£4.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

WandA [sign in to see picture]

shellyboo wrote:

Outbound links would be amazing, actually. Super amazing. Though I understand why LH might not want to do that!

Using Mozilla?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/190/

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

Outbound links would be amazing, actually. Super amazing. Though I understand why LH might not want to do that!

Using Mozilla?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/190/

Aren't you just all sorts of useful.

sexytime [sign in to see picture]

KittyPurry wrote:

Oooh I've done the survey but just remembered something I wanted to suggest!

Earlier this year I was doing my exams and final project and got sent a tester to review, it took me ages to get round to reviewing it because I was just so busy. Most of the time I'm thrilled to get review products but I felt so guilty about this one because I didn't have the time to test it. I imagine there are other situations when people would prefer not to get sent them e.g. they're away on holiday. I think would be awesome if there was somewhere to post or a setting you could choose that said "no testers at the minute please."

Thanks for doing the survey Alice and for creating an area to make suggestions! I do love how customer orientated Love Honey is, y'all are far too good to us!

xxKPxx

This is such a good idea!! Especially for people still living at home. I've never been sent a test product as I keep my address off the system, but whenever my parents go on holiday I upload it again, just on the off chance. It's on here now, but only till tuesday/wednesday..... *hint hint*

*Emma* [sign in to see picture]

I was just updating my wishlists and thought it would be good if you could drag and drop/rearrange the order of the items within the wishlists if you wanted x

*Emma* wrote:

I was just updating my wishlists and thought it would be good if you could drag and drop/rearrange the order of the items within the wishlists if you wanted x

I'd like to rearrange orders. I'm a bit obsessive so have to open them all in tabs and delete to re-add now...

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

I agree, I would like the option to put wishlists in preference order x

chels18 [sign in to see picture]

Hello all...

I'm new so please correct me if there is one but might be nice to have a Meet & Greet Forum where new people can introduce themselves?

I feel like i'm butting in a bit just replying to existing threads!

Anyway, hi!

:)

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

Hello all...

I'm new so please correct me if there is one but might be nice to have a Meet & Greet Forum where new people can introduce themselves?

I feel like i'm butting in a bit just replying to existing threads!

Anyway, hi!

:)

Hello and welcome

Go to this link, scroll to the bottom and you can start your own personal introduction thread

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/introduce-yourself/

Adxx

Thank you!! I found it... i feel some what SILLY!!! *blush*

x

chels18 wrote:

x

Don't worry about popping in to threads! There's recently been a discussion on the board with many people complaining about lots of new threads that have been done before! Just have a search and chat on what ever takes your fancy.

Thanks WandA.... I'm finding it hard to navigate round at the moment!!

Ok real suggestion this time .... If you are logged in and looking at sex toys, it would be nice next to "add to basket" you could have "add to wish list"... saves a little time when you're updating

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

x

Don't feel silly at all! I'm glad you felt welcome enough to ask

Adx

Lovehoney - Richard [sign in to see picture]

Thank you all for all your suggestions! Lots of niggly things to fix. One of our big tasks is to make the forum easier to navigate and use, and also to make it easier for people to search and communicate.

Keep 'em coming!

LoveHoney - Richard wrote:

Thank you all for all your suggestions! Lots of niggly things to fix. One of our big tasks is to make the forum easier to navigate and use, and also to make it easier for people to search and communicate.

Keep 'em coming!

YES!! I'm finding it so hard to navigate round... would be good to have a list of all the different forums down the side then we can click them to see the threads in each forum :)

chels18 wrote:

LoveHoney - Richard wrote:

Keep 'em coming!

YES!! I'm finding it so hard to navigate round... would be good to have a list of all the different forums down the side then we can click them to see the threads in each forum :)

Like this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/lovehoney-news/

And this:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

Ok real suggestion this time .... If you are logged in and looking at sex toys, it would be nice next to "add to basket" you could have "add to wish list"... saves a little time when you're updating

Hey chels, welcome! There's already a little link for add to wishlist, but it can be a bit difficult to spot even when you know where it is! :) Here's a screengrab to show where it is...

