• The Great Big Suggestions Thread

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

I think notification e-mails would be incredibly annoying if you started to post on the more chatty threads - your inbox would be full of notifications.

What I think would be more useful would be some sort of enhancement of the profile page - where clicking on the threads that you were last on would take you to your last post, rather than the top of the thread. For instance, if I am looking for a post by someone on the "good afternoon..." thread, I have to click the link in their profile, and you think it is going to take you to their post, but it takes you to page 1 of 8 billion and then you have to trawl through.

telemachus [sign in to see picture]

Of course - WandA mentioned something similar a couple of posts ago (teach me to read) ...but more general development of the profile area with regard to your posts would be very useful. If I don't come on here for a couple of days, several things I have posted on could be 3 or 4 pages back, it's a pain not being able to locate them all easily.

YesChef [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

chels18 wrote:

not sure if this is already an option or if anyone has suggested it but....

I'd like Notification E-mails to when people reply to threads I have posted on....

I dont want people thinking I'm rude for not replying or joining in when I didn't realize people have replied because I find it so hard to get back to the threads I have contributed on...

That is all

Prolem is, it's such an active forum, the thread you post in can grow in size by pages in just a few days - notification emails would be really annoying!

Adx

Perhaps a checkbox in the forum posting form for 'notify me of replies'. By default it could be unselected, but if you select it, you'll be notified of the first reply to that thread. The notification list could then also link to the relevant page in that thread.

That way you'd see at most the same number of notifications as the number of messages you posted (assuming you ticked the box every time), and you'd have a much quicker way of catching up with those threads.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

YesChef, I agree that could work because if you create your own thread asking for advice, you *want* to be notified of every reply!

I have another suggestion - can it be a rule that new threads must have informative titles (with the exception of introduction threads)? Some are all so similar like "Advice Please" and it makes it hard to differentiate them! At least if it's mentioned in the rules and people have to read the rules before posting, it may encourage people to consider that informative thread titles are better :)

Adx

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hi all, just wanted to check in and say I'm noting all these suggestions down for our bumper brainstorming session this week.

Please keep 'em coming if you've got suggestions!

[suspended user]

suspended user

won't be able too ask the weather next for fear of annoying the met office

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Any conclusions on what we will 'actually' recieve Oh! Points for too? I think that there are a lot of forum members on here who are deserving of 'gold sticker' prizes just for being so helpful and enjoyable on the forums.

Maybe nominees for review of the month can recieve runner up prizes of some Oh! Points, as there has been so many good reviews lately instead of the one big first prize?

I thought review of the month'ers should get a tester to review if they wish!

I have been wondering about the Oh!Points... seems to have gone a bit flat now...

Giviing everyone some form of DP. It gets a bit boring when 3 or so people have the same grey pic. Perhaps something random?

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Could it be possible to have a link at the bottom of the thread pages so that you can get back to the main page without scrolling back to the top of the thread to be able to click back? Hope that makes sense, I realise its just laziness, but it does my head in scrolling back to the top to get to a new thread every time, maybe I'm just on here too much, haha!

I agree A_A, bout the "Giving everyone some form of DP" comment of WandA, I had a very different thought in my head.....

You could just hit backspace to go back sometimes. I did mean display pic but once again I got lazy on the netbook!

I am shocked... All these ladies so opposed to DP, I expected better from you two!

I didn't say I was opposed...... ;-)

My laptop has an aversion to backspace for some reason...

Pinkilious [sign in to see picture]

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Could it be possible to have a link at the bottom of the thread pages so that you can get back to the main page without scrolling back to the top of the thread to be able to click back? Hope that makes sense, I realise its just laziness, but it does my head in scrolling back to the top to get to a new thread every time, maybe I'm just on here too much, haha!

this is a good one i also hate having to scroll up all the time!

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

Would be handy if things stayed in your basket, until you've either bought them or clicked some sort of remove button. Or perhaps a 'save until later' option like on Amazon so you don't forget things you found that you plan to buy.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but there've been times when I had to go do something else in the middle of browsing the site, and when I've logged back in later my basket is empty again and I'd have to start all over again finding what I want.

chipNroll wrote:

Would be handy if things stayed in your basket, until you've either bought them or clicked some sort of remove button. Or perhaps a 'save until later' option like on Amazon so you don't forget things you found that you plan to buy.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but there've been times when I had to go do something else in the middle of browsing the site, and when I've logged back in later my basket is empty again and I'd have to start all over again finding what I want.

Things tend to stay a while for me so I'm not sure what has happened but perhaps create a wishlist you can add things too until you buy them?

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

chipNroll wrote:

Things tend to stay a while for me so I'm not sure what has happened but perhaps create a wishlist you can add things too until you buy them?

Maybe if you check the "stay logged in" box it might work?

Adx

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Pinkilious wrote:

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

this is a good one i also hate having to scroll up all the time!

This is desperately needed! :)

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

You could press "Home" on your keyboard to take you to the top of a page?

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Peachy keen wrote:

I don't have a 'home' button. In any case, it would only be an extra line on the page. Would be SO handy.

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

shellyboo wrote:

Peachy keen wrote:

I don't have a 'home' button. In any case, it would only be an extra line on the page. Would be SO handy.

One minor flaw in an otherwise sterling suggestion! =D

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.