1. Ask the Moderator: Reviews, Community & Pics

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

Hi, this might seem a silly question but it is genuine. I have some reviews to write from before I lost weight, of course I will be writting them as the size that I was at the time and the experience that I had but I want to know if I write it as past tense or present as to avoid confusion? Apologies for the silly question.

Hey KMM

That's entirely up to you!

I would suggest past tense as you're reviewing something you've tried rather than something you are in the process of trying.

(Eg: I write all of mine in past tense as I'm reviewing a past event of me trying the product: "I bought this item..." "I found the fit to be..." "I felt sexy/stunning/like a sack of potatoes" etc). 

When it comes to lingerie, I always add a small paragraph saying "I am 5'5" tall, and a UK dress size 10-12 and found the garment fit me perfectly/well/badly!"

So perhaps at that part you could say "when I bought this garment I was a UK size XX" and comment on the fit that way? 

KinkyMinxMoo [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

KinkyMinxMoo wrote:

Hi, this might seem a silly question but it is genuine. I have some reviews to write from before I lost weight, of course I will be writting them as the size that I was at the time and the experience that I had but I want to know if I write it as past tense or present as to avoid confusion? Apologies for the silly question.

Hey KMM

That's entirely up to you!

I would suggest past tense as you're reviewing something you've tried rather than something you are in the process of trying.

(Eg: I write all of mine in past tense as I'm reviewing a past event of me trying the product: "I bought this item..." "I found the fit to be..." "I felt sexy/stunning/like a sack of potatoes" etc).

When it comes to lingerie, I always add a small paragraph saying "I am 5'5" tall, and a UK dress size 10-12 and found the garment fit me perfectly/well/badly!"

So perhaps at that part you could say "when I bought this garment I was a UK size XX" and comment on the fit that way?

Great! Thank you Jess for the fast response, much appreciated.

J-Curious [sign in to see picture]

Can I share my hormone replacement therapy on the forum?

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

J-Curious wrote:

Can I share my hormone replacement therapy on the forum?

Hey J-Curious

What do you mean share your HRT? 

Do you mean share your journey? 

I hope you don't mean sharing hormones! 🤪

J-Curious [sign in to see picture]

Oh god, typo :') I meant share my HRT go fund me, sorry

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Has the ROTM competition been axed? Sorry if I've missed something 😐

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Yay it hasn't! Just seen blog post 😊.

Ian Chimp [sign in to see picture]

Good morning Leanne. I've been reading as much as possible about good
    reviews and sex toy testers and I saw that in the 'Housekeeping' thread
    (the one linked in the sticky 'Review - all you need to know' post) that
    Jess said that a Sex Toy Tester wishlist can have different stuff
    included that's not specifically on the Sex Toy Tester list as this
    makes it easier to get a feel for what that potential tester likes. Her
    post was from a few years ago, but I was wondering if this still was the
    case? I think other people have told me differently, and that I should
    keep it as close to up-to-date as humanly possible. Which is your
    preference?

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]
    Hey Ian, It is best to have less than 10 items in the list and some of those do NEED to be from the tester list. So, if we have 10 or more items listed on the tester page, then there isn't really room for anything else. ************************************************************************************************************************* I recently removed all the items so that people could start from scratch as some people had 50 plus items, which is just a nightmare for me to sieve through, so quite simply I won't.  Also, if a wishlist has nothing in it form our tester list, that potential reviewer will never show on my list. *********************************************************************************************************************** So the answer is yes and no. We prefer you don't have more than what is on the list, but if you do and it is less than 10 items it is not the end of the world and you may still get picked. 

Excellent. Clean list it is. 🙂 ************************** Have you
    considered having a 'Sex Toy Tester' handbook? I've been working my way
    through all the info and linked threads, but I have to admit it's a bit
    sprawling and sometimes contradictory. Having a pdf with it all in would
    be great. And if you had a '2018' one then people would know that the
    information in it was bang up-to-date.

No we haven't but I will pass on your comments 
    Emerald269 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Leanne, so sorry to trouble you at this busy time (with the sale and everything). I will wait patiently for your reply.

I was just wondering about the ranks in the Orgasm Army. I have read the helpful information on the sticky threads before contacting you. 

