• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Ecksvie wrote:

A little niggle of mine - you can't add items that are out of stock to your wishlist :(

Also, the VIP code page. The order its given on your receipt and the order that you put them into the website are different. I know it's a little thing, but last time it took me a while to realise what I was doing wrong. :P

Not a niggle! It makes me forget at times.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

A little niggle of mine - you can't add items that are out of stock to your wishlist :(

Also, the VIP code page. The order its given on your receipt and the order that you put them into the website are different. I know it's a little thing, but last time it took me a while to realise what I was doing wrong. :P

Not a niggle! It makes me forget at times.

You can, but only the "default" colour/size!

Annoying!

Adx

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Have you tried emailling customer services? I've saved a bit before by price matching. It's worth a go!

To me this seems very rude,

"Hello LH, know that you have brill customer service and 365 days free unquestioned returms but I want an item on your website for the same price as an item on some-one elses that offers non of the service you do even though you probably checked your prices first"

Sorry but it does...

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

WandA wrote:

Have you tried emailling customer services? I've saved a bit before by price matching. It's worth a go!

"Hello LH, know that you have brill customer service and 365 days free unquestioned returms but I want an item on your website for the same price as an item on some-one elses that offers non of the service you do even though you probably checked your prices first"

Sorry but it does...

Certainly not in my opinion. I think it's ruder to send stuff back just because you don't like it, it costs them money send/returning and in used stock. I'd make an exception for clothes.

So asking a potential seller if they would be happy to make some money from you rather than none is rude? I think it is quite polite in fact, "I've seen this here cheaper, price is my main concern, would you like to match it as I'd rather give you my custom?".

I not exactly a capitalist but asking the seller if they would be willing to revise their terms to strike a deal is quite normal if you have a price another party has bettered.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

WandA wrote:

Sorry but it does...

I have to disagree - I'd rather give my custom to LH than elsewhere, I prefer LH - but price is a priority, if I'm considering buying from someone else because of the price, I'd rather offer LH the chance to retain my custom by asking if they'll match a price.

In the past, they've offered us a discount but not to the level of the other company and I've taken the discount, even though it was more than the product on another site *because* the customer services are excellent here and I'm willing to pay for that. But sometimes the offer on another site is just so much better. I'd rather ask and get middle ground, than just use the other company outright.

Adx

xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]

Sorry to but in lol... I think its just like haggeling... and some people do that all the time!! i see no harm in it xxx

tallboy247 [sign in to see picture]

Just got back from Turkey- carpet factory- you talk of haggling, it is a national pastime there, expected, but they make an art, well social intercourse, experience of the process!!! It can be a good thing!

TB

Hey TB.. ive never had the guts to haggle... but have seen it done in highstreet shops!! i suppose you if you dont ask you dont get! after all they all want a sale!! x

They do especially in these troubled times...... tricky when part of a structured set up, but get out on the markets and see what can be done, you'll suprise yourself....... guts comes with age or beer!!!!

Love your pic by the way......!! Suggestive- digestive isn't it??

TB

I think in these times its needed!! food shopping is stressful enough... saving elseware is ideal... I may give it ago!

Many thanks.. i like it too and yours!!

Im not a beer fan!! So lets hope age helps!! x

Ha ha, so perceptive so young!! Dare l mention the health giving benefit of having your own allotment !!! Only joking, but can grow your own grub, then agaion would you cut up and boil something you could use as a sex toy, but please please don't get me started on butternut squash..... l have had therapy and am almost over that weakness now !!!

Haha i feel as though we have gone off on one... Whoops lol.... We do have a garden where we grow 'grub' but i decided to grow and pumpkin and now that all you can see... a mass of pumkins..... (dont go there!)

Butternut squash?! Really?! Ok i wont ask... recycle is the theme now.. LH beware people are boiling up there old veg for personal use... oh dear lol xxx

Oh come on Chelzs you must have lingered in the veggie aisle in front of the butternuts, cock and balls as they seem. Checkout girl asked how l cooked them, god said l only boil themyup if you have no erotic imagination- but l am a sad nuts person as most here will testify xx

TB

Lol yes i have looked at them but the cock and balls they seem are HUGE! if you could liken youself to that veggie delight then youd be a lucky bloke lol!!! I find the veggie isle quite amusing but saying to someone, this makes a great dildo... then i think they might slowly back away from me lol... xxxx

Their loss Chelz, but could lead to a national shortage- how tall are you by the way?? No doubt these posts will all be delete when the off topic police catch up !!! As a great big suggestion how bout buy three get the less expensive two free!!!!!