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/shellybell_2009/wishlist.jpg?t=1282904516

Hope that helps!

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

chels18 wrote:

Add to wishlist is underneath add to basket near gift options I believe?

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

heres my suggestions for the forums

1) everyone should have to read the forums rules before posting.

2) the forums should be modded more then they are being at present and the forum rules should be inforced.

3) the report it now button should also allow you to say why you are reporting the post

4) the forums should be for people only over the age of 18

5) the top 10 most active posters should be binned, as of late it seems to have been a bit of a compertation for people to be up on there and to be number one.

6) also the profile thats picked out for that day should go aswell, it doesnt really offer anything and its normaly of people who dont post on the forums.

7) the erotic writting and reading should have its own space again, as it all gets lost in the other threads.

8) i think a genral chit chat area away from the sex tand sex toy topics would be a good idea and would keep the forums more clean and tidy and would hopefuly make the forums a more easy place to mod.

9) i think the tester items should just go out based on peoples review writting skills not on how active they are on the forums (again as this has been leading to people trying to get on the most active list leave useless post to get the counts up) and there should be a roation system as to who gets what as lately seems like a few of the same people keep on getting testers.

10) i would like to be able to re arrange my wishlists so the things i want the most can be at the top instead of them just being when i added them in to the wishlists.

think thats it for now :P

Dxx

I agree with D's 1,2,3,5 and 10.

4. Unless there is a legal reason I see no reason why 16 should not be OK. Either you are an idiot or you are not, that is age irrelevant. We've recently had a lad posting here who is 16 and he seems a well adjusted respectful fella, even contacting LH before posting to see if he is allowed, marginalising him and others like him is only likely to result in some form of deception. It's not hard to type 18 instead of 16. I think there is tons of info on here that could help anyone mature enough. In my opinion it's just not practical to cut out those less than 18 and if legally able to have sex why push them in to potentially more damaging resources of info. Perhaps this is more a philosophical point for me but I'm happy with 16 being the cut off.

6. I'd like it kept but not as it is. Perhaps it features a new member who has recently joined to help them feel part of the community more quickly. Perhaps it could be based on the helpful clicks reviews gets, the more helpful reviews a member give the more that member is featured? I just think it could be a little form of recognition in some format.

7. To be honest I don't think there is enough of it to merit it's own section. If you want to read it you can select the forum topic separately.

8. I don't want this personally. I see it bringing more strangers who are not here with a common interest. There are plenty of forums to discuss sport, cars, beauty etc... I'd rather not have a wider collection, I think it would upset the nature of the place and result rubbish threads that few other people would be bothered about. For example, if I created one about embroidery or has anyone ever been to Japan I think most responses would fail to address the key points in the thread. I love these forums due to the size, there are not too many members so it feels quite homely. To make an off topic forum would in my opinion either require a huge increase in numbers and thereby destroying 'the soul' of this place or it would lead to people shoehorning posts in because there are not enough of us or shared interested beyond sex it make it interesting.

9. I think the testers currently do go out to those with good writing skills. Personally I get a bit annoyed when testers go out to some people and the reviews are a bit rubbish, I think the least you can do is write a proper review. I know some people take stupidly lengthy times writing reviews and I love that some people take it so seriously and explore every avenue. There are some members I know I can trust their reviews, including yourself D, I know what they like, how they like it and just how easily they are impressed. This really helps me decide what to WL buy. I'd much rather have guaranteed quality reviewing than rotating some things around simply to be inclusive, I think you should be able to 'earn' a place in that category though through good reviews. To also be honest I don't imagine we are fully aware of just who gets testers, many reviewers don't post on the forum. This may also sound a bit self interested as I get a few testers, it is in part, I enjoy testing! But I still think everything I said holds true. When I get a tester I do take it seriously and I enjoy the feeling of being trusted enough as an impartial reviewer and appreciated by LH with what I put in to the reviews and forums. The recognition is nice, hence why I'm loving the new weekly round up blog!

All done in the name of balance!

