• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. What happens to returns?

ubergam3r [sign in to see picture]

I bought the 'strip bedroom blackjack card game' which arrived today with a few other things. I noticed the box was a bit torn like it had been opened before, then upon opening found the cards in a jumbled order with some of the edges damaged and some random bits of rubbery packaging between some of the cards.

It definitely had been opened and potentially used, which as you can imagine is a mood killer, disconcerting and generally makes me feel a bit icky. So suffice to say I shall be returning it myself as I suspect someone else has.

So does this mean lovehoney resell's the returned items?

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Hi ubergam3r

Firstly, I'm so sorry you had this experience - it is definitely EXTREMELY rare and not something we hear a lot. 

Secondly, Lovehoney do not resell returns. 

Returns are processed by our team in order to arrange refunds, exchanges and replacements, but are not restocked. 

Products are, on occasion, opened by staff though. For example, I open all the toys I write about. We also photograph products in-house and film them in our studio. 

9 times out of 10 a product has only been handled for these purposes so is suitable to be restocked. We do everything in our power to make sure that an item is in a resaleable condition before we do this. If we deem it to be "too handled" to sell (but good for use) then we give it to staff members, or send them out for review (after explaining to the reviewer it's been opened). 

It sounds to me as though your item has been opened in-house for the above reasons, but less-than thoroughly checked before being returned to the warehouse. I'll be sure to remind all hands-on staff members to do ALL checks (we have a list!) before thinking about restocking. 

Our rule is "if in doubt, dont restock". Seems like someone missed the memo this time. 

Again I'm very sorry you've had this experience. Please do contact our customer care team to pass on this feedback and arrange for the one you have to be returned/swapped/refunded. 

ubergam3r [sign in to see picture]

Hi Jess

Thanks for your response and explanation, it's good to know that returned items are not re-sold.

Thanks

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.