1. If we made a new forum, what would YOU want from it?

    1571756229
    Ian Chimp [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4213
    • Joined: 27 Mar 2018

    AsYouWish! wrote:

    I think we need to be careful what we wish for! Notifications could be a bit of a pain as lots of people access and comment at all times of day. I don't want a Lovehoney notification to ping up when I am at work for example.

    Hopefully they'd make them optional. 🙂
    1571756596
    Ian Chimp [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4213
    • Joined: 27 Mar 2018

    I have another. A bigger text box when editing. On my phone it's about big enough for two words. I can drag the corner to make it bigger, but it'd be nice if it was just a normal size to start with. 👍

    1571764915
    Mr_Kink [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 83
    • Joined: 15 Jun 2015

    I think like most have commented, a half decent Search would be nice.

    General appearance could be improved, such as Quoted posts, maybe each level tabbed in, can be hard to trace through the boxes - a little tough on the eyes.

    Also, Would be good to 'like' or 'dislike' a comment, a 'follow' perhaps, so if particular topic has an update can get a notification.  I think whats currently there works in terms of privacy (or at least for me), it just needs a little spruce up.  If too much is done around allowing images, memes etc., people may abuse it would become a lot harder to administer.

    If anything is bought in for changes to Friends where can directly communicate, the current option of not being contactable needs to be available (and default).  My OH would not be comfortable if discussions when from open shared forum to direct and private.  

    I'd expect with a lot of the subject matter it is difficult to make massive changes and also keep everyone feeling 'safe', if thats the right way to put it.  

    Oh and some little bits so that if you get logged out whilst typing a long message, you don't lose what you have written - that has caught me out too many times ha ha ha

    1571785053
    hampshirecouple [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1104
    • Joined: 21 Apr 2014

    To be honest, having used the forums for a few years now, Iapart from the recent issues, I like it as it is. I'm not keen on the phone notification idea as if its a popular thread you could go ping crazy. I would like a few more emoji's to use in text, maybe some sexy ones

    1571791788
    Knottydevil [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 335
    • Joined: 23 Jul 2014

    Hi Nick,

    Thanks for asking. I love the forums and would be happy for it to carry on as it is 😁

    I’d also be pretty happy to see any tweaks to make it more iOS friendly. Might switch allegiance to iPadOS soon tho...

    Thanks for all your hard work.

    1571817139
    Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2226
    • Joined: 30 Jan 2013

    Would love to have notifications when someone has commented on a thread I've posted.

    1571844593
    Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2647
    • Joined: 27 Feb 2010

    Mr_Kink wrote:

    Oh and some little bits so that if you get logged out whilst typing a long message, you don't lose what you have written - that has caught me out too many times ha ha ha

    The simple fix to that is type it in a program like word, then copy into the forum, or just select all, then copy, before you post. That way if it times out, you can just paste the whole lot back in.

    1571850316
    MsR [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1318
    • Joined: 14 Jul 2017

    Mr_Kink wrote:

    If anything is bought in for changes to Friends where can directly communicate, the current option of not being contactable needs to be available (and default).  My OH would not be comfortable if discussions when from open shared forum to direct and private.  

    I'd expect with a lot of the subject matter it is difficult to make massive changes and also keep everyone feeling 'safe', if thats the right way to put it.  

    Oh and some little bits so that if you get logged out whilst typing a long message, you don't lose what you have written - that has caught me out too many times ha ha ha

    Absolutely agree about the Friends / private chat. I like having the forum open and public and wouldn't take part if it was private for the same reason plus the risk of being hassled.

    I think the way subjevt matter is listed cold be broken down into smaller categories, to make it easy to find things of interest and to scroll on past anything which doesn't appeal.

    I - as Alicia suggested - generally write reviews in Word and copy forum messages before posting, as I've lost a lot too.

    Good points, Mr Kink.

    1571856521
    defam [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 395
    • Joined: 14 Jun 2011

    This isn't a technical feature, but I'd like to see slightly stricter rules/moderation around thread titles.

    There are hundreds of threads where the title tells you absolutely nothing about the subject of the thread. (e.g. "A quick question"...) 

    This makes searching much harder, and duplication inevitable.

    1571874363
    KeepTheBedWarm [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 2
    • Joined: 19 Sep 2015

    I'd like to see an App for the forum, bonus if the shopping side is also incorporated as well.

    My phone browser doesnt display the site sometimes and I find shopping easier when in App format (such as your favourite action or marketplace). This would allow push notifications to your device from the forum and order status etc.

    Just my desires and thoughts ;)

    1571874752
    FunnyMonkey [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 108
    • Joined: 29 Aug 2011

    Hi Nick,

    Thanks for asking! This might sound strange but the forum has made me a much more loyal customer. I think most of the big ones for me have already been raised. That said, I've tried to cover them below just in case it helps.

    1. Notifications when someone has responded to my post and/or the ability to follow a thread for new responses.

    2. Optional notifications for new threads or a digest email covering all new topics that day/week - or the most popular ones.

    3. The ability to upvote or 'thank' users for their post. It could be public or anonymous (both have pros and cons). Perhaps incorporating downvotes as well if you have sufficient traffic.

    4. I don't know how to phrase this - but - as a relatively new user I'm not sure what this forum aims to be. It appears to try to steer clear of overt erotica or users interacting in a sexual manner but some posts feel like they come pretty close to crossing that line. They can veer from advice on a topic to explicit boasts of sexual behaviour. I'm not bothered about whether this forum contains erotica or not but I would like to be able to avoid it at times, as I primarily browse for information on how to have better sex (and which toys to buy next!)

