• What would you like to earn Oh! Points for?

    1293583597
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6178
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Are you ready for this LH? I'd like a few more things I wouldn't buy otherwise or are just slightly too pricey in cash.

    I'd like a few books such as:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15493

    The clone kits would be good:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2448

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=5916

    Some more stockings such as:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13870

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3242

    Some male stuff to wear, I'm unlikely to spend actual money on something that may mentally castrate me:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20938

    A cheap practical applicator:

    http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=4229

    1305559712
    ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 522
    • Joined: 26 Sep 2010

    points for submitting reviews is a good idea as long as it doesnt encourage the unhelpful reviews that basically say it was brill/crap but dont explain why

    xGGx

    1305559959
    EmilyBlenkins [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 247
    • Joined: 1 Nov 2010

    ghostgirl wrote:

    points for submitting reviews is a good idea as long as it doesnt encourage the unhelpful reviews that basically say it was brill/crap but dont explain why

    xGGx

    Exactly my thoughts.

    1305743399
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    EmilyBlenkins wrote:

    ghostgirl wrote:

    points for submitting reviews is a good idea as long as it doesnt encourage the unhelpful reviews that basically say it was brill/crap but dont explain why

    xGGx

    Exactly my thoughts.

    Maybe points could be rewarded by the OH team when they edit and post it? Maybe like 50 points for a helpful one? That way people wouldn't be rewarded for bad reviews

    1305743707
    EmilyBlenkins [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 247
    • Joined: 1 Nov 2010

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    EmilyBlenkins wrote:

    ghostgirl wrote:

    points for submitting reviews is a good idea as long as it doesnt encourage the unhelpful reviews that basically say it was brill/crap but dont explain why

    xGGx

    Exactly my thoughts.

    Maybe points could be rewarded by the OH team when they edit and post it? Maybe like 50 points for a helpful one? That way people wouldn't be rewarded for bad reviews

    Hm, I think that's not such a great idea.. Cause what's helpful to one person could be unhelpful to others and it may make some people angry if they don't get points. Also, it might make the review-editing process slower because they feel more responsible.

    1305743909
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    EmilyBlenkins wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    EmilyBlenkins wrote:

    ghostgirl wrote:

    points for submitting reviews is a good idea as long as it doesnt encourage the unhelpful reviews that basically say it was brill/crap but dont explain why

    xGGx

    Exactly my thoughts.

    Maybe points could be rewarded by the OH team when they edit and post it? Maybe like 50 points for a helpful one? That way people wouldn't be rewarded for bad reviews

    Hm, I think that's not such a great idea.. Cause what's helpful to one person could be unhelpful to others and it may make some people angry if they don't get points. Also, it might make the review-editing process slower because they feel more responsible.

    I'm not really sure how else you could do it. You couldn't even go with the do you find this review helpful button as most people don't use it.

    1305744296
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2148
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    I think really LH have a great review system. They will post reviews if they are in the -'s or the +'s. Also they will post reviews that maybe classed as bad by others. I think personally it would be unfair to judge people on whether there review is helpful or not, as in all honesty depending on your background, what you are looking for, how much you are willing to read etc; everyone has a different opinion. I think a system basing points on how helpful something is would be extremely biased.

    There were posts before about gaining points for reviewing but really there was a big problem of people abusing the system if that happened.....

    Hey we review products because we like sharing our individual experiences, we don't hope to gain anything from it.... maybe I'm being hopeful?

    Maybe I’m being optimistic, but I review on this site for the following reasons:

    I really like the review layout and format.

    I like how it is honest and will post peoples thoughts and opinions of their experiences.

    And I know this is lame, I like how they sensory out swearing.

    I like the community and responses from the public.

    Though are just a few, and I feel any reviewer who posts with an intention of gaining points or toys aren’t always the best as really you have to have you heart in there somewhere.

    Yes points are nice but really with the discounts and offers LH provide they are the best. I think with additional points for reviews would also be kind of greedy... sorry. That’s why I like it when they select people at the review of the month for points or host your review in a blog because it actually means something.

    1305744299
    EmilyBlenkins [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 247
    • Joined: 1 Nov 2010

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    EmilyBlenkins wrote:

    MasqueradeMinx wrote:

    EmilyBlenkins wrote:

    ghostgirl wrote:

    points for submitting reviews is a good idea as long as it doesnt encourage the unhelpful reviews that basically say it was brill/crap but dont explain why

    xGGx

    Exactly my thoughts.

    Maybe points could be rewarded by the OH team when they edit and post it? Maybe like 50 points for a helpful one? That way people wouldn't be rewarded for bad reviews

    Hm, I think that's not such a great idea.. Cause what's helpful to one person could be unhelpful to others and it may make some people angry if they don't get points. Also, it might make the review-editing process slower because they feel more responsible.

