• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

[suspended user]

suspended user

NatandTom wrote:

era wrote:

Ok, so there's a 'Was this review helpful to you?' option under any given review. Which is great, as it's a simple, but maybe an effective way of boosting one up. I only vote 'yes' very sparsely, when a review truly gives me new and relevant information about the item. I don't just give out my 'yes' votes based on sympathies. So on the same note, how about introducing the 'No' answer too? For when a review does not give any new or relevant information about the item or its use. I thought of this as I stumbled upon this kind of reviews more often than I'd like, that maybe only replicate some tech info (like rechargeable, has 5 patterns) one can already read about in the product description, and when these kind of reviews came out from the keyboard of a tester, I feel let down and think it was also a waste of your resources.

I'm sure I've read about this on the forum before and lots of people liked the fact there was no option as it could upset people, as plenty work hard on their reviews. I know on other sites people would just vote no to every review that wasn't their own, or do it out of jealousy that someone else received the item they wanted for free etc. If Lovehoney didn't like a persons reviews, they wouldn't send them testers and they also say all reviews are helpful to somebody, some like more detail, some like less. If you didn't find a certain review helpful, simply scroll to the next!

I like the positivity on Lovehoney as much as anyone else or I wouldn't be here. I would also like to confide in people's honesty on here and in their good faith. So I would like to not assume that people would give out 'no' votes as easily as you suggest just out of petty resentment or envy. That would go against the spirit of LH. But I don't think we should all turn a blind eye for when the system fails. Constructive criticism should always be welcomed by everyone, as none, and I do mean NONE of us is faultless on this Earth or forum. I'm sure informative reviews would not get 'no' votes, be them testers or not. And no, not every review is informative, sorry, but this is a fact, not an opinion.
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

era wrote:

Ok, so there's a 'Was this review helpful to you?' option under any given review. Which is great, as it's a simple, but maybe an effective way of boosting one up. I only vote 'yes' very sparsely, when a review truly gives me new and relevant information about the item. I don't just give out my 'yes' votes based on sympathies. So on the same note, how about introducing the 'No' answer too? For when a review does not give any new or relevant information about the item or its use. I thought of this as I stumbled upon this kind of reviews more often than I'd like, that maybe only replicate some tech info (like rechargeable, has 5 patterns) one can already read about in the product description, and when these kind of reviews came out from the keyboard of a tester, I feel let down and think it was also a waste of your resources.

I'm sure I've read about this on the forum before and lots of people liked the fact there was no option as it could upset people, as plenty work hard on their reviews. I know on other sites people would just vote no to every review that wasn't their own, or do it out of jealousy that someone else received the item they wanted for free etc. If Lovehoney didn't like a persons reviews, they wouldn't send them testers and they also say all reviews are helpful to somebody, some like more detail, some like less. If you didn't find a certain review helpful, simply scroll to the next!

I like the positivity on Lovehoney as much as anyone else or I wouldn't be here. I would also like to confide in people's honesty on here and in their good faith. So I would like to not assume that people would give out 'no' votes as easily as you suggest just out of petty resentment or envy. That would go against the spirit of LH. But I don't think we should all turn a blind eye for when the system fails. Constructive criticism should always be welcomed by everyone, as none, and I do mean NONE of us is faultless on this Earth or forum. I'm sure informative reviews would not get 'no' votes, be them testers or not. And no, not every review is informative, sorry, but this is a fact, not an opinion.

I'm not sure people would do it here, but I know people have done it on other sites. I definitely agree there are some reviews that are not informative, but some people aren't interested in all the ins & outs of a toy, some just want to know if the toy is enjoyable or not. Like you said, I do think it would be good to have some sort of feedback system though, maybe a way of saying why it wasn't helpful rather than a no vote? People wouldn't know why it wasn't helpful from a no vote.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I realise this might be difficult to work out, but what if instead of the 20% off discount voucher you would gift birthday-ers with an item of your (or his/hers within an established value) choice? My reasoning is this: discounts float around quite often (which is good, not complaining!), and 20% off discounts don't sound unique. Right now I have around three 20% off discounts I could use including the birthday one. I have no idea what to spend them on. While if you were to gift me something, even small, as it really isn't about the money, I would feel thought of. Don't know if I'm getting my point thru well... What I mean is that I would feel more 'special' if a surprise birthday gift (with maybe a note in it) arrived at my door around my birthday, regardless of its monetary value from LH instead of a discount in my mail. You could just pick something from people's wishlists, or a small generic bundle from the 3 for £10 offer such as lube or candles or massage rocks or playing cards... Or just provide them with a selection of toys to chose from for free for they birthday, or just pick something for them that they haven't yet bought from you. It really is the thought that counts and receiving a gift from anyone is always a very pleasant surprise! :) It would feel like such a personal touch from your part!

