1. New Returns Policy FYI

Senator [sign in to see picture]

I can't imagine buying something, not liking it and then returning it used, its certainly not how things work in this part of the world, but, it was a significant point of difference for LH, knowing you can return things is a great amount of "piece of mind".

In general for me, the cost of returning an item probably outweighs any refund I might get if something wasn't quite right, so I'll just concentrate more on buying quality, well reviewed items. Ive also purchased quite a few items on the basis of "I hope she likes it" as we have expanded our sexual appetites significantly in a very short period. There is likely to be more joint purchasing decisions rather than click and hope. Possibly not a bad thing I guess

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

I am still confused here and am seeking clarification:

Can I try on a lingerie item and if it does not fit can I return it?

I would obviously do my best to not remove or detach tags and palce it back in the clear baggie it came in... but what if it comes back and you determine it is no "resalable"? Are there guidelines to this?

THank you!

squiddie [sign in to see picture]

I hadn't seen this thread so started my own despite searching a couple of different terms so apologies.

This is what customer care told me/ my thoughts:

I just found out that there has been a new returns policy quietly implemented and I have to say I’m a little disappointed as to me that’s what set LH apart from the rest, but at the end of the day they are a business and need to make money.

This is what customer care told me:
    LH:
    Sure - Due to the immense amount of items we received back (and had to destroy) we had to change it.
    You can return any item within 30 days as long as they are in re-sellable condition.
    This means for packed items - unopened.
    No imitate items should not be worn and the labels on there.
    If they come in a sealed pack - it needs to be unopened.
    We still guarantee all our items for faults for a full year after purchase.
    And the 3rd is our sexual hapiness guarantee.
    You need to have an account with us for it.
    Me:
    Right, okay, thanks for clarifying. I do indeed have an account and have for a long time :)
    LH:
    If you have used a toy - you can return it within 30 days and we will send you an alternative - best let us know what you did not like and we will send you another one.
    Me:
    Oh okay, that’s good to know
    And as for anything bought prior to the 19th January is covered by the previous policy?
    LH:
    Sure!
    We cannot change a contract after it was made!

I am intrigued in the “Sexual Happiness Guarantee”, that could be really useful to some sex toy newbies.

Thoughts?

Lu SB [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 wrote:

I am still confused here and am seeking clarification:

Can I try on a lingerie item and if it does not fit can I return it?

I would obviously do my best to not remove or detach tags and palce it back in the clear baggie it came in... but what if it comes back and you determine it is no "resalable"? Are there guidelines to this?

THank you!

Hi Vanessa8,

I also have the same doubt as you. Before placing an order for lingerie, I'll make sure to contact the customer services just to be on the safe side.

Another side I find it a bit confusing: if I return with all the tags and trying it on withoyt removing the seal, over my own underwear, will we get a replacement of something similar. It that's the case, I'm not too sure I'll be buying underwear because for me it has to fit but also look nice, you know what I mean. Replacement for a toy is something, but for underwear it a bit tricky - in my opinion.

Lil_MissNaughty [sign in to see picture]

squiddie wrote:

This is what customer care told me:

LH:
    Sure - Due to the immense amount of items we received back (and had to destroy) we had to change it.
    You can return any item within 30 days as long as they are in re-sellable condition.
    This means for packed items - unopened.
    No imitate items should not be worn and the labels on there.
    If they come in a sealed pack - it needs to be unopened.

This has totally confused me now. I asked customer care about lingerie - see my earlier post on this thread, and they said that lingerie can be tried on and returned as long as the tags aren't removed and you keep your own knickers on.

I have very little money to spend on luxuries, so will stop ordering altogether if I'm not able to return an item because despite my best efforts to interpret the size charts given on the item page, it doesn't actually fit me when I try it on. I'm often in-between sizes so it's hard to work out which size to go for.

Can someone from Lovehoney please clarify the situation regarding returning lingerie/clothing and whether it can be tried on or not.

Thank you very much!

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Hello 

I see there are a few questions about Returns, as stated it's new so we understand it will take some time to get used to.

Please contact customer care if you have any queries as they are best placed to answer them.

Thank you 

Lil_MissNaughty [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Hello

I see there are a few questions about Returns, as stated it's new so we understand it will take some time to get used to.

Please contact customer care if you have any further queries as they are best placed to answer them.

Thank you

Will do Leanne, but it seems people are being given different information by different members of staff.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

From what I see the previous discussion some answers been around toys and sealed packaging. Lingerie has been asked separately. 

I think maybe this thread running has confused things with what customers are asking about specifically.

So moving forward I think it is best to speak directly to Customer Care about the specifics regarding the item(s) you wish to know about. 

