• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. The Great Big Suggestions Thread

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Alphena wrote:

thinks it might be a nice idea to have notifications when someone replies to a post :)

This has been suggested before, I think it would become really tedious if you recieved 20 messages a day for one thread, I think the forums are too dynamic. I think it was answered on a previous page.

diamonds [sign in to see picture]

i think you should be able to report a post that you think is against the rules/inaproperiate with out having to be logged in to your account to do so.

i some times read the forums but dont post so im not logged in and come across some post that i feel should be reported but it wont allow me do so when im not logged in, not such a big deal if im on the laptop as its easy to sign in but when using my iphone it can some times take a while to log in if the site is having a hissy fit and only connecting to the mobile site.

i also think maybe people who lurk but dont post oftern or at all would maybe report things they think are breaking the rules ect.

just a little something that i think could help with the forum modding.

Dxx

I'd like a rule added, similar to the one about no solicitation but perhaps about peoples person info.

It should be against the rules to misuse information about other members, be it posting their email address, name or something else that member may not be keen for others to know or emailing them for unexpected reasons.

I know it might be covered by other rules but it might make things a bit clearer.

WandA wrote:

I'd like a rule added, similar to the one about no solicitation but perhaps about peoples person info.

It should be against the rules to misuse information about other members, be it posting their email address, name or something else that member may not be keen for others to know or emailing them for unexpected reasons.

I know it might be covered by other rules but it might make things a bit clearer.

i can see what your saying by having this rule, but

i think having your email addey up on your profile on this forum you do so at your own risk, as there is now the privet chat thingey there isnt really a need to have that up on your profile anymore and im sure LH would perfer us not to have email addeys up anyway.

i know people do it for the adopt a toy thread but thats run by the people who use the forums not part of LH.

i think what im trying to say is having email addeys up in your profile makes more work for LH that isnt really nescerry(sp) now that they have given people the option of having privet chat.

Dxx

diamonds wrote:

WandA wrote:

i can see what your saying by having this rule, but

i think having your email addey up on your profile on this forum you do so at your own risk, as there is now the privet chat thingey there isnt really a need to have that up on your profile anymore and im sure LH would perfer us not to have email addeys up anyway.

i know people do it for the adopt a toy thread but thats run by the people who use the forums not part of LH.

i think what im trying to say is having email addeys up in your profile makes more work for LH that isnt really nescerry(sp) now that they have given people the option of having privet chat.

Dxx

However I think having the rule re-enforces the idea that this isn't a place for certain things, even if it is not directly enforced. I've just noticed a few members recently who seem to have misinterpreted what this forum is about.

It is not a direct matter to LH but if a new member joins and is emailed in a sexual nature and that address is found via LH it can leave a bad impression. It is great LH gives us the freedom to put our addresses up and discuss in private but being a member of a forum to openly discuss sex doesn't entail unwanted advances. It's generally considered wrong to misuses other's personal info, cold callers and spam emails.

masterandslave [sign in to see picture]

Can't remember if it's been said on this thread, I know it has somewhere else but it would be nice if before christmas comes wishlists could remove an item from it's lists automatically when something was bought to save duplicates. The exception to this rule was consumables (condoms, lubes, food etc) which wouldn't be too much of a problem if you received two.

x

Malteser81 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Now ive put my e-mail addy up for adopt a toy reasons and such but the amount of people I have ignored who have come on my MSN from LH that I dont know is unbelievable =S.

masterandslave wrote:

Can't remember if it's been said on this thread, I know it has somewhere else but it would be nice if before christmas comes wishlists could remove an item from it's lists automatically when something was bought to save duplicates. The exception to this rule was consumables (condoms, lubes, food etc) which wouldn't be too much of a problem if you received two.

x

I agree with this one as I know a few people who have had duplicates because of this =S

xxxxchelzsxxxx [sign in to see picture]

I agree with WandA.. I have my email addy up for the adopt a toy thread, and If i keep taking it off and putting it on when i have an item up for adoption then i no ill end up forgetting to do so!! Like Malteaser i have had so many MSN requests, and all of which i ignore and i would not add anyone too MSN via the email addys on there profile as i dont think its right.. I think this should be made clear to people thats its for adopting purposes only!! x

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

I don't use my 'real' email address and it's not one with an MSN account. sorted.

No matter what LH do if you have your email on your profile it is available for the public to see, not just on lovehoney.co.uk but it appears when you do searches! The best solution is to do as chipNroll has and create a second email that you can just junk any responses you don't want to have. I can't see there being any other way out of it unless profile pages are made private (eg friends only) but even then it is open to some abuse.

x

masterandslave wrote:

No matter what LH do if you have your email on your profile it is available for the public to see, not just on lovehoney.co.uk but it appears when you do searches! The best solution is to do as chipNroll has and create a second email that you can just junk any responses you don't want to have. I can't see there being any other way out of it unless profile pages are made private (eg friends only) but even then it is open to some abuse.

x

I think it would be good to contact people who are offline or not logged in if added as a friend. It was suggested before.

Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]

Don't know if I'm reading this right, but I interpreted what WandA said to mean that if someone posts their email address or other contact details to their profile don't pass it on without their permission.

Ecksvie wrote:

Don't know if I'm reading this right, but I interpreted what WandA said to mean that if someone posts their email address or other contact details to their profile don't pass it on without their permission.

Indeed, but not just that. Keep personal information personal.

If someone tells you their name or other personal info (address for adopt a toy) then don't mention it in the main forum, or don't simply scrape email addresses off LH to use for you're own personal sexual needs. It all seems pretty obvious but I don't see the harm in codifying it.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hi all, just to update you (and as a marker for myself!) that I've variously emailed, love bucketed and put on lists the suggestions thus far.

The Love Bucket must be overflowing by now! We sure do know how to keep you all busy!

x

with the chat thingy can it be made that you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can ask to be someones friend or something?

i keep getting requests from people who have not posted on the forums or hardly at all and i dont feel very comfortable with it. i never accept them but i would perfer that they couldnt ask at all.

or maybe have an option in your account to disable the chat option, as i dont use it or really like it and the go offline option of chat doesnt really work and if you could disable the chat option in your account that would also stop the friend request from people.

Dxx

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

chipNroll wrote:

I don't use my 'real' email address and it's not one with an MSN account. sorted.

I missed all this discussion - just a point to say - I don't use my real address either but it's still disturbing to get emails from people who've really "not got" how this place works. Usually I get lovely emails from lovely people but there has been the odd occasion when I wanted to report an email to LH to prevent the person sending the same thing to a person less confident than me! I'd hate to think some people are put off the forums by the people who use them who don't "get" them!

Adx

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

Hmm, its a bit worrying about email addresses listed on profiles being publicly visible. It should certainly be possible to make this information only visible to eg registered users, the same as profile pictures are. This would at least prevent search engines bringing them up.

toycar69 wrote:

Hmm, its a bit worrying about email addresses listed on profiles being publicly visible. It should certainly be possible to make this information only visible to eg registered users, the same as profile pictures are. This would at least prevent search engines bringing them up.

the problem with that is though, these people are registerd on the forums, they just dont post on the forums or post review just troll the site and user profiles for emails.

thats why its just safer and easiery not to post your emai address on here full stop, with FB and the privet chat thing i dont really see why people still are as these details can be given in privet via these to chanles.

Dxx

I think it would be best if the profile pages could be set to visible for friends only.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.