[suspended user]

suspended user

NatandTom wrote:

era wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

era wrote:

I'm not sure people would do it here, but I know people have done it on other sites. I never said every review is informative? I definitely agree there are some that are not, but some people aren't interested in all the ins & outs of a toy, some just want to know if the toy is enjoyable or not. Different types of reviews benefit different people is the point I'm making. Like you said, I do think it would be good to have some sort of feedback system though, maybe a way of saying why it wasn't helpful rather than a no vote? People wouldn't know why it wasn't helpful from a no vote.

Yes, this sounds like a good idea! :)

[suspended user]

suspended user

NatandTom wrote:

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Echo32B wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

Ok, just going to ask AGAIN, I was totally gutted today to see an item on my lingerie wishlist was discontinued and of course ALL GONE. I really wish the lovehoney website or BOT could flag and item or in my best case scenerio email me to tell me an item is being discontinued. I use my wishlists to manage my spending and I would priortize an item if I knew it was no longer going to be stocked.

+1

This has happened to me so many times, its so frustrating as I too would buy sooner if I knew it was going out of stock!

Another +1

+1!!

Yeap agreed!! Missed out on a few things I'd have bought if I'd known they were going 😢
    KitsiKiki [sign in to see picture]

Usedworkshoes wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Echo32B wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

Ok, just going to ask AGAIN, I was totally gutted today to see an item on my lingerie wishlist was discontinued and of course ALL GONE. I really wish the lovehoney website or BOT could flag and item or in my best case scenerio email me to tell me an item is being discontinued. I use my wishlists to manage my spending and I would priortize an item if I knew it was no longer going to be stocked.

+1

This has happened to me so many times, its so frustrating as I too would buy sooner if I knew it was going out of stock!

Another +1

+1!!

Yeap agreed!! Missed out on a few things I'd have bought if I'd known they were going 😢

Another +1 from me. I have thought about this several times, but never thought to post it here. I've missed out on items before, too. Conversely, I've been so paranoid about an item being discontinued that I would constantly check up on it. An email bot would help prevent both of those scenarios.

And/Or: A note underneath the item on our wishlists.

After all, they already have notes on the wishlist when the item is out of stock or discontinued... Plus, when you go to the item page itself, they say 'Hurry! This discontinued item will not be restocked!' (Or something like that- I typed it from memory.) So surely it wouldn't take too much to link the two.

KitsiKiki [sign in to see picture]

Thinking about Valentine's Day today gave me a little lightbulb for a suggestion. I was wondering if LH were considering or would consider more annual limited edition flavoured lubes?

You have the Choc Orange for Xmas, and while it seems to be one of those love it or hate it things (I haven't tried it yet- I really wanted to get some this past Xmas, but it was sold out by the time I was able to place an order!), it's still a really cute idea and can tie very well into holiday offers.

So I was thinking it might be nice to do some Valentine's flavours. My ideas off the bat:

-Chocolate Dipped Strawberry AND/OR Strawberries and Cream

-Chocolate Covered Cherry

-Champagne

-Red Rose OR Turkish Delight (Choc-Rose)

Also, I'd love to see a warming Cinnimon, but that could be for year-round. It would pair great with your tingly Peppermint in the two-fer deals you do!

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

I like the idea of being able to tick all of the things on an order I've placed and then adding them to a wishlist. You see I have a wishlist that I've made privately called "still need to review these" and it would be great to add all the stuff on my order to this wishlist. I know it would require a lot of work though and don't know if it's doable...

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

Hi there!!

Regarding returns labels... I bet you've had enough of me!!

My suggestion is maybe at the checkout stage, add an option to have one in the package sent. MandMDirect and a few other clothing companies do this (they charge around £1.99 for a returns label and bag) maybe add 5p to the basket for this? It could be like the carrier bag charge!!

This way, you aren't wasting money on sending them willy-nilly, and those who can't print one off can add one to basket if they are unsure if they will keep the item.

Thanks for reading!

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

KitsiKiki wrote:

Thinking about Valentine's Day today gave me a little lightbulb for a suggestion. I was wondering if LH were considering or would consider more annual limited edition flavoured lubes?

You have the Choc Orange for Xmas, and while it seems to be one of those love it or hate it things (I haven't tried it yet- I really wanted to get some this past Xmas, but it was sold out by the time I was able to place an order!), it's still a really cute idea and can tie very well into holiday offers.

