• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I'd maybe like a bit more info on the profile pages, take some of the questions from some of the newbie threads and people can disclose what they like in a more formatted manner?

Heart2Heart [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

diamonds wrote:

4. Fair enough on that D, we disagree on a definition of 'adult' though, I think that is very much in the mind. I don't have issues with it but others do and it is unfair for members to have to behave in a certain way through fear. I do also think it is unfair to thrown people off now though...

its not my defination as to what an adult is though, its what the law tells us, you are not an adult untill you are 18 years of age.

I did say if there are no legal issues with having 16 year olds. If the legal definition of adult is not required to be on a site such as LH and it is only a matter of policy then the legal definition is irrelevant and it is a choice based on the good of the forums, as I've said I personally feel excluding mature honest 16/17 year olds is unfair. There is nothing stopping them joining and pretending to be 18. I'd rather the policy was based on suitabilty, maturity, rather than a blanket coverage by age.

9. As I said, we don't know who they are going to correctly. Some people don't bother posting when they get a tester and then you're then likely to only be aware of the people posting it in the forum, who of course are forum users and of a certain personality to want to tell people. I think you may be subscribing to a confirmation bias. It's a bit like me saying well everyone I know never breaks the law. It may appear true because I will only be aware of the lawbreaking if they do if they tell me or are caught. I'm not saying some people should get one every week, I just think you may be exaggerating the situation.

If what you are trying to say is the testers shouldn't be sent based on sheer quantity of reviews/posts then I completely agree! Some people write 10 very simple 'Yeah, I came, it was awesome lol' reviews to some members excellent 1. I suggested recently with the review of the month comp format where we get to choose the winner that the winner should get a prize and perhaps the shortlisted entries should get a tester as they have proved capable and it would be nice to do.

So that's my suggestion then. In addition for the winner of review of the month the shortlisted reviewers for that month should get a tester as a thank you, recognition and they're known to be good reviewers!

i do not think im exagerating the situation at all, merry cheery has so said so herself that you can infact see a clicque forming of people who do always seem to be getting review products on every round of testing, so by having a roation system it makes it fairer on giving other people the chance to recive the testers and write reviews.

I just think throughout the recent unrest threads you've been a bit unnecessarily harsh on the LH team, there are some new things that have happened that I'm not too fussed on but I understand it's not the fault of the staff, some situations look like they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. OK some people get two testers in a row it happens. Lots of people won't bother mentioning what they got if they did get a tester, for every person you hear about getting a tester you may not hear about 2/10/100 more more testers going to different people, we don't really have a perspective of it.

I think the recent introduction of the OA WLs was a great idea, so they can send testers to people they know actually want the product but to know about it you really had to be on the forums, they implemented a really great idea and change to the review system and now it seems they're getting indirect criticism for it because people are getting those testers, what if only one person has that WL'd but they had a tester last month?

I'm sorry if this all just sounds a bit harsh, it's not meant to be, you just have quite a strong direct character so it's hard not to address it directly.

Dxx

I just like to say that i gues im the '16 year old' in question here? I would also like to point out that im not the type of person to lie about things, and yes in some cases i even agree with diamonds, most 16year old or even minus 18 years olds can be somewhat imature. However WandA also states good points about the maturity of many other individuals under the age of 18, also he also said that its easy for people to say 18 rather then 16 or 17.

Also in other cases is it not important to inform certain under 18's of advice or sexual activities and questions they might have or ask? Plus another reason the forums are here is to discuss products they you have or might want to purchase? Well in that case what if the 16 year old has a question about the product they have or want to buy but cannot post a question in the forums, and it might be a little hard to ask a family member, after all aint we all hiding our 'toys' for our relatives other then your partner?

All the best,

Sir.Thrustalot

I think someone mentioned about scrapping the most active list?

I however think it should not go, but i think it should be edited in the ways of how the system works... If all the game topics were to be put in a seperate part of the forum, it might be possible to not include these in the post count towards the most active user (if this is indeed how its being done at the moment) As i think many people play these games to either get their name on the most active, or just increase the postage rank, which they might not have deserved due to not helping or contributing to a topic which has some mean to it :)

All the best,

Sir.Thrustalot

linda2008 [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Personally I have no problem whatsoever with 16/17 y/o's joining the forum. I have visited other forums about sex and sex toys and some say 18+ while others say 17+ and sometimes 16+.

As long as they are following the rules and not harming anyone, then there is certainly no problem.

