• Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Important & Polite notice about the images you upload...

    1489615026
    RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2552
    • Joined: 11 Apr 2016

    Definitely a pay rise needed for the extremities of the image uploaded at silly o'clock. My eyes didn't ask for it. *shudder*

    1489628122
    Godxeon [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 17
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2017

    This seems all rather ridiculously trivial considering the nature and the explicit and intended purpose of the products for sale on this site. But 'oh no' we cannot show an outline of a penis or a labia ! I mean, really....? Its your site and your rules but it really is the epitomy of double standards isnt it.

    1489653548
    SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1674
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2015

    Godxeon wrote:

    This seems all rather ridiculously trivial considering the nature and the explicit and intended purpose of the products for sale on this site. But 'oh no' we cannot show an outline of a penis or a labia ! I mean, really....? Its your site and your rules but it really is the epitomy of double standards isnt it.

    No. Because first and foremost Lovehoney is a business. End of. People come here to purchase sexual aids, not have 'penises and labia's' unfairly shoved in their face when that isnt the reason for visitng here.

    1489657319
    Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2180
    • Joined: 9 Oct 2014

    Godxeon wrote:

    This seems all rather ridiculously trivial considering the nature and the explicit and intended purpose of the products for sale on this site. But 'oh no' we cannot show an outline of a penis or a labia ! I mean, really....? Its your site and your rules but it really is the epitomy of double standards isnt it.

    Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you are not happy with our Forum rules. 

    I must say though it is not trival when member's safety is concerned. The rules are in place for more than ours and your safety it also due to google not liking certain images on retail sites. 

    We do not show nipples, vaginas or penises in our product pictures, there for we would not expect for our members to post such photos. So I see no double standards here. 

    There are many other sites designed for sharing such images and anyone wishing to post such photos in a public domain can do so on these sites. However it is a no for here. 

    I must also state that SP is right and if anyone has joined up or come to Lovehoney to see such images they will be sorely dissapointed. The forum is designed to discuss sexual well being and to talk Lovehoney products. 

    I hope this helps clarify this matter. 

    1489688159
    Richie1 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 253
    • Joined: 10 Feb 2016

    Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

    Godxeon wrote:

    This seems all rather ridiculously trivial considering the nature and the explicit and intended purpose of the products for sale on this site. But 'oh no' we cannot show an outline of a penis or a labia ! I mean, really....? Its your site and your rules but it really is the epitomy of double standards isnt it.

    Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you are not happy with our Forum rules.

    I must say though it is not trival when member's safety is concerned. The rules are in place for more than ours and your safety it also due to google not liking certain images on retail sites.

    We do not show nipples, vaginas or penises in our product pictures, there for we would not expect for our members to post such photos. So I see no double standards here.

    There are many other sites designed for sharing such images and anyone wishing to post such photos in a public domain can do so on these sites. However it is a no for here.

    I must also state that SP is right and if anyone has joined up or come to Lovehoney to see such images they will be sorely dissapointed. The forum is designed to discuss sexual well being and to talk Lovehoney products.

    I hope this helps clarify this matter.

    Well said Leanne....the Lovehoney rules are very clear and people not wanting to abide by them should leave the site. Thank you for the hard work you put in to keep the site safe. xxx

    1489690366
    delilahxx [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5540
    • Joined: 12 Mar 2013

    SquirtyPanda wrote:

    Godxeon wrote:

    This seems all rather ridiculously trivial considering the nature and the explicit and intended purpose of the products for sale on this site. But 'oh no' we cannot show an outline of a penis or a labia ! I mean, really....? Its your site and your rules but it really is the epitomy of double standards isnt it.

    No. Because first and foremost Lovehoney is a business. End of. People come here to purchase sexual aids, not have 'penises and labia's' unfairly shoved in their face when that isnt the reason for visitng here.

    This!

    1489706167
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4868
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2016

    Richie1 wrote:

    Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

    Godxeon wrote:

    This seems all rather ridiculously trivial considering the nature and the explicit and intended purpose of the products for sale on this site. But 'oh no' we cannot show an outline of a penis or a labia ! I mean, really....? Its your site and your rules but it really is the epitomy of double standards isnt it.

    Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you are not happy with our Forum rules.

    I must say though it is not trival when member's safety is concerned. The rules are in place for more than ours and your safety it also due to google not liking certain images on retail sites.