    I'm not really sure how else you could do it. You couldn't even go with the do you find this review helpful button as most people don't use it.

    I suppose, but do you see where I'm coming from on how it isn't good? =/

    1305744445
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2148
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    Emily I understand in all honesty, sorry for taking so long in replying but if you look back you will see my thoughts....

    basically why not review because you want to share your thoughts and feelings towards a product rather than being brided?

    1305744568
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    I do understand Emily. I just don't see how you could do it.

    Nymph, I suppose its an incentive? I review because I like to, but I guess if there was a chance of points I would like it.

    1305744815
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2148
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    Yes but an incentive leads to biased reveiws... I know that LH reviews aren't a course in study or science but we really want people to review as honestly as they can. putting the chance in front of people of gaining something can actually cause a true opinion to be faulse. It's the same in a professional sense if you are being paid in any way your point is not valid.

    1305745015
    Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2582
    • Joined: 18 Apr 2010

    The Nymphomaniac wrote:

    Yes but an incentive leads to biased reveiws... I know that LH reviews aren't a course in study or science but we really want people to review as honestly as they can. putting the chance in front of people of gaining something can actually cause a true opinion to be faulse. It's the same in a professional sense if you are being paid in any way your point is not valid.

    But a good review isn't necessarily a helpful one. Sometimes a bad review can be the most helpful.

    If it was a scale of helpfulness why would people lie?

    1305745204
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2148
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    OK but who will make this scale up? This is where the problem lies. who will gain comntrol on saying that this review for a product is bad or good? even if one has had experience of the same product it can be different, also the way people can write can be seen differently.

    1305745658
    MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 893
    • Joined: 1 Feb 2010

    Am sure there is a diff thread on this somewhere and Lh have said they wouldn't give points for reviews for the many reasons I'm sure have been previously debated, objectivity/subjectivity/encouraging rubbish reviews/encouraging people to 'like' their own reviews etc etc.

    The review systems works well now, an incentive would seriously affect its' credibility.

    Have searched for the thread but can't find it.

    1305745974
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2148
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    MissTerryCleavage wrote:

    Am sure there is a diff thread on this somewhere and Lh have said they wouldn't give points for reviews for the many reasons I'm sure have been previously debated, objectivity/subjectivity/encouraging rubbish reviews/encouraging people to 'like' their own reviews etc etc.

    The review systems works well now, an incentive would seriously affect its' credibility.

    Have searched for the thread but can't find it.

    I agree these are the same problems I've found in the pasy posys about thee subject

    1305770997
    BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 716
    • Joined: 24 Apr 2010

    They have given point out for things mentioned in reviews that help to correct an issue with the item's description or some such (for instance, if measurements are wrong or misleading, then giving corrected versions that lead to them re-checking and altering the blurb), since while that creates more work, it means much less disappointed customers from a technical standpoint, and since it's factual it's either right or wrong. But going beyond that to more subjective things like whether a review is good or bad is too tricky.

    Plus, there's already a sort-of points reward for reviews, since the "Highly Commended" reviews for RotM tend to get a sizeable chunk of points, so while they don't reward every good review, they do reward what are considered some of the best from the past month. I think that's enough, to be honest, to avoid competitiveness, hurt feelings if they didn't flag yours as deserving, as well as accusations of 'buying' reviews and creating bias as folk consentrate on the reward instead of the process.

    1310686378
    newlyweds [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 21 Dec 2009

    A small amount of points 10-20 for each purchase that is reviewed would be a good incentive to encourage more people to review products.

    1310686515
    newlyweds [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 21 Dec 2009

    Also what about a referal reward scheme. For every 3 friends you get 100 oh points

    1310985453
    Arkadia [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 36
    • Joined: 21 Oct 2010

    newlyweds wrote:

    Also what about a referal reward scheme. For every 3 friends you get 100 oh points

    That would be pretty awesome. I've referred more than a couple of friends to LoveHoney! :)

    1310998115
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2022
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    newlyweds wrote:

    A small amount of points 10-20 for each purchase that is reviewed would be a good incentive to encourage more people to review products.

    This was discussed before and that would potentially encourage reviews of unknown quality. I do spend relatively lot of time when writing a review, especially with the more expensive products. But if you look at the way some people write the reviews, those are not quality reviews, they dont tell much about the actual product, apart how bad it was, how good it was, how many orgasms did the person have. But there are other things people may be interested in. Like how its made, was it easy to operate, how well vibrations travell, if it has patterns, what those patterns are etc.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.