Do agree with AA nothing wrong in having the 16 /17 yr olds on the forums ...a lot of 16 /17 yr olds have credit cards and might be buying sex toys from LH to find out about exploring there own bodies...i know i did when i was that age and look how difficult it was to buy a sex toy then ,,times have changed as long as they follow the rules i see nothing wrong in them being a part of the forums

I recently Posted a Topic in the Sex tips & Advice area due to not having a Relationship Area for Advice tips and so on, i think it would make the forums alot less confusing in terms of what people are actually looking for!

All the best,

Sir.Thrustalot

jackador123 [sign in to see picture]

One addition I would like would be to have the Good Morning thread as a sticky, permanently on page 1. Its usually the first go to thread on the forum. I know for me, and other, would be nice not having to trawl through the forum looking for it.

Peachy keen [sign in to see picture]

I missed this thread, so I'll pop in my idea from the thread I started so it doesn't get lost.

I'd like a "Report This Photo" button in the member's gallery that has a drop down menu of reasons, and a wee box if I want to be more specific.

Also, this make seem nit-picky, but if possible, it'd be cool if posts in all capitals was automatically reduced to lower case for the sake of all those who get hacked off by it! I know it's rare, but it's still annoying.

Aaaaaand finally it'd be good if smilies like ":)" translated automagically into ""

Also the FAQ needs updating.

I think a "How to get started" thread would be useful to new users.

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

Is there a private message function??

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

Hi chels18, not proper messages, but once you add people to your "friends" list, you can message them in the "Who's Online" bit at the bottom of the page.

chels18 wrote:

Is there a private message function??

The FAQ is a bit outdated now as there is a private message function - ish. What you need to do is add people to your friends (link under their avatar on the forum) and then when browsing the forums you have a wee bar at the bottom of the screen where you can chat to your friends a-la-facebook style.

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

There was something else I wanted to put in the survey but it wouldnt let me write it as it was too many words.

When setting your sexual preference to bisexual, I'd really like it if you could also put what gender your current partner is. The reason I say is this: I'm currently bicurious, but I know you guys use the profiles to make sure people don't get sent toys they can't use. For this reason, I've listed myself as straight as I have a male partner. Don't wanna get sent a strapon or other lesbian toy that I don't have anyone to use it with!

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

The survey says you get 100 Oh!Points for doing it, but they haven't come up on my account yet. Dunno if I've done something wrong or if I've missed something!

jackador123 [sign in to see picture]

Ecksvie wrote:

The survey says you get 100 Oh!Points for doing it, but they haven't come up on my account yet. Dunno if I've done something wrong or if I've missed something!

Same here. just assumed i would have to wait for it to appear.

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

jackador123 wrote:

Ecksvie wrote:

Same here. just assumed i would have to wait for it to appear.

Apparently the survey points will be appearing when the survey ends - think it was end of Sept will look it up for you hun).

Create some new blog posts about top 5 new toys/new videos - trailing through all the what's new and sex toy tv sections is taking years off my life!

Agree with most've the points already raised too. I think the staff presence on here is about right - with the mix of friendly staff, it really feels more like a group of friends running the place rather than a faceless corp!

x

It'd be good if the "Latest Reviews" section also mentioned who wrote it.

merry cherry [sign in to see picture]

Ecksvie wrote:

There was something else I wanted to put in the survey but it wouldnt let me write it as it was too many words.

When setting your sexual preference to bisexual, I'd really like it if you could also put what gender your current partner is. The reason I say is this: I'm currently bicurious, but I know you guys use the profiles to make sure people don't get sent toys they can't use. For this reason, I've listed myself as straight as I have a male partner. Don't wanna get sent a strapon or other lesbian toy that I don't have anyone to use it with!

Thats a good idea Ecksvie.

I was thinking last night that it would be useful to be informed if someone quotes your message in a thread. There has been a couple of times where someones responded to something ive said and i havent found the reply until it's too late or isn't relevant anymore. As there are so many threads rotating etc it's sometimes hard to keep on top of things.

Sorry if someones already suggested that!

x MC x

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

not sure if this is already an option or if anyone has suggested it but....

I'd like Notification E-mails to when people reply to threads I have posted on....

I dont want people thinking I'm rude for not replying or joining in when I didn't realize people have replied because I find it so hard to get back to the threads I have contributed on...

That is all

WandA [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

I'd like Notification E-mails to when people reply to threads I have posted on....

I dont want people thinking I'm rude for not replying or joining in when I didn't realize people have replied because I find it so hard to get back to the threads I have contributed on...

That is all

Would you really bother checking every single email if someone replied to a thread? I think it would get really annoying very quickly.

What I would like is a link on the profile to display all threads I've created. Sometimes I have something to add to an old thread I've made but forgot the title! It would be useful to have a link to my previous threads.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

That is all

Prolem is, it's such an active forum, the thread you post in can grow in size by pages in just a few days - notification emails would be really annoying!

Adx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.