• Christmas Deals

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

I think the comments about expecting replies from lovehoney staff is un-fair as they work hard all year and they deserve some time off to enjoy Christmas with their families.

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

It seems to me that this sale is oriented towards people who could be considered "sex toy beginners", and this makes it a bit, well, unappealing to most forum regulars who already own all the "basics" and who are after luxury treats... Well, I guess people at the Lovehoney HQ know why they decided to do it this way this Christmas.

I agree Briona, maybe Lovehoney are after new customers rather than existing ones. We will probably never know. I'm a bit of a toy snob and I have never really had "basics" I have always desired and saved for luxury. Hay ho, new year soon.

I could be considered a bit of a toy snob, too. I always go for quality materials that can be cleaned thoroughly, and I also love powerful toys. And I like rechargeable stuff.

But something (that is, the list of best-selling toys) tells me that when it comes to toys (in other words, I am not talking about lingerie, essentials and bondage goodies), Lovehoney sells far more cheaper items than high-end ones. When I take a look at the list of 480 best-sellers, there are mostly cheap(ish) toys I would not really want to get (many of them made from materials I simply wouldn't use). Most people buy them, though...

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

I might be in the minority I think. I'm not disappointed.

I wasn't on here last year and yes if there had been an unmissable offer I'm sure I would have joined in however I just am grateful for the offers I have had, the black Friday deals & a couple of testers. Plus their customer service trumps any sales or discounts for me. Not many places these days you can speak to and get good advice from a human being.

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

Btw, before anyone jumps down my throat, this is just my opinion. As with all opinions there's no right or wrong.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

NaughtyNerd wrote:

Btw, before anyone jumps down my throat, this is just my opinion. As with all opinions there's no right or wrong.

Of course your welcome to your opinion, no one should criticise anyone's opinion. Our diversity is our strength as a forum. The Black Friday deals were good for most people, and the X% off emails are great. Feel free to speek your mind.

dingo [sign in to see picture]

bondagegod wrote:

I think the comments about expecting replies from lovehoney staff is un-fair as they work hard all year and they deserve some time off to enjoy Christmas with their families.

I think you misunderstood me. Im not expecting that love hony stuff will comment on this post now, or yesterday, or Christmas day. I just expected to know few weeks befor Christmas that lovehoney dont plan to make the secret sale this year. I mentioned that im waiting this sale last week, in other post. The post about vixskin product raised prices. It was great opt to tell us that this sale not gonna happen this year.
    kelly_michelle [sign in to see picture]

I've been trying not to comment on this thread but this kind of thread is why I don't post much on the forums.

Yes, Lovehoney's secret Christmas Day sales were fun, and a great bargain, but please know it was only on a handful of items, so those of you saying you wanted specific products or brands, may still have been disappointed.

I have been shopping on lovehoney a long time now (longer than ive had a community profile) and I don't think I've ever seen so many sales, deals and offers generally in the lead up to Christmas. We have actually been spoiled this year.

And as for notification? Businesses can't give that sort of information out. Their competitors would use it against them in a heart beat.

You want to guarantee a great deal on a specific product? Save up your Oh points and wait for a money off voucher by email.

dingo [sign in to see picture]

Well, guess you right.

LadyS [sign in to see picture]

kelly_michelle wrote:

I've been trying not to comment on this thread but this kind of thread is why I don't post much on the forums.

Yes, Lovehoney's secret Christmas Day sales were fun, and a great bargain, but please know it was only on a handful of items, so those of you saying you wanted specific products or brands, may still have been disappointed.

I have been shopping on lovehoney a long time now (longer than ive had a community profile) and I don't think I've ever seen so many sales, deals and offers generally in the lead up to Christmas. We have actually been spoiled this year.

And as for notification? Businesses can't give that sort of information out. Their competitors would use it against them in a heart beat.

You want to guarantee a great deal on a specific product? Save up your Oh points and wait for a money off voucher by email.

