• Sharing of personal information...

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Hello 

I am sorry to post again about this topic. I know it has had a marmite effect towards the forum & me. 

We closed the twitter thread down a few months back due to some issues with adding people and the security of members being compromised. The whole thread has now been deleted so that no one can gain access to the handles that had been shared. I also had a thread open about reviewers that blog, where handles could be shared. This one has also been removed. 

At this point we did not remove handles from bios.

However we have now started to do this. So you may notice it has disappeared, along with any other social media profile links - That was me. Do not re-add these I will have to remove it again adding (REMOVED BY MODERATOR) . If you still have your links in your bio or have re-added it please do remove it. 

This is not a complete change, we are just putting Rule no2 in play: 

2. No sharing personal contact details

I am aware this becomes a grey area when it comes to bloggers. We feel at the moment this is not an issue as bloggers are out in the social world as their alter egos, so far we have not had issues with this. Plus why wouldn't we want you to have access to great sexual advice and help!

My apologies to anyone this may upset or annoy and I understand the blog posts etc etc can link up to people's social media accounts, so there is no getting away from it completely. However after receiving feedback about people's safety (to the point of removing their community account) and looking at arguments that were had due to allowing the sharing of such details we have had no choice but no step in on this. We want you to feel safe in this environment.

Thank you all for your understanding & I hope you can see why we have had to act on rule number two.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

👍 ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ 

Oh this has been LONG overdue. Hooorayyy!!

Well done Leanne. 

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Thank you for keeping this a safe place to be Leanne and Lovehoney team.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 wrote:

I second this, the fact that is safe is the only reason I'm still here.

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Well done Leanne for doing the clear up and keeping the site safe.

Richie1 [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

I would like to echo both Fun Louise and Vanessa8 and thank you so much Leanne and the Lovehoney team. I love this site as it is a safe environment allowing us to share our experiences with other like minded supportive people. It would be a shame if anything was allowed to compromise this.

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

Richie1 wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

I would like to echo both Fun Louise and Vanessa8 and thank you so much Leanne and the Lovehoney team. I love this site as it is a safe environment allowing us to share our experiences with other like minded supportive people. It would be a shame if anything was allowed to compromise this.

+1to all of the above. The time and effort put in by the Lovehoney staff to keep the forum a place where people can participate openly and keep their amoninity is greatly appreciated. PLEASE let's help and support them in any way we can x

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

I did ask about this via Twitter yesterday as it was something I had only just become aware of. Thank you for the detailed explaination and apologies as I believe my Twitter name may have been one of the ones you had to remove! That was what had made me notice yesterday.

Is it still okay to post on the 'Lovehoney Bloggers Brand Spanking New Thread?' Providing we stick to the rules put in place in the original post?

Thanks!

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Is it still okay to post on the 'Lovehoney Bloggers Brand Spanking New Thread?' Providing we stick to the rules put in place in the original post?

Thanks!

Yes this is all still OK, we want members to get the most advise and the blogs encourage this.yes

Thank you all for the postive outlook on this move and for the help in making it a safe place to be 

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Ooops, guilty of having my info on my bio. Apologies x

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

Thanks!

Yes this is all still OK, we want members to get the most advise and the blogs encourage this.

Okay great! Thank you Leanne 😀
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Richie1 wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

+1 To the above. Thank you to Leanne and the Lovehoney team for keeping this such a safe forum for us all xx

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Scorpius12 wrote:

Richie1 wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

+1 To the above. Thank you to Leanne and the Lovehoney team for keeping this such a safe forum for us all xx

*general noises of agreement*

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Understandable. You have our safety in your mindset and that is nothing to moan about. Looking after us

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

Shadow Collector wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

Richie1 wrote:

Fun Louise wrote:

Vanessa8 wrote:

*general noises of agreement*

Couldn't agree more, love how the safety is always paramount within this incredible environment. Thanks to the team looking after us all, your efforts are greatly appreciated 😙💜xx
    mamz [sign in to see picture]

I think the fact that everyone feels safe here is part of what makes it a great place

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

The fact everyone here has been so positive makes my heart feel warm. I'm so proud of our wonderful community. 

Leanne and I were both wondering which way this thread was going to go (based on previous convos on Facebook deets etc) so the fact you're all so understanding makes me feel very happy.

THANK YOU! 

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

I understand the reasons.
    I do however also think it's a shame that, as always in society, we have to kneel to the low at the expense of those decent humans among us.

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

I had a feeling this would eveunally happen - I applaud your patience Leanne. It must have taken ages to go through all the the profiles. Sorry if you asked members to remove our twitter handles ourselves as I didn't see it.

I know it was mentioned ages ago that this might happen - It's just a bugger that other people out there keep pushing boundaries.

Thanks for the time you have put in to make the community safer for us all :)

Happy Weekend folks

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.