£1.49 Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Serious Delay In Royal Mail Delivery

Ragnar Lodbrok [sign in to see picture]

Anyone else currently having problems with Royal Mail's delivery service?

This is not a grumble at you good people at LH - my gripe is with the Royal Mail.

I know we are approaching Christmas and that Royal Mail will be very busy, but when does a 24 Hours Tracked delivery actually take 24 hours, or even 48 hours?

I placed an order on Sunday 3 December (10:33) and received Royal Mail 24 Hours Tracked delivery. It was successfully delivered the next day, so Royal Mail cannot have been so busy on that day.

The next order I placed on Monday 4 December (11:58) also received Royal Mail 24 Hour Tracked Delivery and I was expecting its receipt on Tuesday 5 December. Having waited patiently all day for it to arrive, it failed to do so.

It is now Thursday 7 December and this order has yet to arrive. I completely understand that 24 Hours Tracked deliveries arrive successfully in that time frame for 95% of the time, but it's now 72 hours overdue - and I don't see my order arriving anytime soon!!

I have tracked my Order's progress on Royal Mail's on-line Track and Trace and tracked its journey:

Monday 4 Dec (18:19) : Received by South West RDC

Monday 4 Dec (20:48) : Item Expected

Tuesday 5 Dec (03:49) : Item Received - Sheffield Mail Centre

Wednesday 6 Dec (09:08) : Item Received - Sheffield City DO

Thursday 7 Dec (07:28) : Item Received - Sheffield Mail Centre

Royal Mail Explanation: Sorry, your item went to Sheffield City DO in error, so we re-routed it immediately. More information will be available as it travels through our network.

​I live miles away from Sheffield, so if my order is still there it could be another day(s) before my Order arrives. I'm annoyed as I don't want my wife to discover what I've ordered for her as a Christmas suprise. It is now very likely that she will be at home when (if) to take delivery of this order and the element of suprise will be lost.

In future, I think I'll choose the Free 48 Hour Delivery Service for my orders, instead of paying for a 24 Hour Tracked Delivery that hasnt worked out in my experience.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I am sorry to hear you have experienced this delay.

95% off Royal Mail parcels do get delivered on time, so sounds like you have been very unfortunate :(.

Please get in touch with customer care as they will have further details on any delays that RM may be experiencing. They will also be able to look into your order and delivery charges. 

Thanks for letting us know and once again my apologies. 

Ragnar Lodbrok [sign in to see picture]

Leanne, thank you for your kind support and suggestion.

Yes, it seems I've been very unfortunate in this c, as all our other orders in the past have been expedited by LH Despatch and have arrived on time.

I'll wait until tomorrow in order to discover from RM the whereabouts of my Order before I contact customer care.

Thanks again for your concern and for your advice.

curiousme [sign in to see picture]

I have the same problem at the moment, it says it's been routed to the wrong place and it's been re-routed.

I'll have to wait until Monday now as we won't be around to collect our new toy. These things happen I guess.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I am sorry to hear this curiousme.

Please, I urge anyone who is waiting for a parcel to speak to Customer Care. It all gets logged to Royal Mail and if need be with raise investigations to them. 

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/contact-us/

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.