1. Ask the Moderator: Reviews, Community & Pics

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

Hi, this might seem a silly question but it is genuine. I have some reviews to write from before I lost weight, of course I will be writting them as the size that I was at the time and the experience that I had but I want to know if I write it as past tense or present as to avoid confusion? Apologies for the silly question.

Hey KMM

That's entirely up to you!

I would suggest past tense as you're reviewing something you've tried rather than something you are in the process of trying.

(Eg: I write all of mine in past tense as I'm reviewing a past event of me trying the product: "I bought this item..." "I found the fit to be..." "I felt sexy/stunning/like a sack of potatoes" etc). 

When it comes to lingerie, I always add a small paragraph saying "I am 5'5" tall, and a UK dress size 10-12 and found the garment fit me perfectly/well/badly!"

So perhaps at that part you could say "when I bought this garment I was a UK size XX" and comment on the fit that way? 

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

Hi, this might seem a silly question but it is genuine. I have some reviews to write from before I lost weight, of course I will be writting them as the size that I was at the time and the experience that I had but I want to know if I write it as past tense or present as to avoid confusion? Apologies for the silly question.

Hey KMM

That's entirely up to you!

I would suggest past tense as you're reviewing something you've tried rather than something you are in the process of trying.

(Eg: I write all of mine in past tense as I'm reviewing a past event of me trying the product: "I bought this item..." "I found the fit to be..." "I felt sexy/stunning/like a sack of potatoes" etc).

When it comes to lingerie, I always add a small paragraph saying "I am 5'5" tall, and a UK dress size 10-12 and found the garment fit me perfectly/well/badly!"

So perhaps at that part you could say "when I bought this garment I was a UK size XX" and comment on the fit that way?

Great! Thank you Jess for the fast response, much appreciated.

J-Curious [sign in to see picture]

Can I share my hormone replacement therapy on the forum?

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

J-Curious wrote:

Can I share my hormone replacement therapy on the forum?

Hey J-Curious

What do you mean share your HRT? 

Do you mean share your journey? 

I hope you don't mean sharing hormones! 🤪

J-Curious [sign in to see picture]

Oh god, typo :') I meant share my HRT go fund me, sorry

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Has the ROTM competition been axed? Sorry if I've missed something 😐

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Yay it hasn't! Just seen blog post 😊.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.