    It could be solved with some simple structuring? If you want to compare with another forum that does advice quite well I would look at /r/sex on reddit or perhaps the literotica forums.

    5. I think (controversially?) the advice on the forums often beats the LH advice blog. So if there was the option for a wiki or sticky post cataloguing useful forum strings by topic I'd appreciate it!

    6. Formatting that works on mobile - I see you've already addressed this one and the search feature!

    Hmm, that's it from me for now :)

    1571915686
    MrsG. [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 505
    • Joined: 13 Jan 2019

    Good point about LH Notifications, I didn't quite think of it that way, I too wouldn't actually want LH pinging and popping up all day long. Maybe if a message could pop up on your home page, like when you have a "friend request" from another member on the forum, this way its much more discreet. X

    1571919874
    MsR [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1318
    • Joined: 14 Jul 2017

    KeepTheBedWarm wrote:

    I'd like to see an App for the forum, bonus if the shopping side is also incorporated as well.

    My phone browser doesnt display the site sometimes and I find shopping easier when in App format (such as your favourite action or marketplace). This would allow push notifications to your device from the forum and order status etc.

    Just my desires and thoughts ;)

    Great idea about an app. My phone won’t let me access the site via Mail or the browsers. It comes up with the bonkers message: Adult Content RETURN TO SAFETY. 

    !!!

    1571937751
    Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2647
    • Joined: 27 Feb 2010

    Another thought; if you did put search and filter options into the profile page, then the ability to tag your own posts to make finding them again easier. 

    Also, a my favourites section, so that you could tag a thread in the forums, that you may want to read again at some point.

    1571937807
    MsR [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1318
    • Joined: 14 Jul 2017

    A point about notifications: I can understand not wanting devices pinging off in all directions (at least, not those devices), but surely the settings etc can be altered? E.g. I've turned off email notifications on my phone but still get notifications for texts. That means I see text messages immediately but check my emails at a time of my own choosing.

    I don't use my phone / ipad for work though, and I'm not obliged to be available 24/7. But the point is that each device's settings can be individualised. We could sign up for Lovehoney notifications but turn off the alerts as and when we like.

    1572003345
    Mr_Kink [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 83
    • Joined: 15 Jun 2015

    Alicia4Ever wrote:

    Another thought; if you did put search and filter options into the profile page, then the ability to tag your own posts to make finding them again easier. 

    Also, a my favourites section, so that you could tag a thread in the forums, that you may want to read again at some point.

    A little tip around finding your own posts is to view your own profile as others see it - if you scroll down you will see all of your forum postss and can go straight to them!

    For example a link to my member profile   https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/mr-kink-2/

    It shows all comments you have made.

    1572003663
    Mr_Kink [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 83
    • Joined: 15 Jun 2015

    Alicia4Ever wrote:

    Mr_Kink wrote:

    Oh and some little bits so that if you get logged out whilst typing a long message, you don't lose what you have written - that has caught me out too many times ha ha ha

    The simple fix to that is type it in a program like word, then copy into the forum, or just select all, then copy, before you post. That way if it times out, you can just paste the whole lot back in.

    Yes indeed, I also get in habit of copying content before I post so I can just log back in and paste n post.  Thanks VM for suggesting.  Only point I was making is in an ideal world, it would just give you option to sign in and then post the content - for less tech savvy people (and people posting from phones) it would make life a lot simpler.  I'm pretty sure it isn't too difficult to fix if they're doing work on the look, feel and behaviour of the forums.

    1572041454
    waitingformagic [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 35
    • Joined: 21 Dec 2011

    I don't use it much posting but do read a little more often. ***It's very basic. A lot more basic than I would expect from LH. It's not pretty or easily navigated. Things seem to clump into paragraphs but don't other times and it isn't clear how to fix that. I'd probably post more if it was a bit more user friendly. I particularly don't like using it on my phone, and we all know most people are all about phones (I prefer laptop but usin a phone sometimes is handy.) ***I like that there is a 'ranking' so you can see who's posted a lot (could be reassuring for newbies as there are creepy types on even 'innocent' websites like clothing re-selling or music. ***I don't get the friend thing?

    1572289733
    Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2647
    • Joined: 27 Feb 2010

    Mr_Kink wrote:

    Alicia4Ever wrote:

    Another thought; if you did put search and filter options into the profile page, then the ability to tag your own posts to make finding them again easier. 

    Also, a my favourites section, so that you could tag a thread in the forums, that you may want to read again at some point.

    A little tip around finding your own posts is to view your own profile as others see it - if you scroll down you will see all of your forum postss and can go straight to them!

    For example a link to my member profile   https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/mr-kink-2/

    It shows all comments you have made.

    Thanks, I am aware of how to do that; however if you will note, I have over 2400 posts. Rather a lot to manually search through page by page.

    1572319350
    thumpingrug [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 89
    • Joined: 7 May 2012

    It would be nice if we didnt have to log in each and every time we visit. (unless thats just me).

    Other forums i use "remember" the last post in a thread that I looked at and take me direct to it.  That would also be nice.

    I like the idea of upvoteing a comment, but be caseful with anything that coudl be used negativly

    A lot of other forums I use a lot (guitars and motorbikes) have photo posting features but I guess that might be used inappropriatly here so might not be such a sensible suggestion.

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.