleasure sites (def all the ones in the UK) where the home page is an explosion of info and colour and you can't see anything clearly.

Maybe a gradient?

i'd be happy if the WHOLE site was designed in exactly the same way as the rabbit amnesty page... cartoon rabbits FTW.

i've changed my mind!! (woman's prerogative, blah blah blah) "sexual happiness people", when taking into account alice's mention of the staff's forum PPs ~ that being said, i'd REALLY like to see the LH blog get some front-page space. I think the BEST part of LH is the community spirit, which, coupled with the gold-standard customer service really solidifies the brand loyalty. the blog is brilliant, and really shows the human side of the site - i really think it should get more "air-time"

i'm a big fan of the "design a sex toy" page design:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/design-a-sex-toy/

(not so much the big pencil and doodle details, but if we ignore those for a second..) really striking logo using two shades of purple/pink, with that theme running throughout the whole page - i really like the use of dark and light text in the "last year's winner" headline ... subtle, but visually striking.. used across an entire site i think that'd work really well for

product names

and descriptions underneath.

y'know??

niftyb wrote:

i'd be happy if the WHOLE site was designed in exactly the same way as the rabbit amnesty page... cartoon rabbits FTW.

i've changed my mind!! (woman's prerogative, blah blah blah) "sexual happiness people", when taking into account alice's mention of the staff's forum PPs ~ that being said, i'd REALLY like to see the LH blog get some front-page space. I think the BEST part of LH is the community spirit, which, coupled with the gold-standard customer service really solidifies the brand loyalty. the blog is brilliant, and really shows the human side of the site - i really think it should get more "air-time"

i'm a big fan of the "design a sex toy" page design:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/design-a-sex-toy/

(not so much the big pencil and doodle details, but if we ignore those for a second..) really striking logo using two shades of purple/pink, with that theme running throughout the whole page - i really like the use of dark and light text in the "last year's winner" headline ... subtle, but visually striking.. used across an entire site i think that'd work really well for

product names

and descriptions underneath.

y'know??

True when I was first on the LH site it took me FOREVER to find the community section.

And fom the reviews I've read people still aren't fully aware of the 365 day return policy which is amazing.

niftyb wrote:

i've changed my mind!! (woman's prerogative, blah blah blah) "sexual happiness people" is an OK tagline, when taking into account alice's mention of the staff's forum PPs, and when you consider that the LH community is a big aspect of the site ~ that being said, i'd REALLY like to see the LH blog get some front-page space. I think the BEST part of LH is the community spirit, which, coupled with the gold-standard customer service really solidifies the brand loyalty. the blog is brilliant, and really shows the human side of the site - i really think it should get more "air-time"

*looks forward to the days of a quick-edit function...*

Grand - looking forward to more feedback

Currently, to summarise:

1) Folks like the logo

2) The tagline makes sense, eventually

3) Basket/Checkout is good (v.pleased about that one!)

4) Search is easier to see

5) Folks like livechat being up there

6) But the rest of the links might be a bit hidden

7) People miss the wishlist link (might have to argue with you on that one!)

8) The dark blue/purple is overpowering

9) The tab colour clashes, and is difficult to look at, but you get used to eventually.

We'll be making some more small changes tomorrow, but please do keep giving feedback. We are just putting in a new header at the moment, which will cascade down to the rest of the site once it's finalised.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs471.snc4/50416_40776576006_124024_n.jpg

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.