How about reminding members who have previously bought lube that they might be abvout to run out and offer discount for replacements- speaking as one who is having to hit the olive oil bottle rather more than the product was intended, though l am told the Greeks used it for such lube is ancient times!!!

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

It's always worth a shot: worst they can say is "no". I know how you feel though, first time I had something that broke, I felt so guilty about mailing them to see about getting it replaced, and they couldn't have been nicer about it. I think they trust us to see the big picture, because if we try to screw them over too much, prices will have to go up and we'll suffer in the end. So if the price difference was enough to make you be considering purchasing it elsewhere, or not purchasing it at all, then pointing it out to them is just giving them the option of cutting a deal with you, lowering the price to be more competitive overall, or staying in the same situation they would have been in had you never contacted them. If they can lower the price without losing out, it's better to make that sale than none, and if they can't, well, no harm done. Assuming you're not mailing them every time you go to make a purchase just for the sake of haggling, I doubt they'll take offence at a simple ask.

BashfulBabe wrote:

It's always worth a shot: worst they can say is "no". I know how you feel though, first time I had something that broke, I felt so guilty about mailing them to see about getting it replaced, and they couldn't have been nicer about it. I think they trust us to see the big picture, because if we try to screw them over too much, prices will have to go up and we'll suffer in the end. So if the price difference was enough to make you be considering purchasing it elsewhere, or not purchasing it at all, then pointing it out to them is just giving them the option of cutting a deal with you, lowering the price to be more competitive overall, or staying in the same situation they would have been in had you never contacted them. If they can lower the price without losing out, it's better to make that sale than none, and if they can't, well, no harm done. Assuming you're not mailing them every time you go to make a purchase just for the sake of haggling, I doubt they'll take offence at a simple ask.

Well written - it's all about the right balance and being reasonable. Asking about something that's a fiver is extreme - but a luxury item that takes a lot of consideration and research before purchase, and committs a large amount of your "disposable income" it's worth asking the question!

I'd shop around if I bought any other electrical goods so I do the same with my more expensive sex toys - 9 times out of 10, the toys are either cheaper at LH, or only a little bit more expensive, which I don't mind, I'll pay extra for the customer services at LH, but if there's a big gap, then it's worth asking.

Adx

Vampyrewillow [sign in to see picture]

I was thinking that about luxury toys, i was going to say if its a few quid for a cheap vibe not worth the bother, but if somebody is buying a luxury toy then the few quid can mean alot! and i'm sure lovehoney would rather have the business!

VW x

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Why wouldnt LH have lowered their prices if they wanted everyone to shop here?

They always say that they arent trying to be the cheapest, but the customer service is ace. Yes you can get toys cheaper elsewhere, but I dont mind paying the little extra for a peace of mind, this is coming from someone who is very money concious and would rather walk 1 mile in the rain that pay for a taxi.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Why wouldnt LH have lowered their prices if they wanted everyone to shop here?

They always say that they arent trying to be the cheapest, but the customer service is ace. Yes you can get toys cheaper elsewhere, but I dont mind paying the little extra for a peace of mind, this is coming from someone who is very money concious and would rather walk 1 mile in the rain that pay for a taxi.

Because LH is a profit driven business, even if it is a lovely fluffy one.

There are plenty of websites with price match promises, "tells us and we'll refund twice the difference" type thing, but they know that very few people will actually take up that offer. Why not have a price and only change it when asked. I know very few salespeople who would offer you a genuine discount before you even find out the full price.

We just have different values when purchasing something then. The customer services are ace, I really like that but I don't generally buy products for the customer services, I actually want my transactions to occur without the need for me to contact customer services. That to me means it was a good transaction and I'm happy with the product. I don't see the problem in a bit of haggling or offering first refusal.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.