• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Thank you purple heart. Thpught did it on this thread. Done it now on the other one.

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

No problem :). It's a good idea to read the first post in the thread or what others have posted to work out which one is which. :D

J-Curious [sign in to see picture]

I don't know if it's been mentioned (it probably has) but on the Deal of the Day section it would be great if by default the normal price was shown. If I knew the level of discount I'm sure my likelihood of purchasing would be affected

Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]

J-Curious wrote:

I don't know if it's been mentioned (it probably has) but on the Deal of the Day section it would be great if by default the normal price was shown. If I knew the level of discount I'm sure my likelihood of purchasing would be affected

Ooh plus one! And if you could make it like any normal product page where you can scroll to the reviews.. xx
    Ink and Kink [sign in to see picture]

I think if lovehoney did a thing like amazon when if you buy something off your own wishlist it automatically removes itself?

HoneyBear7 [sign in to see picture]

I think it would be nice if LH would show diameter of a toy and not just circumference.

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

Hey. First of all not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere so apoligies in advance if it has or im posting in the wrong place..

Regarding the new free post minimum spend, would ye consider upping products that are currently 19.99 to 20 so they qualify?

I totally get why postage charges have changed and generally when i spend its over 20 anyway but every now and then I like to do a sneaky buy and that penny is putting me off... Because i live in Ireland the exchange rate against the sterling is crippling..

Anyways, its only a suggestion.. :) thanks x

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I agree LSB, it's such a pain in the backside that so many items are £19.99 instead of a rounded £20. Sadly it was the same with £10 items always being £9.99 and not qualifying, I think it is a sneaky trick that shops use to make you spend a bit more :(

It would be really good if Lovehoney would consider rounding those items up though!

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

On the product pages, could it be possible to choose to view the reviews by overall negative/positive feedback? Sometimes if theres a choice between two items its easier to read the negative stuff and work out which ones you can live with, rather than have to go through pages of positive ones before you find a negative.

also, maybe there could be a way to have more reviews per page? Maybe the reviews could all be two paragraphs long, and if you want to read more of one then you click the end of it to open the full review? That way you could get 10 or 20 on a page instead of 5. Sometimes its a pain because you get 5 short ones and then have to load another page (which can be a pain if the nets slow!) to read more.

on my ipad this site can be quite jumpy, so when i click to go to the next five reviews, the page loads and i scroll down to the reviews and then it jumps up to the top again, and then jumps to the middle somewhere if it hasnt completed loading in time.

+1 to JM88

Also, it would be cool if we could organise the reviews by star rating (which might be what JM88 was suggesting?) a bit like Amazon do, where you can click to only show 1 star ratings, or 2 stars, and so on. I'm exactly the same in that I find negative reviews as helpful as positive ones, and for products where there's 50+ reviews it's almost impossible to get to them unless you have lots of time on your hands. :p

Yeah thats what i meant! Its especially worse when an item has hundreds of reviews because you can go through pages trying to find bad ones!

GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]

It was probably suggested before, but now that there's a .eu site, could the metric system be used for measures? Even optionally. I always mess up with measures in inches...

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

Yeah thats what i meant! Its especially worse when an item has hundreds of reviews because you can go through pages trying to find bad ones!

I believe this was suggested some time ago and was forwarded to the tech team but no idea what happened! I can suggest the workaround I use: see how many reviews there are, lets say 45, divide by 5, you get 9, then change the url to that number like here "&reviewpage=9#customer_reviews". If your reviews are ordered by rating this will bring you to the last page with the lowest ratings :). I do want to see those changes too though!

PurpleHeart wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I believe this was suggested some time ago and was forwarded to the tech team but no idea what happened! I can suggest the workaround I use: see how many reviews there are, lets say 45, divide by 5, you get 9, then change the url to that number like here "&reviewpage=9#customer_reviews". If your reviews are ordered by rating this will bring you to the last page with the lowest ratings :). I do want to see those changes too though!

Ooh this is a good idea in the meantime - thanks! :)

Secretty [sign in to see picture]

I have a suggestion (sorry if it's already been asked, 35 pages is a lot to trawl through to check).

Is there anyway we would be able to sort reviews in reverse order? For example, I personally believe that reading the worst reviews on a product (1 star or lower) is as important as reading the best (5 star). But when there's 30+ reviews, that's a lot I have to click through in order to find the 1 star reviews.

Just an ascending/descending option would be nice so we could filter the oldest to the top as well as newest, least helpful as well as most and lowest rating as well as highest if that makes sense.

Please please please can the sexual happiness banner at the top of the forum be changed in some way? Maybe so only the green bit works if you click it?

i must be somewhere near 50 times now (4 today alone) where i have clicked it by accident! If i see it one more time i might just scream!

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

I'd really like to be able to search by whether something is veggie. Although the ingredients and materials are listed, there is no way to search with things like lubes, oils and candles and on bondage gear I have to go through each manmade material one by one. Ideally I'd like to be able to choose "veggie materials/ingredients" as an option but being able to choose multiple materials in one search would be great. It's mainly the bondage stuff that bothers me because I see things I want and then get really disappointed when I realise they are real leather!

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

I know this has been suggested already so I am bumping it but would it be possible to have a going to be discontinued page ... I keep missing stuff that I would have bought...

Pretty please and thanks :) x

NEvans [sign in to see picture]

Secretty wrote:

I have a suggestion (sorry if it's already been asked, 35 pages is a lot to trawl through to check).

Is there anyway we would be able to sort reviews in reverse order? For example, I personally believe that reading the worst reviews on a product (1 star or lower) is as important as reading the best (5 star). But when there's 30+ reviews, that's a lot I have to click through in order to find the 1 star reviews.

Just an ascending/descending option would be nice so we could filter the oldest to the top as well as newest, least helpful as well as most and lowest rating as well as highest if that makes sense.

+1 I would like to be able to do this too X

Before i say this, i honestly dont mean to sound bitchy so please dont take it the wrong way!

A lot of people lately have been commenting on the "old forum" and how things used to be better. Not being around long, the only way to find out for myself was to read through old posts from around 2009.

one thing i did notice is that there seemed to be a lot more discussion about sex toys on the site, things that were soon coming out, and general sex chat.

Personally i think thats exactly why people join up here. I have noticed that there only ever seems to be the occasional sex toy related thread now, because a lot of threads seem to end with someone suggesting the op read the reviews, or use the search function to find the answers they want (in the case of sexual acts that have been talked about before). I know we are all guilty of this, but i cant help but think its killing off some of the conversation.

i appreciate nobody wants the first page full of rimming threads, but sometimes if someone wants to start a discussion about a sexual act, they want current feedback and not just to read what everyone thought about it 2 years ago.

Another thing that seems to be something people find frustrating is duplicate threads that clog up the forum and push other threads back pages. Is there any reason why there can't be a sticky introduce yourself thread? I know this sounds really horrible, and i dont mean it that way, but this is the only forum ive been on where there are multiple hello threads, somedays even 5 or 6 new ones. Wouldn't it be easier to have a dedicated thread, not only for introductions, but also for people to test things such as quoting, posting links, multiple quotes etc?

Once again i don't want to start an argument and I hope i haven't offended anyone with anything i have said, and i apologise if i have.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.