£2.99 Sunday delivery! Hurry ends in ...
  • Wait! We think you’re in the US - Lovehoney.com is a better site for you.
    Shop there and get 10% off!
    United States Flag
    Go to Lovehoney.com
  1. Christmas Deals

[suspended user]

suspended user

SquirtyPanda wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Generally, forum regulars aren't interested in 98% of the sale items, and that Xmas day sale was our single opportunity to get a decent discount on a high profile item.

I wouldn't call myself a forum regular having only been here a few months, but even then I'm already disinterested in the cheaper products, and it's the cheaper ones that seem to be on sale most of the time / are rotated through deal of the day. Yes there was Je Joue in this sales (speaking in terms of female sex toys), but they were also there in the previous Black Friday event, so somewhat disappointing.

Just to be a bit cheeky since JL and B&Q were mentioned (I didn't shop these two), other shops selling different types of prodcuts out there do actually do quite good discounts - I've bought good quality designer clothes at more than 50% off :P

The Oh mi bod vibrator has been in the past several sales now and the rockbox thing as well. These are somewhat pricey which did gave me hope that we'd see something else in this price range discounted in the xmas sales. I am disheartened, but nontheless i am looking forward to the up coming deals. With my savings i bought a new duvet set from john lewis (which was 50% off!!) and some lamps.

The one thing that hasn't changed in the 4 years I've been shopping here is the same products in the regular offers, albeit updated for current versions, I've no expectation that this will change. Let's hope I'm wrong about that. I'm looking forward to next year's Xmas day sale now.
    SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

SquirtyPanda wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Generally, forum regulars aren't interested in 98% of the sale items, and that Xmas day sale was our single opportunity to get a decent discount on a high profile item.

I wouldn't call myself a forum regular having only been here a few months, but even then I'm already disinterested in the cheaper products, and it's the cheaper ones that seem to be on sale most of the time / are rotated through deal of the day. Yes there was Je Joue in this sales (speaking in terms of female sex toys), but they were also there in the previous Black Friday event, so somewhat disappointing.

Just to be a bit cheeky since JL and B&Q were mentioned (I didn't shop these two), other shops selling different types of prodcuts out there do actually do quite good discounts - I've bought good quality designer clothes at more than 50% off :P

The Oh mi bod vibrator has been in the past several sales now and the rockbox thing as well. These are somewhat pricey which did gave me hope that we'd see something else in this price range discounted in the xmas sales. I am disheartened, but nontheless i am looking forward to the up coming deals. With my savings i bought a new duvet set from john lewis (which was 50% off!!) and some lamps.

The one thing that hasn't changed in the 4 years I've been shopping here is the same products in the regular offers, albeit updated for current versions, I've no expectation that this will change. Let's hope I'm wrong about that. I'm looking forward to next year's Xmas day sale now.

are there any new years day sales etc ?

[suspended user]

suspended user

who knows! I don't remember one previously

dingo [sign in to see picture]

I dont think so.
    I dont remember After Christmas sales or good discount codes.

Right now, the codes that sharesale sits offer are expired, im talking about 25%. Btw, they suppose to work until 31.12.16 but from some reason they dont.
    Any way its easy to find 20%.

Now ill have to wait until February and hope for good discount.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Briona87 wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

A previous poster made a point that I would like to echo - there has been some mis-remembering/rose-tinting about the Christmas Day forum deal. The Christmas Day deals were always on 8-12 specific items only. Because of this, very few people actually took up the Christmas Day forum deal. Each year there would be a few happy people, but plenty more shrugging their shoulders and expressing disappointment.

This year, we decided that we would be more inclusive and have special deals on Christmas Day and Boxing Day only that were posted on the homepage. This also meant that administering the deal was more straightforward so that there was no risk of it not working, avoiding anxiety for the team who have to set this up. This was a different approach, and we take all feedback on board, so perhaps next time there needs to be more luxury peppered in as well.

That basically confirms what I thought about the reasoning behind the sales Lovehoney launched this Christmas. The hopes of forum regulars simply didn't match the desires of the vast majority of buyers. A bit of disappointment for forum members, yeah, but it is not the end of the world, after all.

Yeah, most of the toys in the sale just did not cut it for me. Oooh well, I guess instead of spending some of the money I got for Christmas at LH, I will treat myself with something else. Maybe a flight ticket to visit friend in UK.

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

If you didn't sell a lot of expensive sex toys previous years, what is stoppning you from both having cheap toys and a few more expensive ones on sale in the Christmas day sale? It would have made us - the most loyal customers you probably have - happy. I have been waiting for this event for 10 months and have heard such great things, this has made me less motivated to shop.

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

Wel I brought two handled pans instead of lingerie ect, decided I need them more, other ones are becoming dangerous with handles coming loose.

AnastasiaB [sign in to see picture]

I am not going to lie. I was a bit dissapointed when the luxury christmas day sale never happend. I have used sex toys for more than 20 years, but when I discovered LH, I still had to buy a lot of stuff that I thought was cheap at the time. But it turned out that the same toys are always on offers and sale and there is nothing more for us to buy now.

As it has been christmas and my birthday is on Friday (I'll be 40!!! :O), my husband told me to let his credit card go warm on the Christmas day sale. But there has not been one thing in the sale that I wanted, so I guess I will save my "present" and use it at something else.

But I am not complaining, though. I have had a lot of great testers this year andLeanne has been really nice and understanding to me. Custumer care was great the one time I needed them. So all in all, I still love Lovehoney. :) xxx

[suspended user]

suspended user

Happy Birthday AnastasiaB

AnastasiaB [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

Thank you. :)

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

+1

Oh, to be 40 again!! Xxxx

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Few good offers in the Motörhead head range in the sale.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/brands/motorhead/

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

AnastasiaB wrote:

I am not going to lie. I was a bit dissapointed when the luxury christmas day sale never happend. I have used sex toys for more than 20 years, but when I discovered LH, I still had to buy a lot of stuff that I thought was cheap at the time. But it turned out that the same toys are always on offers and sale and there is nothing more for us to buy now.

As it has been christmas and my birthday is on Friday (I'll be 40!!! :O), my husband told me to let his credit card go warm on the Christmas day sale. But there has not been one thing in the sale that I wanted, so I guess I will save my "present" and use it at something else.

But I am not complaining, though. I have had a lot of great testers this year andLeanne has been really nice and understanding to me. Custumer care was great the one time I needed them. So all in all, I still love Lovehoney. :) xxx

Have a brilliant day tomorrow.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.