1. Wishlists

Maurella [sign in to see picture]

I've got a few questions. Firstly, can you link your LH wishlist to people that don't have a LH account? Secondly, will the person be able to see your address and other personal info if they buy you something?

Lyndav71 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Maurella,

Many of the members on here are supportive and friendly. Some have sent gifts to cheer each other up and this is ok as people become very friendly on here and give excellent advice and get to know each other pretty well through the tone and comments of posts. As say NO Personal data is breached.

THEORY

It works like this say I wanted to send you a gift I click on your name/icon to your post and can see your profile. Nowhere on here does it say any of your personal information.

As I scroll down I see your wishlist and there is a green button says add to basket. I could then do that and it would be charged to me but LH are clever and know the item has come from your wishlist and they send it directly to you.

I would not have any idea where it was going except that I had sent it to you.

In terms of you receiving it, I don't know if it tells you who sent it but it would not have my personal details on so you would not know where I live.

PRACTICE

I have never been a sender or receiver so I honestly haven't gone past looking at wishlists but the information I have just given you is based on my reading of posts and how it works.

If you go to search bar and put in- how do wishlists work? you may get more info.

Hope that helps?

Covered in bees [sign in to see picture]

Hi Maurella,

What Lyndav says is right. What I would add is that you asked if you could send your wishlist to someone without them having a LH account: I think you could send a link, but they'd have to create an account to see it. If I'm not signed in I can view profiles but it says I need to sign in to see wishlists. And of course, if you send your wishlist to someone then they'd certainly need an account in order to buy you anything. 😁

Covered in bees [sign in to see picture]

Wait, please ignore some of what I just said... I just checked and if I'm logged out I *can* see wishlists. (I got confused - it's just photos you can't see unless you log in.)

Sorry! Hope this now helps more than it confuses!!

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Maurella wrote:

I've got a few questions. Firstly, can you link your LH wishlist to people that don't have a LH account? Secondly, will the person be able to see your address and other personal info if they buy you something?

Hey Maurella

1) You can share your wishlist with anyone you like. Your friend does not need to have a Lovehoney account, and they can shop from your wishlist as a guest. (Please note, shopping as a guest at Lovehoney will change which returns policy you are covered by.)

In order for your friend to see your wishlist, you must make sure that you set it to either "public" or "only people I have shared it with" before sharing it with them. 

2) The person shopping for you will not be able to see any of your personal information. Your name, address and all other saved information is kept completely private. Our staff can see when an order has been gifted via wishlist and for securtiy reasons, we will never discuss your delivery / account information with the person gifting you.

The only details we ever discuss with the Gifter is the payment information / billing address and any changes to the order itself (such as swapping a product, for example).

Any other Qs, please feel free to chat to our customer care team who are available on the phone, email or live chat 24/7. Thanks! 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.