£1.49 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

niftyb [sign in to see picture]

LoveHoney - Alice wrote:

OOo, should I spill beans?

Quick edit function is in the pipeline (so you can edit for maybe 5 minutes after posting).

HOOorraaaayyyy!!!

i have a couple more suggestions ~

1. the search now box at the top of the page while you're on the forums searches the forums... it's exactly the same as the search bar on the main site that searches the main site - could you change the "search now" text to "search the FORUMS now"?? just so people are more aware that they CAN search for thread topics before posting dupes...

2. also! duplicate threads might be reduced if there was a note under/near the "thread topic" text box reminding people "hey - have you made sure there isn't already a thread for this by using the search bar?"

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

niftyb wrote:

2. also! duplicate threads might be reduced if there was a note under/near the "thread topic" text box reminding people "hey - have you made sure there isn't already a thread for this by using the search bar?"

Might be pushing things a bit, but what about an algorithm to automatically search the thread title once it's typed, and throw up maybe the top five "is this similar to your topic?" threads in a wee box, so they can see some options before they even go to type the first post.

Would probably require a bit of tweaking to the search function itself, since a lot of the time most of the results are utterly irrelevant, because maybe one reply had one word right in the middle that matched it, but I'm almost in favour of even 'tagging' threads, so that it searches by tag indexing and/or title instead of all text in all posts.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

BashfulBabe wrote:

niftyb wrote:

Might be pushing things a bit, but what about an algorithm to automatically search the thread title once it's typed, and throw up maybe the top five "is this similar to your topic?" threads in a wee box, so they can see some options before they even go to type the first post.

Would probably require a bit of tweaking to the search function itself, since a lot of the time most of the results are utterly irrelevant, because maybe one reply had one word right in the middle that matched it, but I'm almost in favour of even 'tagging' threads, so that it searches by tag indexing and/or title instead of all text in all posts.

Tags! Great idea!

I actively try to name some threads a bit oddly so I can find them, the 'sexy lols' thread for example. Plural lols are not very common.

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

I used to mod a forum that used tags and they were nothing but annoying, purely because everyone used such different tags so it seemed to have no benefit. So chances were you could be searching for something that there would be lots of threads about but as they had been tagged randomly you would never find them...

The tag list was absolutely massive and it was a nigh on impossible task to try to get users to use more regular tags so that everyone got the benefit of them....They did my head in, I even used to delete all the tags every now and then

I do like the idea of the "Is this thread similar" type search tho but I imagine that might be quite complex?

WandA [sign in to see picture]

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

I used to mod a forum that used tags and they were nothing but annoying, purely because everyone used such different tags so it seemed to have no benefit. So chances were you could be searching for something that there would be lots of threads about but as they had been tagged randomly you would never find them...

The tag list was absolutely massive and it was a nigh on impossible task to try to get users to use more regular tags so that everyone got the benefit of them....They did my head in, I even used to delete all the tags every now and then

I do like the idea of the "Is this thread similar" type search tho but I imagine that might be quite complex?

Perhaps user submitted but approved tags that need accepting to avoid synonyms? Tags could be ordered in groups so they could be applied easily?

'squirting, lesbian, anal, masturbation, funny, social network, ultimate guide, rabbit, deep throat etc...'

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Yeah there'd def need to be some sort of approval or list of ones that could be used etc to make it workable if it was to be used as a way of searching.....

Tags = nightmare to me, but purely on my past experience, haha! which was a much bigger forum of a very different nature, lol...

Bakewell [sign in to see picture]

I have a suggestion for the site; have a link for sex toy cleaner type stuff under the essentials tab.. some people are lazy (like me) and find typing in the search bar to be a right effort! :)

Wilkibo [sign in to see picture]

I don't know whether this would be financially viable but I personally would like to see a private messaging service as on other forums. The chat facility is fine but requires both u and the person u wish to talk to are online.