Hope this helps 

Slutty Little Mrs B [sign in to see picture]

PrincessSparkle wrote:

I don't wanna be the one that turns round and says this sucks compared to the old policy, but...it sucks.

I mean, it's still half decent, and compared to other sites and stores, it's amazing, but it's not what we've come to love about LH.

Still, it's a change we saw coming and one we will adjust to, just like the free shipping policies.

I think lingerie and bondage should be included in the Sexual Happiness policy though. It's no different to sex toys, and in the case of bondage potentially more relevant.

Same. I mean I totally understand the need to change the policy (and if I'm honest I was still impressed they ever even offered the old policy) But still. Oh well, the new policy is still fantastic considering the products they sell AND even better compared to other shops so I'll swallow it (Ah see what I did there lol)

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Tiger Dick wrote:

The biggest single issue for me personally is the thought of not being able to return something that was bought as a gift in advance of an occasion, ie Valentines day, bought in an after Xmas sale.

The time frame doesn't allow this to be possible, I used my birthday discount (thanks, Lovehoney) to buy a couple of things that under normal circumstances I couldn't afford to buy (particularly as Xmas tends to swallow up more of our disposable income than usual) to buy Mrs. TD something special in advance of a special time for us.

LH has been an amazing place to buy from and has been brilliant to us, so we will continue to shop here, in the full knowledge of this policy change. I will suggest however that LH have the option to have a tick box that this is a gift, with a limit of say three months grace for specific items, to mitigate this, you only need to look at Black Friday sales and the number of people buying things for their OH's as Christmas presents. There is a disconnect between purchase dates and motive to buy to the returns limits.

I'd also imagine some items will also be covered by the Sale of goods act, which will ensure that reasonable usage from items/being of merchantable quality will still apply.

This was my main concern with the new policy as i did use the black friday sale to buy my wife christmas presents which were lingerie and a sex toy. The only thought i did have is if lovehoney would do gift reciepts from the start of november up until christmas.To allow any christmas gifts to be returned throught the month of january only.

Saucy Eros [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Nick wrote:

The new policy is effective for orders placed from today.

The old policy stands for orders placed for up to a year from yesterday.

Hope that helps.

Please contact customer care if you have any further queries as they are best placed to answer them.

Thanks!

That's awesome! Thank you, I was getting a little worried - some toys I bought last year and don't use (not fun) I was considering returning and changing for more "enjoyable" ones, good to know I still can.
    G&K2009 [sign in to see picture]

Can’t complain about those policies!

Shouganai [sign in to see picture]

It's a pity to hear they had to have so many items returned and destroyed- whenever I ordered something I knew wouldn't work for me I didn't even bother taking it out of the packaging, and I'd write on the receipt inside something like "Unopened/Unused" in the hopes it would save them time and money... I guess other people weren't doing that. 😕

Given that I never use toys without added protection anyway, if I get something in future that doesn't work for me (and it's appropriate) I'll just ask a friend if they want it instead. 😋

Life goes on, and so does LoveHoney. 💜

Dannylew [sign in to see picture]

I think the new and old policy’s are extremely good. Most places just offer the standard 2 week or 30 days. LH is right on top of the game.

PurringTiger [sign in to see picture]

Still sad that these changes happened but can totally understand why they needed to happen and I agree that compared to other companies they are still good.

However ...

Initially I refrained from posting but unfortunately for me it's several months on and I have to admit it has hugely changed how I shop with Lovehoney now. I rarely ever returned anything, I think I've mainly only returned faulty items, but the knowledge that I had time to be able to work out if something was good for me or not was what made me take chances especially on more expensive toys.

I have serious health issues and 30 days just isn't long enough for me some times to be able to work out if if works for me or not. Example being - An item I want comes on offer - combined with a good rewards perk or % off BUT I'm in the midst of a really bad flare up that I know is going to take at least two weeks to recover from. Do I order and chance that I get to test it out within the remaining 2 weeks enough to decide or am I going to have another flare up in a week and then it will still be in it's box at the end of 30 days? Or if I'm being extremely lucky I might have a tester that I have to use - then I know I won't get chance to find out as I'll be using what good days I have to test the tester. So I end up not ordering. Then there's the whole we'll exchange it for something else instead of a refund, I'm quite picky about what I buy and quite often I won't have a backup option in mind.

I know most people won't /don't have these issues but to me the old poilcy made buying new things and taking a chance on them much more likely. I also don't feel as comfortable recommending Lovehoney as much as I used to now either, the old policy was a huge selling point for me.

runner123 [sign in to see picture]

A business decision must have been made by LH which worked out their profit options and they amended the policy.

Saying that, the number of offers / emails seems high to me at present - anyone else agree?

