• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

    1342814642
    AliMc [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 596
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2011

    I'd love the option to omit out of stock products from searches.

    1342930967
    AliMc [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 596
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2011

    HappilyExperimenting wrote:

    Oh and was also looking through the LH members list today and was clicking away happily, but sad to find out that half the people I clicked on had signed up in 2010 or something and then posted one thing and nothing since! Inactivity of accounts for over a year should result in the account being suspended. I know it sounds harsh as some people may have legitimate reasons of not logging in on LoveHoney but over a year is surely enough time to just drop a note and say "Sorry I haven't been around for long, I moved house/lost interest, etc?" Some people's accounts must be sat inactive and it's difficult to make friends if people are still signed up but inactive. Does anyone agree or do I sound harsh? Sorry if I do xxx

    I can see why that would be annoying but I imagine there are plenty of Lovehoney members who are here just to buy sex toys rather than use the forums. It wouldn't be fair to suspend their account just because they don't post anything, unless you are referring to complete inactivity.

    1342941103
    HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1683
    • Joined: 14 Feb 2012

    AliMc wrote:

    HappilyExperimenting wrote:

    Oh and was also looking through the LH members list today and was clicking away happily, but sad to find out that half the people I clicked on had signed up in 2010 or something and then posted one thing and nothing since! Inactivity of accounts for over a year should result in the account being suspended. I know it sounds harsh as some people may have legitimate reasons of not logging in on LoveHoney but over a year is surely enough time to just drop a note and say "Sorry I haven't been around for long, I moved house/lost interest, etc?" Some people's accounts must be sat inactive and it's difficult to make friends if people are still signed up but inactive. Does anyone agree or do I sound harsh? Sorry if I do xxx

    I can see why that would be annoying but I imagine there are plenty of Lovehoney members who are here just to buy sex toys rather than use the forums. It wouldn't be fair to suspend their account just because they don't post anything, unless you are referring to complete inactivity.

    Yes AliMc, I am referring to complete inactivity. I'm sure LH have a database showing how long it is since someone bought something, and they would have to verify closing the account with the user first. I understand that not everyone posts on the forums but some people have posted nothing and left no reviews either, so I was assuming that they have bought nothing as well. Therefore the account had been made but not used. Sorry if this is a bit rambly or doesn't make sense, I have tried my best to make it comprehendable!

    1345042521
    luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 477
    • Joined: 4 Jul 2012

    maybe not the place to post this but ...

    Some of the new products, such as: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25914 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25942 , i might be alone in this but i think the products get lost behinf the red gloves, as much as i love black and red together i feel you cannot see the product properly. Are there any versions without the gloves?

    1345042752
    Lovehoney - Gemma [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 325
    • Joined: 13 Jun 2011

    luckylesbo wrote:

    maybe not the place to post this but ...

    Some of the new products, such as: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25914 and http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25942 , i might be alone in this but i think the products get lost behinf the red gloves, as much as i love black and red together i feel you cannot see the product properly. Are there any versions without the gloves?

    Thanks for letting us know what you think - I'll pass the feedback to our photographer and see if there's anything we can do. :-)

    1345042778
    YoungHavingFun [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 228
    • Joined: 21 Jun 2012

    Have to agree with you LL... Especially the double dildo thing, I hadn't looked at the bigger picture until I clicked on that link but when I saw it before I thought the red gloves were part of the toy and it looked quite scary haha

    1346103835
    J-Greens [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 16
    • Joined: 22 Aug 2012

    As a new member, this one I spotted fairly quickly, and fairly surprised by - in the 'Tell us about yourself' area, under preferences, you can only choose from:

    Straight

    Gay

    Bisexual

    I'd rather not say

    Which to be honest, does seem a bit narrow, why not change the format to an open box for us to write in? Strange.

    1346432495
    Wild172 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 76
    • Joined: 28 Apr 2010

    Would it be possible to have a page accessible through 'Your Account' to show which products you've bought but not yet reviewed? Like the idea of being able to save draft reviews also...

    1346433018
    Nymeria [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1000
    • Joined: 26 Mar 2010

    J-Greens wrote:

    As a new member, this one I spotted fairly quickly, and fairly surprised by - in the 'Tell us about yourself' area, under preferences, you can only choose from:

    Straight

    Gay

    Bisexual

    I'd rather not say

    Which to be honest, does seem a bit narrow, why not change the format to an open box for us to write in? Strange.

    I think it's because it's easier to have those set options as its described in the part where you review- for example on mine I'd be labelled as "going steady, straight female" or something similar. It gives a general idea of the background. If you change it so that you can write whatever you want in- it could cause havoc? ;P

    Wild172 wrote:

    Would it be possible to have a page accessible through 'Your Account' to show which products you've bought but not yet reviewed? Like the idea of being able to save draft reviews also...

    Really like this idea! For now I have a temp private wishlist that's labelled as "To Review". I know some other members that do this.

    Also, is there any way to add in a search feature to your order history to find any previous items bought? I'd love this option for easier access.

