• The Great Big Suggestions Thread

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

As prompted by several bright ideas coming up, this is the place to air them all so we're not swimming in ideas threads.

Please do fill in the LoveHoney Community survey, but give us any other suggestions you may have had (or couldn't fit in).

The LH team are having a big Community brainstorming session next month and I thought it would be best to bring some ideas from the community itself - so suggest and brainstorm (blue sky think?) away.

KittyPurry [sign in to see picture]

Oooh I've done the survey but just remembered something I wanted to suggest!

Earlier this year I was doing my exams and final project and got sent a tester to review, it took me ages to get round to reviewing it because I was just so busy. Most of the time I'm thrilled to get review products but I felt so guilty about this one because I didn't have the time to test it. I imagine there are other situations when people would prefer not to get sent them e.g. they're away on holiday. I think would be awesome if there was somewhere to post or a setting you could choose that said "no testers at the minute please."

Thanks for doing the survey Alice and for creating an area to make suggestions! I do love how customer orientated Love Honey is, y'all are far too good to us!

xxKPxx

Heart2Heart [sign in to see picture]

I've just finished the survey.

I really do think we should be able to delete our own posts, in some cases i might write something and forget to mispell something, just wish we could delete it then re-write if need be xD

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

How about somewhere we can put suggestions?

Sorry Alice, I held off for a while, but I couldn't resist

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

I do think HS is right - the featured member does seem to rotate a lot of people who don't post - and has anyone else noticed that the same people come up on it time and time again?

Adx

I think, the "report this post" function ought to have a message box so you can say why you're reporting a post!

Adx

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

I think, the "report this post" function ought to have a message box so you can say why you're reporting a post!

Adx

Oh I second this! It's always nice to be able to explain why something's bugged you.

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

shellyboo wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Oh I second this! It's always nice to be able to explain why something's bugged you.

I'll agree too! Haven't actually used the function, but either a message box to say why, or at least a list of options like spam/harassment/innappropriate/ginger/whatever would be better than just an unspecified reason. Fair enough, it might be obvious, but I know it feels better when you can say outright what's bugging you so you're not wondering if the person who investigated the report just missed what you saw.

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

I like KP nad Alicia's suggestions! I was also thinking that with the chat it would be nice to be able to send people offline messages? It wouldn't be a priority but it would be nice x

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

I would have mentioned this, I reported a post recently so it would be nice to explain why.

Will get my thinking cap on...

Wizzie86 wrote:

I like KP nad Alicia's suggestions! I was also thinking that with the chat it would be nice to be able to send people offline messages? It wouldn't be a priority but it would be nice x

You could always buy them a wishlist gift and write a message! :P

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

WandA wrote:

Wizzie86 wrote:

You'll have to write to me more often ;-) lol. If we're removing the featured member, how about putting the DOTD link there? Or extending the most active members this week to 20? Just thinking about what could go in the space...

Wizzie86 wrote:

WandA wrote:

Wizzie86 wrote:

You'll have to write to me more often ;-) lol. If we're removing the featured member, how about putting the DOTD link there? Or extending the most active members this week to 20? Just thinking about what could go in the space...

Links to review of the week? Members photo of the month?

Errr... Why can I not submit my survey... No buttons or clickable bits...

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

BashfulBabe wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

I'll agree too! Haven't actually used the function, but either a message box to say why, or at least a list of options like spam/harassment/innappropriate/ginger/whatever would be better than just an unspecified reason. Fair enough, it might be obvious, but I know it feels better when you can say outright what's bugging you so you're not wondering if the person who investigated the report just missed what you saw.

Any reason why ginger is a problem BB? I'd get reported every day....hahal

On a serious note, the reasons for reporting are great, I'm a mod on a much bigger forum & if we didn't have the reasons why it'd be a nightmare modding as it's not always immediately obvious.

Also agree on the featured members thing, mine tends to always be same people who never actually post.

Don't see the need for the top 10 posters either, for some it seems to be a competition & tends to lead to loads of random rubbish posts to just get post numbers up.

Shall keep thinking....

WandA wrote:

Found that when I used Firefox and to a lesser extent IE. There's a bit of a sizing issue so the 'Next' button is behind the 'category' bit. Chrome seems to fit it right for me anyway, if you can use that.

BashfulBabe wrote:

WandA wrote:

Found that when I used Firefox and to a lesser extent IE. There's a bit of a sizing issue so the 'Next' button is behind the 'category' bit. Chrome seems to fit it right for me anyway, if you can use that.

I noticed if I zoomed in with shift+scroll to a font size somewhere between 36-48 it popped up... Strange but it worked out. Thank you anyway. I almost had to use IE, phew!

headsouth wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Yes, that's massively important to me too... very odd to have no say at all about it... I bet Alice and co get a lot of "reports" and have no idea why they're even there in the first place.

Long ago, I got a spanking for being "too personal" with WandA - I asked to be told which posts were reported and it looked to me that it was far more likely they were reported for being off topic since I wasn't even talking to WandA in the posts. A message system would have saved the confusion!

Adxx

Just was reminded of one niggle that keeps cropping up: the way links automaticlaly absorb spaces, punctuation or other characters after them. Easy enough to fix the link once you know the problem is a random space hanging onto the end, but it confused me a fair few times at the start, and does catch people out a lot. I know part of the problem is that it's automated to prevent un-approved links being clickable, but if there was some way to phrase the links yourself, even if they still had to go through the filter, might make things easier.

BashfulBabe wrote:

Just was reminded of one niggle that keeps cropping up: the way links automaticlaly absorb spaces, punctuation or other characters after them. Easy enough to fix the link once you know the problem is a random space hanging onto the end, but it confused me a fair few times at the start, and does catch people out a lot. I know part of the problem is that it's automated to prevent un-approved links being clickable, but if there was some way to phrase the links yourself, even if they still had to go through the filter, might make things easier.

Brackets maybe? Square one brackets if you're feeling frisky.

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Outbound links would be amazing, actually. Super amazing. Though I understand why LH might not want to do that!

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.