99p Next Day delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  1. Facebook Live - Black Friday Bonanza!

*sexybabe* [sign in to see picture]

I was a bit slow šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ but now I know how it works Iā€™d love to do it again! Good fun šŸ˜

Melboi [sign in to see picture]

Woo hoo , I got a win , thanks lovehoney

Tazzy84red [sign in to see picture]

Melboi wrote:

Well done. Enjoy
    myrkari [sign in to see picture]

I don't know if you particularly care, but that now means we can sort of tell who you are - your full name was read out during the game? :s

Vroomo [sign in to see picture]

Oh dear. That didn’t work did it? Although I didn’t play I watched the feed live and saw people post answers but then get passed over.

Then somebody has just posted screen caps in a reply to LH on twitter that makes it look even worse because the winner of the big prize is pals with one of the people participating in the game... šŸ˜¬

Not that I’m suggesting it’s a fix, but first-past-the-post commenting on Facebook Live was complained about when there was a bondage giveaway a year or so ago and it’s still no better.

Tazzy84red [sign in to see picture]

I think it was 1st to comment when they said time was up. Can't see how it could be fixed. There was loads watching live.

Can't see lh trying to fix it. When the give Ā£100s of products free away for reviews every week.

Tazzy84red wrote:

I think it was 1st to comment when they said time was up. Can't see how it could be fixed. There was loads watching live.

Can't see lh trying to fix it. When the give £100s of products free away for reviews every week.

I don’t think it’s a fix, however there wasn’t any instruction about a “guess now” marker so it was a free-for-all. O2 gave away Star Wars tickets yesterday via Facebook Live and it was random selection from all the correct entries received in a designated 2 minutes, that seems like the fairest way as Facebook Live seemingly gives different comment feed to different viewers

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

Melboi wrote:

Congratts.

I got back on fb but I was out :(

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I was so confuddled at first. Took a while to suss it out.
    Congrats to those who won šŸŽ‰

Lovehoney - VideoTeam [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for all your feedback!
    We will be taking this on board for future live video broadcasts!

To answer a few posts in more detail:

1. Only Broadcasting on Facebook! - We will be taking this on board and being more inclusive of other platforms like Youtube, Twitter etc, in future broadcasts.

2. Fixed Competition - We can assure you the competition wasn't fixed, peoples comments were picked in accordance with our competition T's and C's, posted before the competition and can be found here: http://bit.ly/2zfb02T

3. Lag issues - We will take this on board for future broadcasts especially so that everyone has a chance to participate in competitions, even if you can't join in live at the time.

Please keep the feedback and ideas coming!

We are finding it really useful as we develop our live broadcasts.

Thanks for watching and stay tuned!

The Lovehoney Video Team

Re: point 2. I don’t think you can say:

1. The winner is the first entrant to provide an answer the presenters recognise as describing the product. It is not necessary to provide the full product name or correct brand; the first comment that follows the prompt within the comments, which is identifiable as describing the product, will be accepted.

Watch the video back on the Facebook page & @ 5.03 Mary Kelly was the first person to say ‘wand’ then a Zoe Evans was named as the winner, with people underneath commenting that they’d seen other people say wand first..

That’s what I was trying to say last night - Facebook Live can’t be used as first-past-the-post as it gives a slightly different feed to different viewers. To be fair you’d have to pick a name at random from all correct entries while the round was in play.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Vroomo wrote:

Re: point 2. I don’t think you can say:

1. The winner is the first entrant to provide an answer the presenters recognise as describing the product. It is not necessary to provide the full product name or correct brand; the first comment that follows the prompt within the comments, which is identifiable as describing the product, will be accepted.

Watch the video back on the Facebook page & @ 5.03 Mary Kelly was the first person to say ‘wand’ then a Zoe Evans was named as the winner, with people underneath commenting that they’d seen other people say wand first..

That’s what I was trying to say last night - Facebook Live can’t be used as first-past-the-post as it gives a slightly different feed to different viewers. To be fair you’d have to pick a name at random from all correct entries while the round was in play.

Hey Vroomo

Thanks for this - we'll take a closer look at that today. 

I think you're right though. We didn't fully anticipate the pure volume of comments which would come through (and in all our tests we weren't able to replicate that) so it was a little overwhelming. Also, the fact that posts don't show in "real time" to us at the time was something we didn't know. 

Next time I think the best thing would be to follow the method which you say O2 used and, rather than announce winners on cam, do it after we've had a good chance to see everyone's answers.

Thanks again for your feedback - this is new territory for us so anything we can do to make the next go EVEN better is always very welcome :) 

Good on you all. #JusticeForTheMaryKelly šŸ˜

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.