    1347651566
    AliMc [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 596
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2011

    I noticed on another sex toy website that they give the option to post polls in their forum. This would be a great feature to have on Lovehoney.

    1347758184
    AliMc [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 596
    • Joined: 25 Dec 2011

    Also, to be able to organise my wishlists into price order so it's easier to find what to buy next that fits into my budget.

    1347758475
    PurringTiger [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 620
    • Joined: 22 Jun 2012

    AliMc wrote:

    Also, to be able to organise my wishlists into price order so it's easier to find what to buy next that fits into my budget.

    Seconded, I'd like that too!

    1348051095
    Nymeria [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1000
    • Joined: 26 Mar 2010

    I just thought I'd add my views on the heading tabs- I didn't like it when it temporarily had the Advice tab on its own as I kept clicking on it by mistake instead of the Community tab. It also seemed to have too many heading on there too, and there was too much blue for my liking. So I'm glad it's returned to normal.

    On a good note I love how all the advice/buyer guides were in such a neat and friendly layout. I think having the guides link somewhere more eye-catching in the main page might help.

    Also- the Oh! Points; I'd really love some basic categories on them.

    1348054884
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1327
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    Nymeria wrote:

    I just thought I'd add my views on the heading tabs- I didn't like it when it temporarily had the Advice tab on its own as I kept clicking on it by mistake instead of the Community tab. It also seemed to have too many heading on there too, and there was too much blue for my liking. So I'm glad it's returned to normal.

    On a good note I love how all the advice/buyer guides were in such a neat and friendly layout. I think having the guides link somewhere more eye-catching in the main page might help.

    Also- the Oh! Points; I'd really love some basic categories on them.

    Yes! We were experimenting and I found it hard to get used to (but I always think judging straight away is premature as you always hate change at first!). At the moment if you want Advice and click on the tab all you see is a lot of community - which can be scary if you're looking for your first toy.

    We'll be trying other ways to make the guides more visible, because we do put a lot of effort into them. Maybe Advice & Help - but that's up to Numbers.

    1348072431
    Nymeria [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1000
    • Joined: 26 Mar 2010

    I'd agree with the "Advice & Help" tab instead. Think it's far more relevant and user friendly for the newer members. I sometimes forget where to find the buyer guides... So that's a pretty big indication as I'm on Lovehoney a lot.

    I find that the Advice part of the community does go hand in hand but more from the community rather then buyer guides.. So something like "Guides & Help" as a separate tab? Oh well. I'll leave it to Numbers to decide- just a consideration though.

    I'm really impressed with the buyer guides though. Love the layout. Good job, Lovehoney.

    1357484415
    SherbetWrite [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 55
    • Joined: 1 Jan 2013

    Could you possibly extend the time for editing a post?

    I realised that I had made a mistake about six minutes after making a post, so it was frustrating to have just missed the opportunity for editing.

    I feel that ten minutes gives people enough time to edit their posts, if necessary, without allowing them to "abuse" it (for want of a better word).

    Regards,

    TheOutsider

    1357560697
    snapper [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 304
    • Joined: 25 Jul 2008

    I have a request

    When looking at different products its great that you can read other peoples reviews there thoughts and comments on the items , But its not always the good points you want to know !

    Some items may have over 100 reviews but you can only look at 5 at a time

    You can look for lastest , most helpful and best rating , some times you need and want to hear all the bad things people say about a product ! but apart from going through all of the reviews there is no way to do this,maybe you should be able to list by lowest rating as well as heighest ?

    Secondly it might be worth people mentioning what other toys they have as when they say something is powerful what are they comparing it to? a hitachi wand or and underpowered bullet with half flat batteries

    just my thoughts

    Mark

    1357607962
    HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1683
    • Joined: 14 Feb 2012

    AliMc wrote:

    Also, to be able to organise my wishlists into price order so it's easier to find what to buy next that fits into my budget.

    Great idea! It would be good to have a "drag and drop" feature to organise wishlists so people could arrange them as they wanted :)

    1375786456
    mrs average [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 689
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2012

    Not sure if this has been suggested before but I've recently been invited to an 'Ann summers party' (Sorry for swearing Lovehoney!). I just wondered if lovehoney at home partys had been suggersted before?
    The other (I won't mention them again) company are as we all know very expensive and part of the expense goes on the rep or party host. But just wondered if a pary package can be done on line. A sort of video led party package which can be down loaded, with a presenter guiding you through what lovehoney has to offer and setting intervals where you can pause the video for fun interactions like games, questionaires and short videos for veiwing lingerie, gifts and toys.
    The guests could either make purchases through the hosts account (thus earning extra OH points for the party host) and making the party host responsible for the deliveries. Or set up their own account there and then during the party.
    I know you've done something with Bluebella before but wonered if this set up has been suggested?

    1375804286
    IrishChris [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 232
    • Joined: 25 Aug 2007

    This may or may not have been suggested before - I was thinking that LH should do a weekly draw for a basic, introductory sex toy between everyone who purchased something from LH that week.

    The winner, instead of receiving the item would have to select another LH user to receive the item.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.