+1

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

NaughtyNerd wrote:

I might be in the minority I think. I'm not disappointed.

I wasn't on here last year and yes if there had been an unmissable offer I'm sure I would have joined in however I just am grateful for the offers I have had, the black Friday deals & a couple of testers. Plus their customer service trumps any sales or discounts for me. Not many places these days you can speak to and get good advice from a human being.

Nope you are not alone, this is what I said on Christmas Day -

"No discount code for me either and as it's my 1st Christmas since joining LH don't know what previous sales have been like.

Not gonna grumble - had plenty of discounts during the year, not to mention testers, so I am actually still a happy bunny!!!!

Hope Boxing Day brings something you guys want xxx"

Xxxxx

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

+1 kelly_michelle.

The Black Friday sale was really good with loads of outstanding offers and you know with lovehoney there will be more great offers just around the corner.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I have been off and Jess has been very very ill :( Wishing her a speedy recovery! Sadly this means no one has been here. Christmas happened amongst all that too. 

I will pass this thread on to the online trading team as feedback regarding our forum and sales for you all. 

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and got what you all wanted from Santa! 

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Welcome back to work Leanne. Merry New year.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hello,

My name is Alice - some of the older forumites may recognise me. I've worked at Lovehoney for nearly 7 years and for a long time before there was a bigger team I used to edit every review, post every tweet, send every item for review, run the forum, approve the pictures etc so I know the Lovehoney community quite well. I still read regularly, even if you don't see me much these days. 

I also used to be the person who set up the Christmas Day deals, came on at 9am to share the code and made sure they went smoothly (sometimes meaning I had little sleep at 2 or 3am on Christmas morning frantically trying to fix them!).

A previous poster made a point that I would like to echo - there has been some mis-remembering/rose-tinting about the Christmas Day forum deal. The Christmas Day deals were always on 8-12 specific items only. Because of this, very few people actually took up the Christmas Day forum deal. Each year there would be a few happy people, but plenty more shrugging their shoulders and expressing disappointment. 

This year, we decided that we would be more inclusive and have special deals on Christmas Day and Boxing Day only that were posted on the homepage. This also meant that administering the deal was more straightforward so that there was no risk of it not working, avoiding anxiety for the team who have to set this up. This was a different approach, and we take all feedback on board, so perhaps next time there needs to be more luxury peppered in as well.

I'm very sorry the message about this change didn't get through and your expectations weren't managed, but as Leanne has said there has been a lot of sickness here at LHHQ so I can see how this fell between the cracks.

I actually came on here on Christmas Day and Boxing Day (old habits die hard, eh?!) and I was sad to see your disappointment.  But on the other hand I knew as well that people saying they were waiting for a monster discount on Vixen or Womanizer would have not been satisfied either - massive discounts of yore on a swathe of luxury products is sadly a myth.

We work hard to try and offer great value, great service and fantastic products - and at the same time keep mixing up the promotions, discounts and deals to give everyone a chance to nab something they like with a bit of money off or a bonus freebie thrown in.

We have run more promotions in 2016 than ever before and intend to do even more still in 2017. We always like to take on board your feedback about promotions you would like to see, but we also have to be realistic - I'd personally love to see a 25% discount in B&Q or John Lewis :D!

Sorry this has got long and a bit rambly, but just know that I'm still around, always keeping an eye on you all and take on board everything you say...

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Hi alice,

I think all the sales in the shops this year have been poor.. guess they can blame it on brexit lol

As the saying goes "you can’t please all of the people all of the time"

I look forward to seeing what lovehoney deals come available in 2017

Throbin

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

It is a massive shame our expectations weren't managed more effectively Alice, there has been widespread talk of the sale for several months now - ample opportunity to correct our assumptions.

Generally, forum regulars aren't interested in 98% of the sale items, and that Xmas day sale was our single opportunity to get a decent discount on a high profile item.