    We do not show nipples, vaginas or penises in our product pictures, there for we would not expect for our members to post such photos. So I see no double standards here.

    There are many other sites designed for sharing such images and anyone wishing to post such photos in a public domain can do so on these sites. However it is a no for here.

    I must also state that SP is right and if anyone has joined up or come to Lovehoney to see such images they will be sorely dissapointed. The forum is designed to discuss sexual well being and to talk Lovehoney products.

    I hope this helps clarify this matter.

    Well said Leanne....the Lovehoney rules are very clear and people not wanting to abide by them should leave the site. Thank you for the hard work you put in to keep the site safe. xxx

    What Richie1 said xxx

    1489708583
    The_Grim_Seeder [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 10
    • Joined: 26 Feb 2017

    Hurrah! I've been waiting ages to upload my mug shot!

    1489708843
    Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1749
    • Joined: 15 May 2016

    The beauty about forums is discussing things with people's different points of view

    It's a shame though the freebie police have to jump in to lh defence all the time

    I remember seeing love honey post pictures that you can clearly see a bIt more than intended

    https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37109

    The nature of love honey products is to enhance the human body and it just a shame images are spoilt with a well placed hand

    We are all adults that use this site and have to be members to view the images don't we?

    But it's love honeys website at the end of the day and they make the rules but I can see it from both sides of the argument

    Just saying

    Throbin

    1489709750
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4868
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2016

    Hi throbin

    I am not quite sure what you mean by 'freebie police' so not going to make any remark to that.

    I don't know if you saw 'the' picture the other night that has kicked this off again but it was of a new member totally naked holding his very large erect penis full frontal - totally against forum rules.

    All we are asking is for people to respectfully read and abide by the rules.

    I do get your point about the pic in the link you provided though xx

    1489710269
    Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1749
    • Joined: 15 May 2016

    No lnt never saw that pic

    Damn I missed that picture lol pheww

    Well yes I'm against erect penis's ;)

    1489710457
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4868
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2016

    Also, I think you'll find even if not signed in as a member you can still see uploaded pictures but you cannot see them on peoples profiles. Another reason why there needs to be rules xx

    1489710804
    Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1749
    • Joined: 15 May 2016

    I can't see avi's unless I'm logged in ;)

    1489711061
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4868
    • Joined: 16 Jan 2016

    Throbinhood wrote:

    I can't see avi's unless I'm logged in ;)

    No - I apologise. I have just removed that from my previous post. Xxx
    1489739167
    SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1674
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2015

    Throbinhood wrote:

    It's a shame though the freebie police have to jump in to lh defence all the time

    I didnt know your job title had changed leanne ?!

    1489739209
    NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1127
    • Joined: 16 Aug 2016

    LNT is right, whilst you cannot see peoples Avi's, you can see peoples pics without being logged on on the LoveHoney Community Photo Gallery page

    https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/photos/

    You only have to log in when you select onto a picture

    1489740131
    Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1749
    • Joined: 15 May 2016

    Yes your right naughtynerd, I stand corrected

    thanks for pointing that out

    throbin

    1489744266
    Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2180
    • Joined: 9 Oct 2014

    Well as long as it's being debated at least I know it has been read so there should be no excuses for following the rules! 

    Also not just Lovehoney rules... Google rules, so there we are not just the freebie police on this one. 

    Thank you for bringing that 3rd party product image to our attention.  I shall see if our image magicians can work some more magic on that one. 

    This thread may be an interesting read for those that think it is us being prudes: 

    https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1227550-why-no-nipples/

    1489745358
    Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1749
    • Joined: 15 May 2016

    Well I'm more sure about the google rules one

    If you goto google images and type "see through male underwear" you will see pictures that show more than lovehoney allows!

    I was just trying to see both sides of the argument !

    I don't see anything wrong with that love honey image or any see through underwear as at end of day it was designed to be see through so why hide the fact ! As long as it's not in an aroused state!

    I was just giving my honest opinion,

    In U.K We are far to prudish..

    That's all I have to say on this subject now :)

    1489745772
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6353
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    Throbin, it's not that Google doesn't allow it, it's that it doesn't like it on retail sites which is what Lovehoney is first and foremost. It would rank them lower in the search results if they allowed these sort of images :)

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.