I guess I would like to know, how have some made it to Captain and even Colonel status already, when they have (for example) one forum post and a couple of reviews. Also on the other hand, others have been on here for years and written lots of good reviews and contributed to the forum well and they are still Field Marshall. I know you can't divulge the secret recipe for how you calculate this, but was wondering if you could clarify in some other way for me. I'm just curious more than anything. 

I did wonder if people kept their previous rank after going away and then returning to Lovehoney? - and indeed if this was why some have a high rank after 1 or 2 reviews?

I'm personally proud that I have managed to work up to mine and am very grateful. I see it as a personal achievement for me that I have accomplished this status and makes me realise I must be doing better on here now after a bumpy start! I've found all your forum coaching has helped and kept me posting appropriately and on topic on here and I can't thank you enough for that.

The forum chat feature makes me so happy and connected with others and has quite frankly changed my life for the better!

Thanks for all your support and hard work, you're truly an absolute star! I think this should be thoroughly recognised and if not already, there should be a "Thanks to Leanne..." thread as you work so hard to keep things in order on here. All the best for now, Emerald269. 😊🌹🌷🐱

I think Field Marshall is the highest army rank. It's equivalent to Admiral of the Fleet in the navy.

Hey Emerald, 

This was such an old system, many years before my time. It is actually pretty much redundant now, so we pay no attention to them really.

Members just liked having them on their stats, but to Lovehoney, it makes no difference. 

Ian Chmp is correct it was in reflection to army ranking. 

TBH - I wouldn't take much notice of them too. 

Emerald269 [sign in to see picture]

Lol, thanks to you Leanne and Mr Chimp!

Sorry Ian, obviously don't know me army ranks too well (tried to research them online you see!).

Lovely to chat Leanne and thanks for your quick response. Have a nice day y'all! 😁 xx

Smultron [sign in to see picture]

Hi Leanne,

I've posted this in the QUESTIONS for REVIEWERS and potential reviewers of Lingerie as well as mentioned it in the Lovehoney Sex Toy Tester Thread 2018 but got no reply, so I am asking here as well. Hope you'll see it!

My measurements for lingerie are still the same as in the email I sent in late June. I wonder if said measurements can exclude me from testing lingerie that are in a different size, be it a regular tester or a secret tester.

Depending on what kind of item it is, I sometimes go for a smaller or larger size in order to get the fit I prefer. This is also why I apply to test products in a wide-ish size range. No matter if it's a tester or an item I bought, I keep this in mind when writing about sizing/ fit in my review. =)

Smultron,

I select people based on the measurements and other stuff. 

For example, if I have an item that is a size 8 with bra sizing 34B, I will have a look at reviewers that are in that size range. 

So yes, measurements can exclude people sometimes, but then there is no point in sending it if it does not fit. 

This does not mean the items will 100% fit everyone I sent to, but will have a better chance and stops returns, exchanges and generally making people feel poop about an item not fitting. 

Smultron [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Smultron,

I select people based on the measurements and other stuff. 

For example, if I have an item that is a size 8 with bra sizing 34B, I will have a look at reviewers that are in that size range. 

So yes, measurements can exclude people sometimes, but then there is no point in sending it if it does not fit. 

This does not mean the items will 100% fit everyone I sent to, but will have a better chance and stops returns, exchanges and generally making people feel poop about an item not fitting. 

Thanks for your reply, Leanne!

In my case, I go for anywhere between size 14-18 depending on what kind of lingerie it is and the fit, the bra/cup, or the size running a bit small/ large. I wouldn't even apply to test a size 12, but I go for 14, 16 or 18 depending on what the tester is. :/

Sissy Steve [sign in to see picture]

Hi Leanne

I have read the photo upload rules and am mindful of the no nipples stipulation. I was wondering though, does this also apply to men? Specifically a sissy male whose nipples are showing through the cups of particularly gorgeous ultra sheer vintage slip. I'm not talking about a close up here. Just an almost full length shot of me where my nips happen to be in evidence. 

I would welcome your advice.

Sissy Steve x

Hi, Sissy steve,

We abide by what Google dictates due to the business side of things. It does only apply to 'female' nipples. Or in other words, people with a vulva. 

There is more on this here: Why no nipples

I have found that some people that identify as a male will also cover nipples in solidarity, I think that is awesome. In an ideal world, no nipple world be covered, but it is what it is... For now. 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.