So I was thinking it might be nice to do some Valentine's flavours. My ideas off the bat:

-Chocolate Dipped Strawberry AND/OR Strawberries and Cream

-Chocolate Covered Cherry

-Champagne

-Red Rose OR Turkish Delight (Choc-Rose)

Also, I'd love to see a warming Cinnimon, but that could be for year-round. It would pair great with your tingly Peppermint in the two-fer deals you do!

+1 awesome idea!

Today I spent a good hour cutting up packaging that, whilst tasteful, still said "dildo" etc on, so I had to cut it up into tiny pieces so that I could throw away my rubbish in the bin without it being obvious to my parents what the packaging is from (still living at home problems). I was wondering if you could make an option at checkout to have no packaging? I know it'd probably be a massive hassle for you, but it honestly would be easier for me if I just got the toy in like bubble wrap or something.

Just some food for thought :)

[suspended user]

suspended user

Please, PLEASE, PLEEEASE improve the search function on the forum... it drives me mad. It is completely senseless. Results come back with no relevance what so ever. Put in the exact title of an existing thread and the results don't include that thread in the first few pages (than I give up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't included at all!). There is no possibility to filter results such as "most posts", "most recent", "closed or open"...

I know the forum is just a bonus to the e-commerce website, and you have more important stuff to do, but still, you actually expect users to search the forum before starting a thread (it's in the rules), but having the search as is is unbearable... sorry.

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

Please, PLEASE, PLEEEASE improve the search function on the forum... it drives me mad. It is completely senseless. Results come back with no relevance what so ever. Put in the exact title of an existing thread and the results don't include that thread in the first few pages (than I give up, but I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't included at all!). There is no possibility to filter results such as "most posts", "most recent", "closed or open"...

I know the forum is just a bonus to the e-commerce website, and you have more important stuff to do, but still, you actually expect users to search the forum before starting a thread (it's in the rules), but having the search as is is unbearable... sorry.

+1 I also find it frustrating to use. Its difficult encouraging new members to find existing threads ,rather than starting a new one if the search function is as poor as it is. I gave up searching for a specific thread about dating and singles and had to make do with a 2014 vintage thread instead.

[suspended user]

suspended user

era wrote:

Oh, and while I'm at it: maybe an option on the profile pages of members to filter threads they initiated (as opposed to just posted on)? Thanks, I know I'm a needy girl *splashes eyelashes* ;).

is it really mean to say I think you should have kept the old model on this and its black counterpart... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33982

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, as there is way too much on this thread for me to wade through, but I have a suggestion. I'm a queer women, and I'm positive that a lot of people who shop on LH do not identify as straight, yet most (if not all) of the images used are of het couples. I would love to see some more diversity in the images and content to reflex different sexualities and relationships. This includes in the competition's and blog posts. For example, a lot of the blog posts surrounding valentines day seemed to assume heterosexuality, when they could have just as easily included suggestions for a sexy gift a man might want to get his boyfriend, or a woman her girlfriend. Anyway, I love lovehoney, and I would love it even more if it felt like a more inclusive environment.

RopeBunny [sign in to see picture]

era wrote:

The correct thread for product requests is: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1213590-pander-to-me/

This one is indeed as you noticed for general suggestions about the website. :)

Thank you :)

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

OK this is a bit far fetched but it would be amaze balls to be able to suggest a product to another forum member to view or add to a wishlist.

I thought of this because Fun Louise has crazy good attention to people's tastes and products but others are great suggested here too. Kiba like an email I saw this item thought you might like it from Love honey...

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

+1 on improving the search function, and giving us the option to add a returns label.

I do have to disagree with the down voting of reviews. I think I'd be very unlikely to continue writing reviews if this came into force because I'm a sensitive soul and I put a lot of hard work into writing them, it usually takes hours from start to finish (believe it or not) because I have cognitive deficits, so if I had done all of that and then a load of people said they were unhelpful I'd feel very hurt. I've stopped writing reviews on Amazon for this reason because I notice a lot of really good reviews getting down voted by trolls (not saying mine are really good though) and it's discouraging.

I like that Lovehoney only encourages positivity, as if I get no helpful votes I don't feel like a failure, but it I get a couple of helpful votes I feel really good and positive about writing more reviews. I would feel crap if after struggling to write a review people basically told me it was worthless.

MondaySixteenth [sign in to see picture]

Larger version of your storage boxes. A friend of mine has the large one and it looks wonderful except it's not actually large. It'd only hold about a third of my collection. I'm currently storing mine in a largeish messenger bag with whips seperate

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29235

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.