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

4. Unless there is a legal reason I see no reason why 16 should not be OK. Either you are an idiot or you are not, that is age irrelevant. We've recently had a lad posting here who is 16 and he seems a well adjusted respectful fella, even contacting LH before posting to see if he is allowed, marginalising him and others like him is only likely to result in some form of deception. It's not hard to type 18 instead of 16. I think there is tons of info on here that could help anyone mature enough. In my opinion it's just not practical to cut out those less than 18 and if legally able to have sex why push them in to potentially more damaging resources of info. Perhaps this is more a philosophical point for me but I'm happy with 16 being the cut off.

The reason i feel that the forums should be over 18, as this site is for adults its what it says at the top of the forums this is place for like minded adults, and in the eyes of the law your not an adult untill you are 18 years old.

i personally also dont feel comfortble with some of the chat that goes on here happening with someone that isnt an adult either.

for exapmple the people who like to have some of there harmeless flirting and banter which is really not aproperoute(sp) to do with some who isnt an adult, yes by law 16 and over you can have sex but there still not an adult and are seen as children.

personaly i just find the whole thing uncomfortable and in the past when there has been someone on here under 18 they have pretty much said the same thing as me.

8. I don't want this personally. I see it bringing more strangers who are not here with a common interest. There are plenty of forums to discuss sport, cars, beauty etc... I'd rather not have a wider collection, I think it would upset the nature of the place and result rubbish threads that few other people would be bothered about. For example, if I created one about embroidery or has anyone ever been to Japan I think most responses would fail to address the key points in the thread. I love these forums due to the size, there are not too many members so it feels quite homely. To make an off topic forum would in my opinion either require a huge increase in numbers and thereby destroying 'the soul' of this place or it would lead to people shoehorning posts in because there are not enough of us or shared interested beyond sex it make it interesting.

need to make clear what i meant i think.

when i said it should have its own section i just mant that the genreal chit chat thread and games should have there own space togther away from the other parts of the forum, like how this bit of the forum is apart from the other.

not to be a section where you can ake a post about knitting or anything. purely just to house the goodmorning/afternoon/evening, games and the introduction threads.

9. I think the testers currently do go out to those with good writing skills. Personally I get a bit annoyed when testers go out to some people and the reviews are a bit rubbish, I think the least you can do is write a proper review. I know some people take stupidly lengthy times writing reviews and I love that some people take it so seriously and explore every avenue. There are some members I know I can trust their reviews, including yourself D, I know what they like, how they like it and just how easily they are impressed. This really helps me decide what to WL buy. I'd much rather have guaranteed quality reviewing than rotating some things around simply to be inclusive, I think you should be able to 'earn' a place in that category though through good reviews. To also be honest I don't imagine we are fully aware of just who gets testers, many reviewers don't post on the forum. This may also sound a bit self interested as I get a few testers, it is in part, I enjoy testing! But I still think everything I said holds true. When I get a tester I do take it seriously and I enjoy the feeling of being trusted enough as an impartial reviewer and appreciated by LH with what I put in to the reviews and forums. The recognition is nice, hence why I'm loving the new weekly round up blog!

i dont think all testers have been going out of late just cos of peoples writting skills though, the whole thing about the tester products of late seems to be a whole compertation to be getting them of late. and it does always seems to be the same people also getting them of late aswell which i dont think is very fair. there are a lot of good review writters theres no need for the same people to kept being sent them, that is why i think a rotation system of the people who arite very good reviews should be in place, instead of them going to the same people all the time.

and i think when being picked to get a tester it should be looked at to see yes you still use the forums and/or posting your own reviews but not how oftern your own... ok that doesnt make much sence try to explaine it better theres some people on here who pop in and write on the boards a few times a week or more never make it to the most active thing but write good review and they dont seemed to get picked for tester lately. so by looking at peoples reviews to see what there like and that they still are part of the community should be with in a chance, just cos they dont post stupid post and amounts they shouldnt get over looked.

hmm still not sure that explaines what im trying to say very well...

Dxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.