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Hey, I was just wondering that, since you are looking through the search options, would it be possible to have a general list of new items in the What's New section that lists everything newly added to the site in order?

I usually check the what's new fairly often, but I sometimes think I am missing things because I have to check through all the catagories individually. If there was just an option to see every style added that would be great. =)

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Pixieking - this is the link for all new in sex toys and all new in lingerie. They can also be found under the 'popular' heading in the flyout menus when you hover over sex toys and lingerie.

Pixieking [sign in to see picture]

Totally didn't notice those.

Thank you though! Going to make things easier. =D

Jamba [sign in to see picture]

Wilkibo wrote:

I don't know whether this would be financially viable but I personally would like to see a private messaging service as on other forums. The chat facility is fine but requires both u and the person u wish to talk to are online.

I'd like this. Would be a good place to be able to see friend requests too.

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

I have a suggestion - don't automatically empty the basket. It is quite irritating, because I would like to order these things and just because something sold out couple of minutes before I was actually able to pay for it, it doesn't mean the basket should be empty on the next day - I don't want to add all these things over and over again. Since, obviously, when in the basket, they don't 'block' any quantities of the products on the site, I don't see a problem why the basket couldn't stay for indefinite time.

paradise found [sign in to see picture]

menyanthe wrote:

I have a suggestion - don't automatically empty the basket. It is quite irritating, because I would like to order these things and just because something sold out couple of minutes before I was actually able to pay for it, it doesn't mean the basket should be empty on the next day - I don't want to add all these things over and over again. Since, obviously, when in the basket, they don't 'block' any quantities of the products on the site, I don't see a problem why the basket couldn't stay for indefinite time.

That used to be the way it was, things stayed in the basket and you could go back and add other things. I don't know why it changed

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I feel the sites wishlist are good and from time to time i agree it would be a nice idea to have a saved basket for time like your net goes down, but tbh i don't feel they need a saved basket as there site is so easy to move around... also knowing me if they did have one it'll end up as a mess like other sites that have the function leading to pages of desired items but with no idea which one to actually buy which feels rather suffocating and puts me off purchasing.

thing do stay in your basket for a while if you use the same server, and tbh this is good enough for me.

also i like to pay around and put things in my basket to see how much everything comes to giving me an idea for my monthly shop so I can budget, I think it's good to not have things saved in for a long time when doing this as i like to try out a lot of combinations of items.

paradise found [sign in to see picture]

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

thing do stay in your basket for a while if you use the same server, and tbh this is good enough for me.

I'm just going by what my husband did last week. He had all the things he wanted to buy in the basket but did not want to complete the purchase then for delivery reasons, he wanted to complete it next day. When he looked 24 hours later the basket was empty and he had to start all over again. We use the wishlist facility now, seems easy enough

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

i think the basket resets sometime at night tbh, often a few mins after midnight seems to be when it emtpies for me...

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Aye, it does automatically empty after a certain unspecified length of time, even if you stay logged in (I have a habit of letting the computer on overnight, often still on the same page). I do remember Bonny or someone talking about it a wee while back, but basically there are some good techy reasons for emptying it, especially when 90% of the time that folk leave a full basket they don't intend to come back any buy without further perusal, and with the wishlist system being that easy, if you are intending to come back, just saving the items, even in a new and separate list, isn't a hassle (and you can "add all on this wishlist to basket", so a single click will get your basket back next visit).

Dirty Red Angel [sign in to see picture]

I wonder if maybe holding things in your basket, temporarily takes it out of stock & if you have no intention of buying (for example) it holds the stock back from people who do want to buy???

menyanthe [sign in to see picture]

LittleKitty - no it doesn't take it out of stock - unfortunately for me - cos otherwise I would have had the things I wanted. Because Friday evening I ordered some things - just put them in the basket and went to have dinner with my husband and half an hour later the system said for one of the items: "Out of stock! Change quantity to zero!" Or something like that. If I knew, I would have told my sweetheart to wait for me a couple of minutes until I pay the order.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.