• The Great Big Suggestions Thread

Talia [sign in to see picture]

Not sure whether this has come up before, but I think the forum's search function could do with improvement: At the very least I would like it to recognize strings when I use quotation marks, so I can search for an expression consisting of several words. Secondly it would be nice if the search results were ordered chronologically, with the most recent ones first. Thirdly it would be nice to be able to search only thread titles.

Since most other forum searches I know work this way I hope these functions are not all that difficult to implement and I'm sure they would avoid thread duplications. Currently I get serveral hundred to over thousand results for most of my searches, and that's just no use at all...

(Actually, if the programmers want to get really ambitious, it would be nice to be able to show search results as individual posts. Given that there's threads with dozens or hundreds of pages that would also help...)

Another thing: Would it be possible to use shorter shipping boxes? (Not right now, I know there's probably a huge stock of the current ones, but sooner or later they'll run out...) The LH boxes I've received are 41 cm long, but my letterbox - a normal French one - is only 34 cm on the inside.

In France letterboxes are standardized, all the same size (there's smaller ones for people who absolutely have no space for a big one, but no parcel will ever fit into them), and the postman has a key to it and can put inside parcels that don't need the receiver's signature. I was present for receiving the last parcels, but absent for the last one (yesterday), and I probably won't be there tomorrow either :( It would be so nice to come home to a Lovehoney delivery in my letterbox!

[suspended user]

suspended user

Talia wrote:

Another thing: Would it be possible to use shorter shipping boxes? (Not right now, I know there's probably a huge stock of the current ones, but sooner or later they'll run out...) The LH boxes I've received are 41 cm long, but my letterbox - a normal French one - is only 34 cm on the inside.

In France letterboxes are standardized, all the same size (there's smaller ones for people who absolutely have no space for a big one, but no parcel will ever fit into them), and the postman has a key to it and can put inside parcels that don't need the receiver's signature. I was present for receiving the last parcels, but absent for the last one (yesterday), and I probably won't be there tomorrow either :( It would be so nice to come home to a Lovehoney delivery in my letterbox!

There are several sizes for the Lovehoney boxes, and it all depends on the items you buy. Also, I'm quite sure LH cannot make special box sizes for every single postal service in the world... My postman rings the intercom to announce there is a package, but whether I answer or not, just throws the boxes inside the gate for me to pick up when I get to it. Never had a parcel missing.
    Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I second the suggestion for improved forum searches. At the moment we're meant to search for a thread before starting a new one, but often you have to go through pages and pages of old, irrelevant threads to find a more recent one on the topic. I don't really understand how the search function works if I'm honest, because I get all sorts of strange results when I search for a specific thread that I know exists, and it always takes me forever to find it.

Improvements would definitely make it easier for newbies I think, as they may not know about some of the more recent threads and often they won't show on the search results.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Is it possible to get some sexy new knickers, thongs, boy shorts, with crotch? In a plus size please.

i see the new purple range of Lovehoney underwear is all crotchless. I'm 35 nod my OH is 53 and I just feel too old for crotchless pants some times, but still want to look and feel sexy.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Fun Louise wrote:

Is it possible to get some sexy new knickers, thongs, boy shorts, with crotch? In a plus size please.

i see the new purple range of Lovehoney underwear is all crotchless. I'm 35 nod my OH is 53 and I just feel too old for crotchless pants some times, but still want to look and feel sexy.

Hey, Fun Louise, if you put this message to the Pander to me thread, you'll get a better chance for it to being addresses properly. (I am 32 and he is 45 and we never feel too old for crotchless! :) )
    Minkish Minx [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

Another suggestion: Would it be possible to sort the reviews by rating in reverse order? I find the "bad" reviews much more informative than the good ones. I want to know whether the product has problems that will put me off buying it, or whether it has problems I can live with, or whether the problem is not with the product but with the reviewers intelligence (as in "I couldn't use the product because it's the wrong size so I give only 1 star").

As long as a product has only up to say 50 reviews, I click my way through the pages (as an alternative to the above suggestion, having more reviews on the page might be useful as well), but with 500 reviews that's just not practical...

^ This. Pretty please?

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Here is another suggestion, why can't the tracking number be recorded with the order within the order history under my account on Lovehoney.com? I often misplace that email notifications and would love to be able to just find that in one place.

paulsballs [sign in to see picture]

I love when I'm browsing the lingerie to see in the description, what size the model is wearing because it gives a better idea of fit. Are there any plans to do this with all items??

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Paulsballs I suggested that a while ago, I'm glad I'm not the only one :) I find it really helpful when buying lingerie as I can compare the model to my own size, but it can be hard to tell from just a picture what size somebody is.