LadySpider [sign in to see picture]

PurringTiger wrote:

Still sad that these changes happened but can totally understand why they needed to happen and I agree that compared to other companies they are still good.

However ...

Initially I refrained from posting but unfortunately for me it's several months on and I have to admit it has hugely changed how I shop with Lovehoney now. I rarely ever returned anything, I think I've mainly only returned faulty items, but the knowledge that I had time to be able to work out if something was good for me or not was what made me take chances especially on more expensive toys.

I have serious health issues and 30 days just isn't long enough for me some times to be able to work out if if works for me or not. Example being - An item I want comes on offer - combined with a good rewards perk or % off BUT I'm in the midst of a really bad flare up that I know is going to take at least two weeks to recover from. Do I order and chance that I get to test it out within the remaining 2 weeks enough to decide or am I going to have another flare up in a week and then it will still be in it's box at the end of 30 days? Or if I'm being extremely lucky I might have a tester that I have to use - then I know I won't get chance to find out as I'll be using what good days I have to test the tester. So I end up not ordering. Then there's the whole we'll exchange it for something else instead of a refund, I'm quite picky about what I buy and quite often I won't have a backup option in mind.

I know most people won't /don't have these issues but to me the old poilcy made buying new things and taking a chance on them much more likely. I also don't feel as comfortable recommending Lovehoney as much as I used to now either, the old policy was a huge selling point for me.

Although I understand why the returns policy had to be changed, I kind of agree with Purring Tiger - I have the same issues. sometimes my pain levels are so high that I have to take stronger meds - all opiates - so sex is really not something I want or can enjoy... believe me - even the bestest vibe couldn't bring me off during those times! The flare-ups can last days or weeks...months sometimes :( Luckily it doesn't happen too often nowadays as my med cocktail is working for me - for now anyway.

I've only returned a couple of toys unused and still sealed in their boxes as they almost duplicated stuff I have already and faulty items.... and sadly returned a pile of undies (most unopened as I could see my boobies just wouldn't fit in the cups).

I am much more cautious about what I buy now - the 30-day policy just isn't long enough for me to decide if a toy is up to scratch for me. so sad it had to come to this, but I suppose business is business, Lovehoney can't be throwing all that stuff out...maybe they could have a sex toy jumble sale! lol

AmyA [sign in to see picture]

I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread but I spoke to someone on live chat this morning about returning a couple of things under the happiness guarantee. There were discounts used on the order and I wanted to know if that got taken into account when choosing a replacement of similar 'value' Now when a refund was an option you could of course keep that money till a similar offer came up but I was told the replacement cost would be what I paid i.e. minus the discount so to my mind that is not a replacement of similar 'value' in truest sense. When I pointed this out I was asked what it was I was looking to get in replacement but I hadn't decided so the customer service person advised to have a browse and come back to them so actually I'm still none the wiser but since it's two items I need to return I'm expecting to be able to choose replacements and the 'value' would I hope be the retail price as I don't have the option of a refund or credit to wait for a similar offer.

K&c30's [sign in to see picture]

AmyA wrote:

I don't know if this has been discussed in this thread but I spoke to someone on live chat this morning about returning a couple of things under the happiness guarantee. There were discounts used on the order and I wanted to know if that got taken into account when choosing a replacement of similar 'value' Now when a refund was an option you could of course keep that money till a similar offer came up but I was told the replacement cost would be what I paid i.e. minus the discount so to my mind that is not a replacement of similar 'value' in truest sense. When I pointed this out I was asked what it was I was looking to get in replacement but I hadn't decided so the customer service person advised to have a browse and come back to them so actually I'm still none the wiser but since it's two items I need to return I'm expecting to be able to choose replacements and the 'value' would I hope be the retail price as I don't have the option of a refund or credit to wait for a similar offer.

Sounds like you have an evening of toy hunting ahead. I can sort of see where they are coming from with not honouring they RRP price. Say i got something that had a 70% off discount knowing full well i was going to return it and then use that discount against a product that was new and was never going to have such a big discount associated to it. It would be a good way of getting the toy you want that doesn't have a discount at a discounted rate. So i think they are protecting themselfs from loopholes there. That being said i am not implying in any way that this is what you have done. With them asking you to have a look though sounds like they may be giving you a bit of wiggle room with it. Frustrating when you found a deal and then it doesn't work out. If i was to return something i would like a refund in thr form of points that i could then use towards a different item at a time that suited me Good luck with the hunt.
    AmyA [sign in to see picture]

Yes I absolutely see that point too, which is why I think credit/points as you suggest would be a much better solution. It's actually very rare that I can't get a toy to work for me one way or another. 😕

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.