• The Great Big Suggestions Thread

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

More feedback than a suggestion - can't remember which thread ye talked about the experiments on the main site - but I love the slideshow dealy on the front page for the lingerie. Only fault I'd say is that the font isn't perfect on some of the pictures: for the Nurse and Lace Bra ones, it's fine, as the background is plain enough for the text to stand out, but on the Maid and Wrap the background is so busy that it's not too clear (the Maid especially, as it's white on a predominantly cream background). They're still legible, just not as easy to read as they could be if it were a thicker font or on a solid colour field.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Could we have another sticky in the forum?

Just something simple saying "The Lovehoney forums are not a site for dating or cybersex, they are instead committed to the open discussion of sexuality and relationships".

There are just quite a few people who pop on with suggestive comments as their first few posts, it then requires a little prodding of the rules, which can be uncomfortable. I'd just like to see this one clarified more as it seems many people automatically think "sex discussion=Cybersex and perving". I don't remember as many people popping on with this attitude so I just wonder, I do like the rest of the stream lining within the forum though.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Yeah WandA you're right - especially with the new chat function it needs prompting more than ever!

Adx

sexy little minx [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Just something simple saying "The Lovehoney forums are not a site for dating or cybersex, they are instead committed to the open discussion of sexuality and relationships".

There are just quite a few people who pop on with suggestive comments as their first few posts, it then requires a little prodding of the rules, which can be uncomfortable. I'd just like to see this one clarified more as it seems many people automatically think "sex discussion=Cybersex and perving". I don't remember as many people popping on with this attitude so I just wonder, I do like the rest of the stream lining within the forum though.

I think it's a great idea.

Lovehoney - The Professor [sign in to see picture]

Hey good ideal Wanda, I'm sure Alice will set something up shortly...

I think the forums have been streamlined well and the stickies are now much more prominent because they're are only two of 'em. Well done on the revamp and thanks once again LH for listening to us!

yuraku [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Yeah I agree with this too....

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

A suggestion, when you view someones profile page, I think it would be better if it showed all or at least more of the text.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Alice, the new pin stamp at the top is good

It states the rules but without being too cold.

MetalTips [sign in to see picture]

I'm just wondering whether this is the correct thread for this but is there a thread for product suggestions/feedback? Thanks.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

MetalTips wrote:

I'm just wondering whether this is the correct thread for this but is there a thread for product suggestions/feedback? Thanks.

Hi MetalTips, for specific product requests you're most likely to get spotted in the Pander To Me Thread.

toycar69 wrote:

Hmm, its a bit worrying about email addresses listed on profiles being publicly visible. It should certainly be possible to make this information only visible to eg registered users, the same as profile pictures are. This would at least prevent search engines bringing them up.

I has a solution!

http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhide/

Pop your e-mail address in, it generates a bit of HTML code which you paste into your profile, and it comes out as a link to a reCAPTCHA which when solved will display your e-mail address. Won't stop anyone from seeing it if they want to, but at least will thwart the GoogleBots and other less innocent crawlers. I've got it on mine now, if you want to have a gander at how it looks.

BashfulBabe wrote:

toycar69 wrote:

Hmm, its a bit worrying about email addresses listed on profiles being publicly visible. It should certainly be possible to make this information only visible to eg registered users, the same as profile pictures are. This would at least prevent search engines bringing them up.

I has a solution!

http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhide/

Pop your e-mail address in, it generates a bit of HTML code which you paste into your profile, and it comes out as a link to a reCAPTCHA which when solved will display your e-mail address. Won't stop anyone from seeing it if they want to, but at least will thwart the GoogleBots and other less innocent crawlers. I've got it on mine now, if you want to have a gander at how it looks.

Clever! But can we not just imprison perves?

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

Yay, usernames are now included in the recent reviews list, thanks LH. Unless they were always there and I was just being dumb.

The email-hider thing is rather clever BB. It wasn't that long ago that I realised emails on our profile were googleable:/

horny-youngcouple, 23M, 31F [sign in to see picture]

Hi,

I don't know if these have been suggested before (13 pages of posts to read through)

1) I have noticed that there are tester threads and mini-competition threads that appear from time to time. A weekly competition/quiz would be good where the winners recieve and review the tester products. This is so that is fair to everybody, not just the everyday users, i.e. maybe a different competition for different ranks, so that it attracts the new/less frequent users to get involved.

2) Add a spell-check feature to the thread/posts

3) A poll to pick what items to put on "deal of the day"

C & H

"

horny-youngcouple, 23M, 31F wrote:

Hi,

I don't know if these have been suggested before (13 pages of posts to read through)

1) I have noticed that there are tester threads and mini-competition threads that appear from time to time. A weekly competition/quiz would be good where the winners recieve and review the tester products. This is so that is fair to everybody, not just the everyday users, i.e. maybe a different competition for different ranks, so that it attracts the new/less frequent users to get involved.

C & H

"

Hmmmm I think testers are usually sent to people they are likely to be suited to. There would be no point me winning and then shoehorning me a load of anal stuff I wouldn't use. There has been some review bundle prizes before... I won once, asking a straight man to review a lesbian strap on wasn't the most fun thing. I think you have to remember that tester are just that, to test for LH. Not to be prizes. The mini-comps are new, it's just a lovely little gesture by Bonny and not an actual prize thing, more so just a little thing to keep people entertained.

The same thing goes in a way for the Deal of the Day. As great as LH is as a company to us you have to remember it's a commercial company and not a democracy. They have a few great sales and grab bags, not really for us but to shift stuff!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Hi,

C & H

"

As WandA said - the mini competitions aren't really about giving away prizes - it's about giving something a little fun for the forum users.

They advertise all of their big competitions on Twitter (and previously on Facebook) so it's not like "other" customers are losing out. It's not based on rank but they do give testers to people they *know* will give a review and quickly. At least forum users are easily traceable and you know when they're on holiday or anything like that. You're not just relying on someone replying to an email, not just hoping that a customer hasn't moved and forgotton to change their home address, since the LH staff will just send and email and post out a tester, sending out to forum users has its benefits. But they do still send them out to none forum users too! And lots of "newbies" who are "ranked" lower....the ranks and number of posts has very little to do with it. It's just a good gauge of whether they're going to get a good review back in time or not.

Adx

Oh, also, the tester threads they tend to leave open a while, seems to be roughly a day, to give people a chance to see and respond, so it's not first-come, first-served. Still means you have to be checking every day, or incredibly lucky that you happen in on the right day, but as the others said, it is more about getting them enough quality reviewers than spreading the wealth.

The competitions, there are monthly caption competitions too, which only needs you to log once a month to get in on. Think this month's one has drowned a little, will have a root for it in a minute and give it a bump if no one else has.

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

Hi,

C & H

"

I like the spell check idea my spelling is awfull

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

i would like to see leg lengths on the pyjama sets as i need at least a 31" leg length. I wont by any type of trouser without finding out the leg length first

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.