• Christmas Deals

truegrace [sign in to see picture]

Maybe a new years luxury sale 😛

Friday13 [sign in to see picture]

I can't say I'm not disappointed but the regular deals and discounts are already pretty great.

captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

Came to peek at possible boxing day sales, and sigh. I guess the disappointment comes from having saved up and expecting good sales on luxury brand names...but it just looks like a rehash of the products they couldn't sell during the Black Friday event.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

+1 to the general sense of disappointment. I didn't get any offer codes today/yesterday, just emails directing me to products of no interest to me in the sale, and I can't say really anything in the sale is jumping out at me so I guess that's that! Sad for those who saved in anticipation of this event, but I guess the changes are still rolling eh. Hopefully there will be some exciting ones round the corner :)

dingo [sign in to see picture]

Until now, no body from lovehoney commented here.
    So yes, thats it.
    Im realy disappointed because LH dident told us that they discontinued the secret sale.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

I'm disappointed as well, I had heard through the grapevine that there are usually lots of luxury items in the Boxing Day sale! I was secretly hoping to see the Satisfier on there, but maybe next year... 👎🏼

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

I was kind of hoping to see something of the womanizer/satisfyer sort in the sale too, just to finally see what the hype is about haha. Someday!

Hands All Over [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

I was kind of hoping to see something of the womanizer/satisfyer sort in the sale too, just to finally see what the hype is about haha. Someday!

+1 to this. Oh well, I'll just keep filling up my wishlist in case I win the lottery some day :)
    Userlh [sign in to see picture]

Boxing day no discount codes :? Deals are good but useless if I'm looking to buy something else...

Pretty much agree with big p

Wild172 [sign in to see picture]

I haven't been on LH for over a year but came back yesterday to see what was on offer in the luxury sale and sadly it hasn't appeared. I think it's sad but don't feel that it should be in anyway guaranteed.

Had a quick catch up in the sex toy world and discovered the Womanizer and was about to order when I thought I'd check the price elsewhere - found it a lot cheaper elsewhere on a respectable competitor website, but have always been loyal to LH so thought I would ask Live Chat about the lack of sale. They confirmed no luxury sale this year and when I asked about price matching I was told this is not done. Then before I could ask anything else, this was followed with: "I don't have any discount codes for you". Like I say I haven't been here in over a year but have been fortunate enough to test a few products in previous years and have bought a lot from LH. Live Chat have previously helped me when I have missed a sale and matched the price a day later; directed me to voucher cloud or similar and generally been more than helpful - hence the loyalty.

I now don't feel so uncertain ordering a £100+ product from elsewhere. This is not the customer service I was once happy to pay extra for. Has LH changed or is this a once off?

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

^ They never price match. If you missed out on a sale or deal by a few minutes or hours, in those cases they might do so, but they don't match competitors pricing. It's always been known to me that this is the case and isn't the cheapest site, but I buy from them the most because of the comfort of the returns policy and the customer service. The discount code comment was probably due to the amount of requests they've received for one over the last couple of days due to the absence of the luxury sale that many thought would be happening. They may have simply thought that was your next question. I would say it's a once off if you feel that the customer service wasn't up to par, but regarding price matching, that's always been the case, at least it has been during my time here.

As for the Womanizer, did you notice the latest model (Pro40)? It's around £85 and is supposedly extremely similar to the more expensive version, it's just a different shape, with less in-your-face designs and has the bonus of being waterproof. There's also the Satisfyer Pro 2 which is just under £70 and follows the same concepts.

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

It seems to me that this sale is oriented towards people who could be considered "sex toy beginners", and this makes it a bit, well, unappealing to most forum regulars who already own all the "basics" and who are after luxury treats... Well, I guess people at the Lovehoney HQ know why they decided to do it this way this Christmas.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Briona87 wrote:

It seems to me that this sale is oriented towards people who could be considered "sex toy beginners", and this makes it a bit, well, unappealing to most forum regulars who already own all the "basics" and who are after luxury treats... Well, I guess people at the Lovehoney HQ know why they decided to do it this way this Christmas.

I agree Briona, maybe Lovehoney are after new customers rather than existing ones. We will probably never know. I'm a bit of a toy snob and I have never really had "basics" I have always desired and saved for luxury. Hay ho, new year soon.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Well I am totally broke after all the home repairs so I couldn't afford anything even with a good sale. I think this year all the Black Friday stuff going on for a month was fantastic and I did place a few orders for lingerie and such during that..

dingo wrote:

So yes, thats it.
    Im realy disappointed because LH dident told us that they discontinued the secret sale.

Nobody from LH has commented probably because it's a bank holiday - can't honestly expect Leanne etc. to be working today.

Hands All Over wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

+1 to this. Oh well, I'll just keep filling up my wishlist in case I win the lottery some day :)

+2! Especially since their prices are somewhat higher than elsewhere...and I really want to be supporting LH :/

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

dingo wrote:

So yes, thats it.

That's a little unfair don't you think. We all know how hard the lovehoney staff work, they deserve a couple of days of at least. But yes it would have been nice to have been told that things would be different this year.

dingo [sign in to see picture]

Fun Louise wrote:

dingo wrote:

So yes, thats it.

That's a little unfair don't you think. We all know how hard the lovehoney staff work, they deserve a couple of days of at least. But yes it would have been nice to have been told that things would be different this year.

I turned the alarm clock day befor, just to wake up really early to see the sale items, it was my day off. Thats unfair. Guess you understand how disappointed i was when i realized that nothing gonna happen. Dont get me wrong, i love to shop here, amaizing support and return policy. Best shipping options for international buyers. Also great deals, few days ago i brought items that cost 50£ and got LH wand. Its amazing deal. Its just, when you waiting for something long time, but you dont get it. Thats what make me sad. No offense on LH or leanne. I just want to share my frustration, thats all. Merry Christmas everyone.
    SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

I'm also disappointed with the sale. I too skipped the 25% off coupon in the hope for a bigger saving. But no. I didnt recieve any email offers today either. Cheap toys going for a little cheaper isn't really a bargain for anyone. I was hoping to see some of the new, fun, relatively expensive toys discounted, not the same things seen in previous sales. The Black Friday and cyber Monday deals fell flat for me, I didn't buy anything. So I was really hankering for a half decent Boxing Day sale, but again let down. Was excited for my first customer Christmas with LH and it's just been a non event. Shame.

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

I agree it was a very big non event. Although there are other opportunities for sales with other online retailers so I will probs still spend ha

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.