It would be nice if we could search by power source within a category - at the very least rechargeable vs. battery, ideally also by type of battery (or rather, AA and AAA only - I'd love to not even see anything that needs a N battery)!

era wrote:

Talia wrote:

Another thing: Would it be possible to use shorter shipping boxes? ...

There are several sizes for the Lovehoney boxes, and it all depends on the items you buy. Also, I'm quite sure LH cannot make special box sizes for every single postal service in the world...

For some reason all the boxes I've received were the same format - 12 x 16 x 42 cm - and only the Bodywand packaging came close to needing that length (it's 35 cm long). Which items actually need 42 cm boxes?

And I'm pretty sure that 34 cm boxes can use in more countries than just France ;), even if they may not fit into other country's letterboxes.

[suspended user]

suspended user

Talia wrote:

era wrote:

Talia wrote:

Another thing: Would it be possible to use shorter shipping boxes? ...

There are several sizes for the Lovehoney boxes, and it all depends on the items you buy. Also, I'm quite sure LH cannot make special box sizes for every single postal service in the world...

For some reason all the boxes I've received were the same format - 12 x 16 x 42 cm - and only the Bodywand packaging came close to needing that length (it's 35 cm long). Which items actually need 42 cm boxes?

And I'm pretty sure that 34 cm boxes can use in more countries than just France ;), even if they may not fit into other country's letterboxes.

Over time I have received at least 4-5 different sized LH boxes thru standard post. It does not depend only on the measurements of the single item (although a 20 inch crop for example needs a 50 cm long box, longer than that and the Posts will not handle it so a courier is needed), but also on the quantity of the stuff in one single order. This Saturday I have for example gotten two 49x28x13h cm boxes and they were pretty much full of stuff and not wrapping paper.

But the thing is you are asking a British company to change radically its well implemented ways that are surely in compliance with THEIR shipping supplier (the British Royal Mail) to accomodate just one very small portion of their own customer base - namely French residents. Even if French standards would be acceptable to British or other international postal services, I just think asking this is a bit far fetched and quite unpractical to most, Lovehoney foremost. Sorry. I don't mean to offend, it's just my opinion. We, international clients are still only guests in the home of a Britsih retailer. :)

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

Apologies for asking again (I asked in July but I didn't get an answer) but would it be possible to have the option of "suitable for veggies/vegans" or "all materials except leather" in the materials box? I find it really difficult to search for things (especially bondage items) which are vegan because they could be faux leather, silicone, plastic etc.

Just Jenson [sign in to see picture]

When we get spammers on here, I'm guessing the forum admin have to go through every single post they have created to delete?

Would it not be easier to click the persons profile, hit 'delete' and this automtically removes them from the system as a profile and all posts?

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Talia wrote:

It would be nice if we could search by power source within a category - at the very least rechargeable vs. battery, ideally also by type of battery (or rather, AA and AAA only - I'd love to not even see anything that needs a N battery)!

This would be helpful! +1

Having seen the second toy with EU plug offered with a considerable discount I'm beginning to wonder whether Lovehoney is selling as well as hoped on the Continent. If not, my suggestion would be to make the videos available on the French and German websites - in the English language, if dubbing them would cost too much. Because quite a lot of Germans and French understand English well enough, even if they might prefer to buy from a native-language website. And even if they don't really understand what Annabelle and Lisa are saying, at least they'd see the product. If integrating the videos shouldn't work for some reason, there could maybe at least be some indication that there are videos available on the EU and UK websites. I only found them by chance because I didn't want to browse in French, otherwise I might never have seen them.

Which would have been a pity because for me the videos are by far the most important feature on the LH website - far more important than the reviews. Nothing beats seeing a vibrator in action (well, apart from trying it out myself). The videos are the reason that normally I don't even look at other shop's sites - and if I do, because I'm looking for a specific product, that's not stocked by LH, I'm disappointed because even if the product might be there, but it's not really shown.

For me the product presentation videos are Lovehoney's unique selling point!

(And another big THANK YOU to everybody involved in their productions! Can't be said often enough.)

TheDoctor [sign in to see picture]

Am I looking in the wrong place? Tried looking for thigh length boots but couldn't find any? Is it worth getting some of these into stock? Especially for the would be dominatrix?😉

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

TheDoctor wrote:

Am I looking in the wrong place? Tried looking for thigh length boots but couldn't find any? Is it worth getting some of these into stock? Especially for the would be dominatrix?😉

Ask on the Pander to Me thread :)

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Alice, is there any chance that you will be stocking the Lelo Pinto? Lelo'is new vibrating cock ring? I'm curiouse about the shape, and IT COMES IN BLUE.

I have contemplated a couple of the vibrating Rechargable cock rings but never taken the plunge, thought the Pinto might be good.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.