As a long standing customer my feelings about the slow but steady erosion of the benefits of shopping at LH are well documented, just another one to add to my list. Momey I've been saving all year will now go to charity instead so not all bad I spose

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Wild172 wrote:

I haven't been on LH for over a year but came back yesterday to see what was on offer in the luxury sale and sadly it hasn't appeared. I think it's sad but don't feel that it should be in anyway guaranteed.

Had a quick catch up in the sex toy world and discovered the Womanizer and was about to order when I thought I'd check the price elsewhere - found it a lot cheaper elsewhere on a respectable competitor website, but have always been loyal to LH so thought I would ask Live Chat about the lack of sale. They confirmed no luxury sale this year and when I asked about price matching I was told this is not done. Then before I could ask anything else, this was followed with: "I don't have any discount codes for you". Like I say I haven't been here in over a year but have been fortunate enough to test a few products in previous years and have bought a lot from LH. Live Chat have previously helped me when I have missed a sale and matched the price a day later; directed me to voucher cloud or similar and generally been more than helpful - hence the loyalty.

I now don't feel so uncertain ordering a £100+ product from elsewhere. This is not the customer service I was once happy to pay extra for. Has LH changed or is this a once off?

I am so sorry to hear you have not received the outstanding customer care services we usually offer.

Would you mind emailing me at community@lovehoney.co.uk with the details on who it was you have spoken with ? The feedback is always good for us when focusing on training needs. 

Terribly sorry this led you to purchase elsewhere :( I hope to get this resolved with you. 

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

A previous poster made a point that I would like to echo - there has been some mis-remembering/rose-tinting about the Christmas Day forum deal. The Christmas Day deals were always on 8-12 specific items only. Because of this, very few people actually took up the Christmas Day forum deal. Each year there would be a few happy people, but plenty more shrugging their shoulders and expressing disappointment.

This year, we decided that we would be more inclusive and have special deals on Christmas Day and Boxing Day only that were posted on the homepage. This also meant that administering the deal was more straightforward so that there was no risk of it not working, avoiding anxiety for the team who have to set this up. This was a different approach, and we take all feedback on board, so perhaps next time there needs to be more luxury peppered in as well.

That basically confirms what I thought about the reasoning behind the sales Lovehoney launched this Christmas. The hopes of forum regulars simply didn't match the desires of the vast majority of buyers. A bit of disappointment for forum members, yeah, but it is not the end of the world, after all.

captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

Generally, forum regulars aren't interested in 98% of the sale items, and that Xmas day sale was our single opportunity to get a decent discount on a high profile item.

I wouldn't call myself a forum regular having only been here a few months, but even then I'm already disinterested in the cheaper products, and it's the cheaper ones that seem to be on sale most of the time / are rotated through deal of the day. Yes there was Je Joue in this sales (speaking in terms of female sex toys), but they were also there in the previous Black Friday event, so somewhat disappointing.

Just to be a bit cheeky since JL and B&Q were mentioned (I didn't shop these two), other shops selling different types of prodcuts out there do actually do quite good discounts - I've bought good quality designer clothes at more than 50% off :P

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

captainmeow wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

I wouldn't call myself a forum regular having only been here a few months, but even then I'm already disinterested in the cheaper products, and it's the cheaper ones that seem to be on sale most of the time / are rotated through deal of the day. Yes there was Je Joue in this sales (speaking in terms of female sex toys), but they were also there in the previous Black Friday event, so somewhat disappointing.

Just to be a bit cheeky since JL and B&Q were mentioned (I didn't shop these two), other shops selling different types of prodcuts out there do actually do quite good discounts - I've bought good quality designer clothes at more than 50% off :P

The Oh mi bod vibrator has been in the past several sales now and the rockbox thing as well. These are somewhat pricey which did gave me hope that we'd see something else in this price range discounted in the xmas sales. I am disheartened, but nontheless i am looking forward to the up coming deals. With my savings i bought a new duvet set from john lewis (which was 50% off!!) and some lamps.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.